Current NBA Draft Dynasty

Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on January 14, 2013, 07:49:52 PM
Quote from: FisherSaints on January 14, 2013, 07:33:43 PM
Not sure about injuries

FS it should just be as close to it is in real life. So if you pick a player currently injured than they will have to judge him as a currently injured player and than they will have to estiamte how good they will be if/when they return and how long it will take.

e.g. If this was AFL and someone picked mark Lecras last year you would say he obvisouly couldnt help at all last year and you would have to guess how good he will be when he comes back this year.
well if I knew this I may not have taken Bynum...

Holz

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 07:57:10 PM
Not sure about injuries

FS it should just be as close to it is in real life. So if you pick a player currently injured than they will have to judge him as a currently injured player and than they will have to estiamte how good they will be if/when they return and how long it will take.

e.g. If this was AFL and someone picked mark Lecras last year you would say he obvisouly couldnt help at all last year and you would have to guess how good he will be when he comes back this year.

still a good pickup even with his injury risk. your right if he can get over the injury concerns than he should be the best centre in the league.

Scrads

Sorry for the hold up guys.

I will take Tyson Chandler and  Rajon Rondo.

Jay

Quote from: Scrads on January 14, 2013, 08:06:56 PM
Sorry for the hold up guys.

I will take Tyson Chandler and  Rajon Rondo.
Arghhhh nooooooooooooo Scrads :'( Thats just cruel...

My Chumps

And I'll take a gun. Perhaps this pick is a little left field, but he's a gun. Set to be one of the greatest point guards of all time, Kyrie Irving.
At just twenty years of age and in just his second year in the NBA, Kyrie averages 23 PPG and 5.6 Assists (which I'm sure would improve in a better team). For whatever timespan this dynasty is set over, Kyrie will dominate from now till the end of it.

And did I mention he was born in Australia? :D

Team so far:
C: D12
PF:
SF:
SG:
PG: Kyrie Irving

Windigo

Holz

Quote from: My Chumps on January 14, 2013, 08:23:34 PM
And I'll take a gun. Perhaps this pick is a little left field, but he's a gun. Set to be one of the greatest point guards of all time, Kyrie Irving.
At just twenty years of age and in just his second year in the NBA, Kyrie averages 23 PPG and 5.6 Assists (which I'm sure would improve in a better team). For whatever timespan this dynasty is set over, Kyrie will dominate from now till the end of it.

And did I mention he was born in Australia? :
Team so far:
C: D12
PF:
SF:
SG:
PG: Kyrie Irving

Not left field at all he was my number 2 pick. You and scrads both have the most important positions locked down

Windigo

FisherSaints

Jay

This is a real tough one. Give me a minute

tbagrocks

Jay

My 2nd pick was a tough one with the likes of Rondo + Irving going before it >:( however I think I have found a player that in all honesty outshines both of them.

Since being freed from the bench of OKC the reigning 6th man of the year has flourished in his starting role at Houston, he is carrying that team with 27ppg 5apg 4rpg. Those are unbelievable stats for a 23 year old, hell I would have picked him if he was 28 just on those stats alone!

To form a lethal pairing with Bynum, all I can say is fear the beard because there is no guardin' James Harden

Windigo

Hm, he was going to be my selection. Was being optimistic that he would get to pick 16 though.  ::)

j959

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 07:57:10 PM
Not sure about injuries

well that's why I thought I'd interrupt your draft a little just to clarify ...

it seems you have the starts of a 'majority' view (at least on the injury-side of things)??
just have to work out your time-frame??

Jay

7 year time-frame I think :)

Injuries is the tough one. Although I picked Bynum on the basis of I think he will be the best centre for the next 5 years. So this season isn't too large in the scheme of things as long as you judges realise how good he will be ;)