Is Rockliff a keeper

Started by basil3134, January 12, 2013, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basil3134

Brisbane now has a better midfield than it had 2 years ago when Redden and Rockliff were shining lights in an otherwise bleak season.  With the re-emergence of Rich, the revelation of Zorko and the arrival of Moloney, surely there is even more temptation to play Rockliff more where the team is at its weakest;  that is their forward line.

nrich102

kilbluff1985

your forgetting one thing

Rockliff is a better mid then any of there current mids, well maybe besides Black

felsty

you wouldnt get him in at his price if he wasnt a keeper

nrich102

shorty3264

He's a keeper. The lions did also recruit Stefan Martin to play forward, a player of Rockliffs class will be playing were he does best. Midfield.

Jroo

Quote from: nrich102 on January 12, 2013, 06:19:49 PM
Quote from: felsty on January 12, 2013, 06:15:46 PM
you wouldnt get him in at his price if he wasnt a keeper
+1
+ 2 no other reason really to bring him in at the start if he isn't going to be a keeper

Ringo

He will be a keeper - For information Rich may be played at HB (he ended last season playing there and may be used in the Drummond role with his long kicking) further enhancing Rockliffe's chances of more mid time.

tbagrocks

What about Redden for SuperCoach Ringo? Quite cheep, have im in DT not so tempted to risk for SC

Ringo

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 11:41:45 PM
What about Redden for SuperCoach Ringo? Quite cheep, have im in DT not so tempted to risk for SC
My only concern with Redden is what will his role be with the introduction of Moloney.  Redden was an inside player last year so will be watching simulated drills and the NAB cup for how he is used. 
Redden very durable has not missed a game in 3 seasons but did not improve his average last year from his break out year the previous year, 

hawkers65

Quote from: Ringo on January 12, 2013, 11:14:45 PM
He will be a keeper - For information Rich may be played at HB (he ended last season playing there and may be used in the Drummond role with his long kicking) further enhancing Rockliffe's chances of more mid time.

Would Rich going down back affect Hanley's scores Ringo?

Lions01

The story from last year was he was carrying a few niggles in the second half of the season, I'd expect him to play most of his time in the midfield with a 5-10 minute breather up forward every quarter where he can prove dangerous.

There definitely are some question marks over our forwards. Bewick came on towards the end of season, McGrath was injured for the second half, we still have Karnezis,Cornelius and Mayes that could push for senior selection up forward. So Rockliff won't be our only option as a mid range forward.

All in all I think he's a safe selection, can see him increasing his average or atleast maintaining his average, bigger risk not having him IMO

strikes91

i really doubt he'll be in the forward line. they've got so many options.

Bewick, Cornelious, Green
Staker, Brown, Martin

with mcgrath, mayes, banfield, karnezis all hanging around, brisbane have a luxary of players at the moment. they're full in every position

Footyrulz

yes. already a premium and will improve further.

Ringo

Quote from: strikes91 on January 13, 2013, 04:18:09 AM
i really doubt he'll be in the forward line. they've got so many options.

Bewick, Cornelious, Green
Staker, Brown, Martin

with mcgrath, mayes, banfield, karnezis all hanging around, brisbane have a luxary of players at the moment. they're full in every position
Do not forget Jordan Lisle as well who played the last few games there as well.