Current NBA Draft Dynasty

Started by FisherSaints, January 12, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

If Gordon was fully fit from day 1 this season he could be on Harden's level or higher right now. Superb pick. Leaves the shooting guard-less teams scraping the barrel now ;D

Jayman's Dynasty
PG:
SG: James Harden
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Josh Smith
C: Andrew Bynum

Tell me that's not a ripper team...

gossiboy

Quote from: Jayman on January 15, 2013, 11:08:11 PM
Attention guys, I have my 4th player for the Jayman Dynasty. In all honesty, probably the steal of the draft right here. I thought to myself, what PF would go best with Andrew Bynum and this guy instantly sprung to mind.

Last season this Atlanta PF had per game averages ranking him sixth in points, fifth in rebounds, first in assists, second in steals, third in blocks and fifth in double-doubles out of all PF's. No other power forward in the game can stuff the stat sheet like him. He is by far the most underrated passing big man in the league while also being one of the most active defenders. There is not another power forward in the league that can have the same impact on both ends of the floor.

The best All-Round PF in the game and I got him with my 4th pick. Welcome, Mr. Smooth ... Josh Smith

Great player, was considering taking him as my SF but decided I couldn't have him and Westbrook taking ridiculous shots, I like him more as a Small Forward, want my PF to be grabbing 10+ boards a game.

It's pretty funny that before the 2004 draft Smith was touted as the most talented player who was most likely to fail in the NBA. Nek minnit 24th player in history to record at least 10,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, 2000 assists and 1000 blocks.

Jay

Quote from: Windigo on January 15, 2013, 11:17:59 PM
Both sound picks.  ;)
a sound pick? Cmon Smith was a ripper and you know it haha :P

per game averages rank him sixth in points, fifth in rebounds, first in assists, second in steals, third in blocks and fifth in double-doubles out of all PF's. And thanks to Gossi here is another great stat... 24th player in history to record at least 10,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, 2000 assists and 1000 blocks.

Yeah I already posted most of that ^ but its worth getting out there again because it's extraordinary for this late in the draft ;) lol

gossiboy

Quote from: Jayman on January 15, 2013, 11:18:21 PM
If Gordon was fully fit from day 1 this season he could be on Harden's level or higher right now. Superb pick. Leaves the shooting guard-less teams scraping the barrel now ;D

Jayman's Dynasty
PG:
SG: James Harden
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Josh Smith
C: Andrew Bynum

Tell me that's not a ripper team...

Everyone's teams are looking good at the moment but the Bynum/Smith combo could be lethal passing out to the sniper Harden. Looks like the reserves, as they often are in the NBA, are gonna be hugely important in deciding the best dynasty.

Jay

You raise good points Gossi however Smith as a SF is not one of them, clearly a better PF but I guess there is an argument both ways

I realize he is not an elite rebounder but when you have Bynum he doesn't need to be 8)

Windigo

The center I'm looking at has huge upside and has a nice all round game at such a young age.  8)

Jay

Quote from: Windigo on January 15, 2013, 11:30:06 PM
The center I'm looking at has huge upside and has a nice all round game at such a young age.  8)
Think I know who you are thinking of ;D

Windigo

Quote from: Jayman on January 15, 2013, 11:31:08 PM
Think I know who you are thinking of ;D

Haha, well Marcz is up next then Holz. Don't think either will select him.  8)

Then I'll look at adding a sound PF. As for the bench spots, got an absolute bargain that should slip waaay down.

gossiboy

Oh shower. Pretty sure this is the same guy that I want with my next pick.

Windigo

Quote from: gossiboy on January 15, 2013, 11:35:06 PM

Marcz won't be on till after 11 tonight and I'll probably be offline at that time.

Find out tomorrow!  ;D

Jay

Leave the pick with someone that will be online at 11, Windi? E.g me I have picked both big men and dont have another pick for ages so no danger of me stealing

gossiboy

Quote from: Windigo on January 15, 2013, 11:38:56 PM
Quote from: gossiboy on January 15, 2013, 11:35:06 PM

Marcz won't be on till after 11 tonight and I'll probably be offline at that time.

Find out tomorrow!  ;D

I'll be at the tennis all day tomorrow so won't find out until about 9pm

FisherSaints

Jay

My Chumps

Gordon was the only other I was considering instead of Wade.

Now I regret not getting Gordon :P