Current NBA Draft Dynasty

Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Just trying to work out how these teams are being judged

Is it in terms of how they are playing right now? Or current players in their primes?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 04:12:29 AM
Just trying to work out how these teams are being judged

Is it in terms of how they are playing right now? Or current players in their primes?
As it's a Dynasty sort of draft, I assume it'll be going on who would win the most Rings over the course of say 5-6 seasons. That could mean some teams go for earlier glory (first 2-3 seasons) while others may go for later glory (last 2-3 seasons) which makes judging somewhat biased to personal opinions. Don't mind Judges making their call, but also a poll in say the Front Bar asking people on their opinions, although some will only go on the names they know (which is a bias in other drafts with casual followers choosing the players they know over better players who are less noticed). So basically how they will go right now and in the near future.

FisherSaints

Difficult pick now, should I go defence should I go offence well I'm going to pick... Carmelo Anthony and Scrads you an play

RiOtChEsS

QuoteSince 1946 only 4 players have averaged at least 16 points, nine assists and two steals per game, while shooting 47 percent. John Stockton 4 times, Chris Paul 4 times, while Tim Hardaway and Mark Price have done it once.

If we narrow that down a bit further and only include seasons on that list with an assist-to-turnover ratio of at least 3:1, we drop down to seven times, knocking out Price, Hardaway and one of Stockton's seasons.

Paul is playing at a historic pace at this point in his career, and if he keeps it up
he could end up carving out a place for himself in the history books as one of the greatest point guards of all-time.

FisherSaints

Windigo

So I'm going to assume you can't pick injured players like Rose?  ???

Jay

Is there a rule to stop unpicked players being mentioned, FS?

Well considering this is a comp to try and get the most 'championships' in 5-6 years then Id say he is available Windi, just wont be as explosive as used to be I guess lol

Windigo

Will never be the same player is what I'm thinking.  :-\

-Actually think pick one could be my downfall, pick 16 next.  :P

Fishersaints isn't Durant more of a Small Forward that plays Power Forward sometimes?  ???

Holz

Quote from: Marcz on January 14, 2013, 11:03:44 AM

QuoteSince 1946 only 4 players have averaged at least 16 points, nine assists and two steals per game, while shooting 47 percent. John Stockton 4 times, Chris Paul 4 times, while Tim Hardaway and Mark Price have done it once.

If we narrow that down a bit further and only include seasons on that list with an assist-to-turnover ratio of at least 3:1, we drop down to seven times, knocking out Price, Hardaway and one of Stockton's seasons.

Paul is playing at a historic pace at this point in his career, and if he keeps it up
he could end up carving out a place for himself in the history books as one of the greatest point guards of all-time.

Top pick marcz I was thinking him at 2 as in my opinion he is clearly the best PG in the league.

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on January 14, 2013, 12:21:03 PM

Top pick marcz I was thinking him at 2 as in my opinion he is clearly the best PG in the league.
debatable...  ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 12:25:58 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 14, 2013, 12:21:03 PM

debatable...  ;)
always is when opinions r involved :P Cheers Holz 8)

and yes players who havent been selected need to be  :-X

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2013, 12:15:22 PM

Fishersaints isn't Durant more of a Small Forward that plays Power Forward sometimes?  ???

The Coach should select the position the player is playing in eg: LeBron plays 1 thru to 4 in reality so could be picked accordingly...

When u pick u "should" be looking at how ur players fit together, thats a big part of how it will be judged imo

FisherSaints

Lets make it when you pick them tell me where you want the player to play. And no unnamed players are to be mentioned

Jay

Where's Gossiboy? I'm keen to pick ;)

About 3-4 names I'm tossing up between

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 01:44:21 PM
Where's Gossiboy? I'm keen to pick ;)

About 3-4 names I'm tossing up between

I PM'd him

Holz

Quote from: FisherSaints on January 14, 2013, 01:40:38 PM
Lets make it when you pick them tell me where you want the player to play. And no unnamed players are to be mentioned

I would like to hold of on putting james in a postion at the moment. As you said i can play him anywhere but C, so i need to see who is avilable for my 2nd and 3rd pick. As im not sure if i will play him as point forward or a a pure small forward.