Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Jay

Good pick for this late. I know Holz was gonna take him next pick

Mat0369

Quote from: Marcz on January 19, 2013, 01:36:29 AM
Marc Gasol ;)

He is one of the two guys I was biting my tongue on after reading who is already gone. Considering good C's are hard to find, very surprised he did not go earlier.

Jay

I considered Gasol for my 6th picked but I dont rate him over Big AL

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on January 19, 2013, 01:37:43 AM
Good pick for this late. I know Holz was gonna take him next pick
was going to take him instead of Brook but thought id need to order it this way to have both

he is going to be my starting C, his all round abilities mesh best with the starting 5

Cheers Mat yeah for what he brings to the table he is exactly what i want in a C, excellent role player allowing others to dominate

RiOtChEsS

if u watch him play Young Blood u may think differently, his passing is top notch, the epitome of team

Mat0369

Gasol and the other guy I was thinking have both be considered top 5 at their position in the last 12 months. Depending what your team needs and how you structure it, both suit certain needs.

Jay

Quote from: Marcz on January 19, 2013, 01:44:12 AM
if u watch him play Young Blood u may think differently, his passing is top notch, the epitome of team
I wanted an 18 and 10 kind of guy to backup Bynum, and thats what Al is. Gasol is not

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 19, 2013, 01:50:13 AM
Gasol and the other guy I was thinking have both be considered top 5 at their position in the last 12 months. Depending what your team needs and how you structure it, both suit certain needs.
i love how he always slips under the radar both in fantasy and these type of drafts...

seriously tho Jayman catch a Memphis game, he and Zbo would have to be the best front court passing tandem atm

Mat0369

Quote from: Jayman on January 19, 2013, 01:50:40 AM
I wanted an 18 and 10 kind of guy to backup Bynum, and thats what Al is. Gasol is not

Gasol is also the 3rd option on that team behind Gay and Z-Bo

Jay

Quote from: Marcz on January 19, 2013, 01:52:23 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on January 19, 2013, 01:50:13 AM
i love how he always slips under the radar both in fantasy and these type of drafts...

seriously tho Jayman catch a Memphis game, he and Zbo would have to be the best front court passing tandem atm
yeah but I wasnt looking for a passer. When Bynum is still recovering, I want a similar player a big man who can score with his back to the basket, dominate in the paint and get rebounds. Passing isnt as an important statistic for a big man as points + rebounds are.

Mat0369

love how he always slips under the radar both in fantasy and these type of drafts...

It is because no one pays attention to the Grizz. They have one of the best starting 5 units in the league.

I actually thought of another guy on a bad team who would be useful depending on how injuries are judged.

Jay

The stats that got it over the line for me was Jefferson has had 253 double doubles and Gasol has had 87

Jefferson hasnt had under 30 double doubles in a season since 05-06 ... Gasol has never had more than 30

Depends what kind of player you are looking for. If facilitator then Gasol is obviously superior but if scorer + rebounder then give me Big Al any day

Mat0369

Quote from: Jayman on January 19, 2013, 01:55:34 AM
yeah but I wasnt looking for a passer. When Bynum is still recovering, I want a similar player a big man who can score with his back to the basket, dominate in the paint and get rebounds. Passing isnt as an important statistic for a big man as points + rebounds are.

If I was you I would have gone for a defensive guy since you have the scoring power in Smith and Bynum and then have a high scoring back court. It does not matter if you put up 18 and 10 every night if you can't play D.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 19, 2013, 01:57:45 AM
love how he always slips under the radar both in fantasy and these type of drafts...

It is because no one pays attention to the Grizz. They have one of the best starting 5 units in the league.

I actually thought of another guy on a bad team who would be useful depending on how injuries are judged.

preaching to choir my friend, apparently Rudy is diva-ing it up atm which is why he is the chip they r looking to move on to get under the luxury tax, if i were "john hollinger" id be looking to move Zbo, but Hollinger is a freak at breaking down basketball so he knows something we dont...

Yeah i get why u picked him Jayman i do and its right for ur team ;) im just a little biased when it comes Bubba Gasol, his game is a real treat to watch, he fills holes and roles that the team needs at the time, its something statistics rarely pick up