Current NBA Draft Dynasty

Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gossiboy

Bynum is a more traditional bruising back-to-basket centre who loves working his man over in low block just as shaq did better than anybody else to play the game whereas D12 plays more in the European centre mould where his game is very much based on running pick and roll's.

Shaq did say he'd take Bynum as he strongly believes a centre should be first and foremost a post-up guy and D12 is more like, as Jayman said, "an over-sized PF".

In the end it all comes down to personal preference.

Quote from: Marcz on January 14, 2013, 06:21:49 PM
Was a good pick imo Gossiboy, i rate him highly, defense isnt great but everything else is really good and a cornerstone for dynasty

Cheers, i figured that of all the guys left I'd build my dynasty around K. Love and the guy who i've got lined up for my next pick, hoping he's still there at 12.

Windigo

At least a D12 fan will get to see his favorite player more often.  :P

gossiboy

Also, does anyone know when MyChumps will be on next? Looking forward to getting this moving along,

tbagrocks

Quote from: Windigo on January 14, 2013, 06:44:47 PM
At least a D12 fan will get to see his favorite player more often.  :P
No I don't have foxtel :-[

Jay

Quote from: Marcz on January 14, 2013, 06:41:21 PM
Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 06:32:07 PM
Bynum is the best traditional centre in the game, with a flawless back to the basket game. D12 is like an over-sized PF IMO

Even Shaq said Bynum > D12

not arguing he isnt good, just odd u would start a dynasty with a guy who shoots a higher ft% than his % of possible games played

im confident he can improve that stat next season and become an MVP candidate as well as  taking Philly to the east finals...

Jay

Quote from: gossiboy on January 14, 2013, 06:41:48 PM
Bynum is a more traditional bruising back-to-basket centre who loves working his man over in low block just as shaq did better than anybody else to play the game whereas D12 plays more in the European centre mould where his game is very much based on running pick and roll's.

Shaq did say he'd take Bynum as he strongly believes a centre should be first and foremost a post-up guy and D12 is more like, as Jayman said, "an over-sizIn the end it all comes down to personal preference
perfectly said Gossi :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 06:51:39 PM
Bynum is the best traditional centre in the game, with a flawless back to the basket game. D12 is like an over-sized PF IMO

not arguing he isnt good, just odd u would start a dynasty with a guy who shoots a higher ft% than his % of possible games played

im confident he can improve that stat next season and become an MVP candidate as well as  taking Philly to the east finals...
if he gets healthy i agree, its just the if i cant buy into atm

FisherSaints

My Chumps   06:02:23 PM   Posting in Current NBA Draft Dynasty.

My Chumps

Damn, was all set to pick Love with my first pick :(
One of my favourites...

But anyway, I'll pick the bloke you've all been discussing and go with Dwight Howard.
4 time All-Defensive player of the year, Dwight will be the anchor of my team.
Averages 20+ points, 14 Rebounds and more than 2 blocks a game?! Man, did not expect him to fall to pick 7.

Team so far:
C: Howard
PF:
SF:
SG:
PG:

Jay

Quote from: Marcz on January 14, 2013, 06:57:15 PM
Quote from: Jayman on January 14, 2013, 06:51:39 PM

if he gets healthy i agree, its just the if i cant buy into atm
yeah its understandable. We shall report back here next year haha

j959

not meaning to interrupt your draft and all but have you guys sorted out:

1) judging criteria? - i know the indication is dynasty but are we talking eg 5-6yrs or 8-10yrs?!?
2) injured players - so I pick D Rose on the basis that he's a returning MVP but not available this season and will likely take time to warm up for 2013/2014 season too ... also unknowns around his actual recovery (fingers crossed!)
3) OOP - like if i'm judging and I don't agree that KD is the pure power forward in the team he's selected in and better at SF, which might put his particular team out of balance against another draft team ... do you see where I'm going, or I'm just confusing the shower out of youse??  ;)

not trying to be difficult, just highlighting that youse should give me and HP (and whoever else is going to be a judge) some criteria to judge by as a guide ... or you're gonna get different sorts of biases for and against ...   ;)

Jay

I think it should be what team will win the most championships over the next 5-6 years.

FisherSaints

RiOtChEsS

u pretty much have it down i rekn J, ur picking the team who will win (based on ur knowledge of basketball) the most championships over X period of time, imo X should be 7yrs to make both strategies pliable...

Holz

Quote from: FisherSaints on January 14, 2013, 07:33:43 PM
Not sure about injuries

FS it should just be as close to it is in real life. So if you pick a player currently injured than they will have to judge him as a currently injured player and than they will have to estiamte how good they will be if/when they return and how long it will take.

e.g. If this was AFL and someone picked mark Lecras last year you would say he obvisouly couldnt help at all last year and you would have to guess how good he will be when he comes back this year.