Current NBA Draft Dynasty

Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: valkorum on January 23, 2013, 01:35:16 PM
Quote from: Jayman on January 23, 2013, 12:53:38 PM
Quote from: valkorum on January 23, 2013, 12:50:35 PM
I appreciate the messages but I will say it now - I did not read any of them.  It would be unfair. 

I have cast my vote in a PM to FS - it was close between 4 teams IMO and 3rd place was decided based on a combo of 2 players.
Damn well that was a waste of my time ::) FS told me we had to PM you guys a write-up, so I dont see how it is unfair

You just linked your posts - you didnt "write" anything :P

Not everyone had mailed me so it was unfair to make a decision based on the fact that not everyone had the same opportunity.
lol I wrote heaps! And linked the players as well just in case some of the judges didn't know much about some of my players

Jay

Windigo

Holz

Will talk when your PG gets MVP

with lebron and Rose my guys are on 4 straight MVP titles.

My Chumps

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 23, 2013, 02:11:54 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on January 22, 2013, 08:57:04 PM
Seeing as you're not a judge Mat but you clearly know your stuff, who's team do you think's the best?  :)

Not sure to be honest. The thing with a dynasty type draft is you never know how players will progress or regress and if their careers will be cut short due to injury. That is why some of the teams that might be strong in the first couple of season might have a glaring weakness in future seasons. Then you need to think about team chemistry, some guys who have all the talent in the world are detrimental to their teams because they are headcases and divas. Then you need a good mix of offense and defense. You can't win in the NBA by just scoring as we have seen in previous years with D'Antoni teams who were all offense and no defense, or a team like the Pacers or 6'ers who play great D but are impotent on the offensive end. Plus the NBA has become a superstar driven league and you need one to win a championship. A team like the Nuggets or the Grizzlies have great depth but no superstars, coming up against the Thunder who have KD and Westrbook, you would pick the Thunder. Based on this logic, teams that lose their superstars early due to age, lose their chance at pretty much competing.

So looking at each teams superstars, it would be KD and Curry (playing like one this season), Rose and LBJ, Holiday and Anthony, Marcz has a bunch of guys who can be considered superstars but based on the ageing process I will list Paul and Kobe, Westbrook and Love, Harden and Bynum, Howard and Wade, Rondo and Aldrige.

There are some good all round squads, but going on the superstar theory, Rose and LBJ would be hard to go past since you have the last two MVP winners (James won 2009 and 2010 as well so the last 4 MVP awards have been split between the two) that will kill teams by driving the ball.

It is still difficult to judge what the chemistry would be like of certain teams, I will use FisherSaints as an example. I don't think Melo and Jrue would work well as a combination. Melo struggled when Lin was in the team because Lin was a ball handling PG. Melo has needed the ball in his hand while with the Knicks to be successful and he needs to be the guy. Jrue has developed into an excellent ball handling PG and that has become a strength of his along with his defense. So you basically need to take away one players strength to cover another players weakness. At the same time in the same team, Melo and Ibaka would work well together since Ibaka is a defense first PF who grabs a ton of boards, does not demand the ball but is able to put up points.

It might be easier to judge them if I was looking at each squad against each squad in a 7 game series and try to pick a winner like that. All I know is I am glad I am not a judge.
Wow, fantastic reply. Thanks man! You really do know your stuff  :o

And yeah, I agree with pretty much all your points. A very hard one to judge. Will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

Maca24

MyChumps and Holzman have the two best teams IMO based on all factors (Age, Chemistry, Star Power etc)

Chumps has a slightly better starting line up, but Holz has him covered with his bench.

gossiboy

By reading inbetween the lines I gathered that I won  ::) ;)

Mat0369

I am going to go find the last three fantasy drafts I did on 2k and post them here. I was remembering one of the teams I had, Durant, Love and Jrue Holiday on the same team. I think that was 2k11 when Jrue was still relatively new and Love was starting to hit his straps. I was able to get him in the second round.

