Current NBA Draft Dynasty

Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 19, 2013, 02:05:48 AM
Quote from: Jayman on January 19, 2013, 01:55:34 AM
yeah but I wasnt looking for a passer. When Bynum is still recovering, I want a similar player a big man who can score with his back to the basket, dominate in the paint and get rebounds. Passing isnt as an important statistic for a big man as points + rebounds are.

If I was you I would have gone for a defensive guy since you have the scoring power in Smith and Bynum and then have a high scoring back court. It does not matter if you put up 18 and 10 every night if you can't play D.
spot on too Mat, balance is an underestimated element in basketball these days eg: Lakers on paper Vs Lakers reality

Mat0369

Quote from: Jayman on January 19, 2013, 02:02:36 AM
The stats that got it over the line for me was Jefferson has had 253 double doubles and Gasol has had 87

Jefferson hasnt had under 30 double doubles in a season since 05-06 ... Gasol has never had more than 30

Depends what kind of player you are looking for. If facilitator then Gasol is obviously superior but if scorer + rebounder then give me Big Al any day

It all depends on structure and if you wanted a scorer, Jefferson is a good option. He is a good player and I am not saying you should have taken Gasol ahead of him. You need to go with team structure, I just think he should have been long gone by now.

Mat0369

Quote from: Marcz on January 19, 2013, 02:08:28 AM
spot on too Mat, balance is an underestimated element in basketball these days eg: Lakers on paper Vs Lakers reality

They were supposed to be champions with their starting 5 but they can't play D and age caught up before the season even began. You need excellent role players and a good D to win games. There are quite a few of those guys left.

Jay

agreed that Gasol should not have slipped this far, for sure!

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 19, 2013, 02:05:48 AM
Quote from: Jayman on January 19, 2013, 01:55:34 AM
yeah but I wasnt looking for a passer. When Bynum is still recovering, I want a similar player a big man who can score with his back to the basket, dominate in the paint and get rebounds. Passing isnt as an important statistic for a big man as points + rebounds are.

If I was you I would have gone for a defensive guy since you have the scoring power in Smith and Bynum and then have a high scoring back court. It does not matter if you put up 18 and 10 every night if you can't play D.
thats a good point Mat but I couldnt let Al slip any further and my next 2 picks are elite defenders... (should they slip)

Mat0369

Quote from: Jayman on January 19, 2013, 02:15:55 AM
thats a good point Mat but I couldnt let Al slip any further and my next 2 picks are elite defenders... (should they slip)

I am pretty sure I know who your next pick is

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 19, 2013, 02:12:34 AM
Quote from: Marcz on January 19, 2013, 02:08:28 AM

They were supposed to be champions with their starting 5 but they can't play D and age caught up before the season even began. You need excellent role players and a good D to win games. There are quite a few of those guys left.
i thought they would take time to gel but i didnt think they would be this bad until they hired D'antoni, that was a bonafide cockup ???

i dont think DH12 hangs around after this year either, he doesnt deal well with pressure, should have stayed in Orlando

Jay

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 19, 2013, 02:20:08 AM
Quote from: Jayman on January 19, 2013, 02:15:55 AM

I am pretty sure I know who your next pick is
PM me :P bet ya cant guess both of them :P

Mat0369

Quote from: Marcz on January 19, 2013, 02:22:24 AM
i thought they would take time to gel but i didnt think they would be this bad until they hired D'antoni, that was a bonafide cockup ???

i dont think DH12 hangs around after this year either, he doesnt deal well with pressure, should have stayed in Orlando

The fact the hired a guy who can't coach D to coach a team who had none?

D12 wants to play in one of the big cities. He is in LA now, but they are screwed unless Love leaves Minny and comes to play next to him since they gave away all their picks.

Mat0369

gossiboy

Marc Gasol the most technically skilled big man in the league, no question about it but couldn't take him because he doesn't fit in my 25 and under age bracket.

RiOtChEsS

haha thats a mean team up, i actually had those two pieces together in the last one of these drafts we did on here... D12 and KL42

Mat0369

Quote from: Marcz on January 19, 2013, 02:33:30 AM
haha thats a mean team up, i actually had those two pieces together in the last one of these drafts we did on here... D12 and KL42

Two of the best rebounders in the league.

gossiboy

The Mavs will make a huge (successful) play for D12 so he can move to a relatively small market (compared to the Lakers) where the pressure won't be as intense leaving the Lakers without a truly dominant centre for the first time in decades.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 19, 2013, 02:40:33 AM
Quote from: Marcz on January 19, 2013, 02:33:30 AM

Two of the best rebounders in the league.
their skill sets r such an intriguing marriage, D12's D covers Loves lack of, Loves 3pt range opens up space for D12 in the post...

Quote from: gossiboy on January 19, 2013, 02:51:59 AM
The Mavs will make a huge (successful) play for D12 so he can move to a relatively small market (compared to the Lakers) where the pressure won't be as intense leaving the Lakers without a truly dominant centre for the first time in decades.
tbh i dont think the guy would give u the same answer 7 days in the week, he doesnt know what he wants, ino he is from Dallas but the Mavs have very little in the way of talent to go with him...

FisherSaints

I pick Harrison Barnes.

PG. Jrue Holiday
SG. Bradley Beal
SF. Carmelo Anthony
PF. Serge Ibaka
C. David Lee
6th. Damian Lillard
7th.
8th. Harrison Barnes
9th. Paul Millsap
10th.