Current NBA Draft Dynasty

Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Windigo on January 16, 2013, 10:57:45 PM
I'd say Kyrie ATM, would like to see another healthy season from Wall to better judge them both.
fair statement Windi. My main point is that I would rather build a dynasty around Wall than Irving due to there being no other player like Wall, his higher ceiling due to his skillset + athleticism and I see Irving similar to the likes of Paul, Holliday and Lillard.

Windigo

Fair call... We will come back to this in 5 years time.  :P

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 16, 2013, 10:50:15 PM
State that it is who would you rather build around over the next 7 years, Marcz
Kyrie... Playoff basketball isnt won by flashy teams its won in the trenches, half court basketball and team defense, Kyrie is a triple threat, he gives me an accurate shooter that by default has the ball in his hands a lot of the time and in the clutch, defenses have to respect that, John's jump shooting %'s arent good for a primary ball handler and that scares me as it makes him predictable and only a double threat, Wall is giving me things id want in a SF and he doesnt give me all i want in a PG, dont get me wrong here Wall is a tremendous talent but i cant ever see him winning a ring, he needs a mediocre team to have those big stat stuffing lines, It really is an easy choice for me based on my basketball philosphy, ur PG needs to be an efficient scorer with 3PT range, not a dominant scorer but an efficient one to go along with all the skills.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Marcz on January 16, 2013, 11:09:06 PM
Quote from: Jayman on January 16, 2013, 10:50:15 PM
State that it is who would you rather build around over the next 7 years, Marcz
Kyrie... Playoff basketball isnt won by flashy teams its won in the trenches, half court basketball and team defense, Kyrie is a triple threat, he gives me an accurate shooter that by default has the ball in his hands a lot of the time and in the clutch, defenses have to respect that, John's jump shooting %'s arent good for a primary ball handler and that scares me as it makes him predictable and only a double threat, Wall is giving me things id want in a SF and he doesnt give me all i want in a PG, dont get me wrong here Wall is a tremendous talent but i cant ever see him winning a ring, he needs a mediocre team to have those big stat stuffing lines, It really is an easy choice for me based on my basketball philosphy, ur PG needs to be an efficient scorer with 3PT range, not a dominant scorer but an efficient one to go along with all the skills.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/46/sporting-events/kyrie-irving-vs-john-wall-1289642/
http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-forum/476097-kyrie-irving-vs-john-wall.html

Read Up Young Blood ::) it aint even close...

My Chumps

Quote from: Windigo on January 16, 2013, 11:04:18 PM
I'd be happy with players that are 27 or 28 on my bench.
Again curious, when do people think players are out of their prime?

gossiboy

Quote from: My Chumps on January 16, 2013, 11:15:29 PM
Quote from: Windigo on January 16, 2013, 11:04:18 PM
I'd be happy with players that are 27 or 28 on my bench.
Again curious, when do people think players are out of their prime?

Depends on who the player is. Kobe for example his prime seems to stretch from 22-40 whereas most players primes endure 3-5 years

Jay

If you think im changing my opinion to suit others then you are wrong. No it is not me be being stubborn it is me being entitled to an opinion

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 16, 2013, 11:31:44 PM
If you think im changing my opinion to suit others then you are wrong. No it is not me be being stubborn it is me being entitled to an opinion
as i said before diversity of opinion is what makes this site great, im not trying to make u cave or change ur opinion "Young Blood" just trying best articulate why i believe what i do, for me the value is in "teaching the man to fish" matters little to me whether or not he ever goes fishing again...

Also as a tribute to Kyrie can i call u "Young Blood" now Jayman :D

Jay

Only if I can call you Uncle Drew? 8)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 16, 2013, 11:58:27 PM
Haha deal, ive got just about as many grey's  ;D

My Chumps

Hahaha, gotta love Uncle Drew...

Jay

Quote from: Marcz on January 17, 2013, 12:00:47 AM
and your 3-ball is just as smooth? ;D

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 17, 2013, 12:08:34 AM
Quote from: Marcz on January 17, 2013, 12:00:47 AM
and your 3-ball is just as smooth? ;D
;D ;D ;D

Scrads

I will finish off my starting team with Monta Ellis, and begin my bench with Al Horford (had to have at least one ATL player haha) :)

Jay

Quote from: Scrads on January 17, 2013, 02:16:03 AM
I will finish off my starting team with Monta Ellis, and begin my bench with Al Horford (had to have at least one ATL player haha) :)
sigh I was going to get Horford next, already had a write-up done :(