Mat0369

Team one: This is from 2k11
Rose/Dragic
Wesley Matthews/ J.J Redick
Wilson Chandler/ Damien James
Love/Ryan Anderson
Ibaka/Taj Gibson
Meeks, Milicic and Dampier were just extra bench players. A bit of an undersized team but a good mix of drivers shooters and defenders. I think this team probably rates the worst of the lot. Chandler is only really good as a 6th man so my SF is a huge hole and I need a better back up center so I can shift Gibson back to PF for defensive packages.

Team two: 2k12

Jrue Holiday/Ish Smith
Afflalo/J.J Redick/Nolan Smith (listed as a pg now)
Durant/Ryan Anderson/Tobias Harris
Love/Collison/Ryan Anderson
Ibaka/DeAndre Jordan

My favourite team of the lot. A good mix of shooters, defenders, bigs, smalls, bench players, the whole lot. Love had his breakout season last year and I did the draft before that. Also was able to nab Jrue which I was extremely happy with. All 3 would be gone in the first round of a draft done today.

Team 3: 2k13

Jeff Teague/Mills
Sefolosha/Jordan Crawford/Morrow
Chandler/Singleton
Love/Markieff Morris/Leuer
Lopez/Oden

Not huge on team 3 either.

RiOtChEsS

had this draft voted up on two other sites, teams r listed in draft order...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/46/sporting-events/poll-12066-team-wins-most-rings-over-7-years.html

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-forum/poll-13569-a.html

generally speaking if u dont have Durant or LeBron u dont win...

Scrads

Can't say I didn't see 0/63 votes coming :P

gossiboy

Chris Palmer (ESPN analyst) just tweeted "Feel like we've seen the last days where Derrick Rose is better than Kyrie Irving." closely followed by "D-Rose will need a year and a half to get back to MVP form. By then Kyrie could be NBA's best PG. Understand?"

Holz

Marcz those are a great read. I'm stoked I got rose I just think a fit rose and James would be unstoppable.

I did a similar thing with my friends. I took durrant at pick 1 and my friend who knows his stuff took rosé pick 2 before lebron

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Holzman on January 23, 2013, 09:22:41 PM
Marcz those are a great read. I'm stoked I got rose I just think a fit rose and James would be unstoppable.

I did a similar thing with my friends. I took durrant at pick 1 and my friend who knows his stuff took rosé pick 2 before lebron
i guess Rose is younger, but its still pretty a bold move, James career running alongside MJ's career isnt a big difference to date, James has to do what Michael did now and win multiple Championships, Rose is fantastic, if he has his Adrian Petersen shoes on this knee injury wont take long at all for him to get back to MVP form... Those r the sites i plan on running the next voting system off, twoplustwo seems to have a lot more traffic and passionate madmen :D

Quote from: gossiboy on January 23, 2013, 08:21:22 PM
Chris Palmer (ESPN analyst) just tweeted "Feel like we've seen the last days where Derrick Rose is better than Kyrie Irving." closely followed by "D-Rose will need a year and a half to get back to MVP form. By then Kyrie could be NBA's best PG. Understand?"
ppl toss "best" around like there is more than one, there is no way anyone is better than Chris Paul at the point guard position, he is statistically on pace to be the best of all time at that position...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1456792-chris-paul-is-the-nbas-best-point-guard-and-its-not-even-close

Windigo

Well done Holzman.  8)

I knew my team was top 3 or two.

Reckon my bench was pretty solid just quietly.  :P

"And i think team 1 is actually better than team 2. even if lebron is better than durant from years 4-7 (far from a gtee), team 1 has curry/george who will only be 30 in the last year whereas team 2 has zbo/noah/parker/granger who will all be 33+"

Exactly my thinking. George at 22 and is so good if it was just a pure youth draft he'd be like top 5 surely.  :o

Weird a lot of the comments are for me, but the votes go for Holz.  :P

I'm just doubtful that Rose will be the same player, given that his play style is explosive, he will have zero confidence for a while.

"Was team 8 trying to recreate the bad boy pistons?"  :P