Current NBA Draft Dynasty

Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FisherSaints

Mat0369

Quote from: Scrads on January 22, 2013, 04:22:42 PM
Was a bit surprised no one took Jeremy Lin...

Way to many turnovers

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 22, 2013, 04:28:05 PM
Without going through it, who took Ray Allen?

I'm not a judge but I will have a look and will give a ladder at the end :D after the judges judge of course!

Agree with gossiboy, age would be the factor with Allen.

Quote from: Holzman on January 22, 2013, 04:36:16 PM
I was half joking, his numbers are great but to me he will always be a joke player. I was a cavs fan and he frustrated me to no end.

He has actually really improved over the last two seasons into a good player. I remember watching him with the Cavs when LeBron was there and thinking how does he get a game. Over the last two seasons however he has grown as a player, just on the wrong side of 30.

Jay

thought we were all doing a write-up to PM to judges?

FisherSaints

Jay

FisherSaints

Also j959 hasn't  been online in 4 days what do you guys think

gossiboy

I'll do a write up when I finish work at 8 and on it to the judges then

Jay

I sent mine to HP, Valk, j959 .... is mat a judge FS?

Mat0369

My Chumps

Seeing as you're not a judge Mat but you clearly know your stuff, who's team do you think's the best?  :)

Mat0369

Quote from: My Chumps on January 22, 2013, 08:57:04 PM
Seeing as you're not a judge Mat but you clearly know your stuff, who's team do you think's the best?  :)

Not sure to be honest. The thing with a dynasty type draft is you never know how players will progress or regress and if their careers will be cut short due to injury. That is why some of the teams that might be strong in the first couple of season might have a glaring weakness in future seasons. Then you need to think about team chemistry, some guys who have all the talent in the world are detrimental to their teams because they are headcases and divas. Then you need a good mix of offense and defense. You can't win in the NBA by just scoring as we have seen in previous years with D'Antoni teams who were all offense and no defense, or a team like the Pacers or 6'ers who play great D but are impotent on the offensive end. Plus the NBA has become a superstar driven league and you need one to win a championship. A team like the Nuggets or the Grizzlies have great depth but no superstars, coming up against the Thunder who have KD and Westrbook, you would pick the Thunder. Based on this logic, teams that lose their superstars early due to age, lose their chance at pretty much competing.

So looking at each teams superstars, it would be KD and Curry (playing like one this season), Rose and LBJ, Holiday and Anthony, Marcz has a bunch of guys who can be considered superstars but based on the ageing process I will list Paul and Kobe, Westbrook and Love, Harden and Bynum, Howard and Wade, Rondo and Aldrige.

There are some good all round squads, but going on the superstar theory, Rose and LBJ would be hard to go past since you have the last two MVP winners (James won 2009 and 2010 as well so the last 4 MVP awards have been split between the two) that will kill teams by driving the ball.

It is still difficult to judge what the chemistry would be like of certain teams, I will use FisherSaints as an example. I don't think Melo and Jrue would work well as a combination. Melo struggled when Lin was in the team because Lin was a ball handling PG. Melo has needed the ball in his hand while with the Knicks to be successful and he needs to be the guy. Jrue has developed into an excellent ball handling PG and that has become a strength of his along with his defense. So you basically need to take away one players strength to cover another players weakness. At the same time in the same team, Melo and Ibaka would work well together since Ibaka is a defense first PF who grabs a ton of boards, does not demand the ball but is able to put up points.

It might be easier to judge them if I was looking at each squad against each squad in a 7 game series and try to pick a winner like that. All I know is I am glad I am not a judge.

valkorum

I appreciate the messages but I will say it now - I did not read any of them.  It would be unfair. 

I have cast my vote in a PM to FS - it was close between 4 teams IMO and 3rd place was decided based on a combo of 2 players.

Jay

Quote from: valkorum on January 23, 2013, 12:50:35 PM
I appreciate the messages but I will say it now - I did not read any of them.  It would be unfair. 

I have cast my vote in a PM to FS - it was close between 4 teams IMO and 3rd place was decided based on a combo of 2 players.
Damn well that was a waste of my time ::) FS told me we had to PM you guys a write-up, so I dont see how it is unfair

Windigo

I didn't bother with a write up. I thought I'll just let my players/picks do the talking.

valkorum

Quote from: Jayman on January 23, 2013, 12:53:38 PM
Quote from: valkorum on January 23, 2013, 12:50:35 PM

Damn well that was a waste of my time ::) FS told me we had to PM you guys a write-up, so I dont see how it is unfair

You just linked your posts - you didnt "write" anything :P

Not everyone had mailed me so it was unfair to make a decision based on the fact that not everyone had the same opportunity.