Quote from: Marcz on January 14, 2013, 01:45:57 PM
Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 01:44:21 PM
Where's Gossiboy? I'm keen to pick ;)

About 3-4 names I'm tossing up between

I PM'd him

He is halting progress here.  :P

Hm, can't decide if I want K.D at SF or PF. Gimme till my next pick.  :P

gossiboy

Very sorry boys didn't realise we'd started. give me 2 minutes and I'll make my pick.

gossiboy

Okay with the 5th pick in the draft I'm going to take the best power forward in the league who just so happens to be the best rebounder in the league and a good 3 point shooter and still reasonably young. Averaging 18.3 ppg and 14 rebounds I take:

Kevin Love.

Holz

Quote from: gossiboy on January 14, 2013, 03:57:48 PM
Okay with the 5th pick in the draft I'm going to take the best power forward in the league who just so happens to be the best rebounder in the league and a good 3 point shooter and still reasonably young. Averaging 18.3 ppg and 14 rebounds I take:

Kevin Love.

unexpected pick but he is a gun.

Jay

No probs Gossi, great pick :)

Now there is an obvious pick but I am just going to enjoy building a team and not going for the win necessarily...

I rank this guy the best C in the league when fit. I admit he is injury prone but he will get over the knee problems eventually and show everyone how good he really is. Give the ball to him in the post and it's 2 points most times and if they foul him? Well he will actually knock down the FT's - he shoots 70% from the line unlike his other centre competitors.

Last year he had his best ever season averaging 19ppg at 56% shooting, 12rpg and 2 blocks a game! Being a go-to-guy that can perform in the clutch at just age 24 watch out uguys.

Yes it is 2-time NBA champion... Andrew Bynum

tbagrocks

Gee big call J, I know which big man i'd be picking first :-X

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 04:36:45 PM
Let me guess he can't shoot above 60% from the line and goes missing in the clutch ???

tbagrocks

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 04:41:29 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 04:36:45 PM
Let me guess he can't shoot above 60% from the line and goes missing in the clutch ???
No he's backup ;D

gossiboy

Quote from: Holzman on January 14, 2013, 04:13:13 PM
Quote from: gossiboy on January 14, 2013, 03:57:48 PM

Kevin Love.

unexpected pick but he is a gun.

Yeah wanted to snap him up early because I didn't thnk he'd be there at pick 12. Like I said still young at 24 and a low-profile superstar so hopefully there won't be any clashing ego's on my team.

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 04:28:05 PM
No probs Gossi, great pick :)

Now there is an obvious pick but I am just going to enjoy building a team and not going for the win necessarily...

I rank this guy the best C in the league when fit. I admit he is injury prone but he will get over the knee problems eventually and show everyone how good he really is. Give the ball to him in the post and it's 2 points most times and if they foul him? Well he will actually knock down the FT's - he shoots 70% from the line unlike his other centre competitors.

Last year he had his best ever season averaging 19ppg at 56% shooting, 12rpg and 2 blocks a game! Being a go-to-guy that can perform in the clutch at just age 24 watch out uguys.

Yes it is 2-time NBA champion... Andrew Bynum

Interesting pick jayman, has unlimited potential and I can't wait to see what he does as the number 1 man in philly. You've gotta stop him from shooting the occasional 3 though.

Jay

Yeah it is a bit of a left-field pick hey Gossi! But it pays to think outside the square some times :)

RiOtChEsS

Was a good pick imo Gossiboy, i rate him highly, defense isnt great but everything else is really good and a cornerstone for dynasty

w0w Jayman, didnt expect that from u, he has never played 82 :-X

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2013, 06:27:06 PM
I was expecting TBH, still would have picked . There is no sign of Bynum returning in the near future is there?  ???

no names ;D

and no only no swelling in his knees and a bit of treddy running

FisherSaints

Windi can you delete that comment, unnamed player

Jay

Bynum is the best traditional centre in the game, with a flawless back to the basket game. D12 is like an over-sized PF IMO

Even Shaq said Bynum > D12

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 06:32:07 PM
Bynum is the best traditional centre in the game, with a flawless back to the basket game. D12 is like an over-sized PF IMO

Even Shaq said Bynum > D12

not arguing he isnt good, just odd u would start a dynasty with a guy who shoots a higher ft% than his % of possible games played