JROO8's Player Watch: Trent Cotchin

Started by Jroo, January 12, 2013, 01:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Trent Cotchin - Midfielder - $622,100 - Richmond

If you're looking for a young premium scoring SuperCoach midfielder for your side, than look no further than Trent Cotchin.

At 22 years old, Cotchin has had a season many 22 year olds can only dream of, taking home his second consecutive best & fairest award, winning the Coaches Association player of the year award and finishing equal second in the Brownlow Medal.

Undoubtedly Cotchin has always been a very talented footballer, but in 2012 everything came together and he had a very good year of football. Cotchin  improved his average from 100 SuperCoach points to a very solid 116 and it should continue to improve in 2013, as he continues to improve and develop as a footballer, which is a scary thought for opposition clubs.

Cotchin took over the Richmond captaincy in the off-season and plenty of young captains have increased there output in there first season as captain and Cotchin should do the same in his first year as the Richmond captain. 

Cotchin is a superb SuperCoach midfield option as he is very consistent, having only three games under 100 SuperCoach points (73, 98, 99) and has a high ceiling, showing this  year with some huge scores of 130, 136, 141, 175, which makes him a viable captain choice.

Cotchin is also one of the very few players that taggers have no affect on whatsoever, so you expect him to play every week. The only thing that is concerning about Cotchin is some players fall away after a big break out year.  But Cotchin is one of the most professional footballers going around and as the Tigers are on the rise, you would expect Cotchin to also be on the rise.

Cotchin's second half of the year was impressive averaging 124 SuperCoach points after his bye, increasing it from 109 SuperCoach points before the bye and this  may be a sign for things to come in 2013 as Cotchin still has improvement left in him.

2013 looms as a big year for Richmond and their captain Trent Cotchin and he is close to a lock in your SuperCoach side as he looks to increase his input from 116 SuperCoach points to 120+.

http://www.supercoachhq.com/16/post/2013/01/player-watch-trent-cotchin.html

kilbluff1985

no reason why he cant push it up to around 125 imo

great write up m8

Jroo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 12, 2013, 01:05:49 AM
no reason why he cant push it up to around 125 imo

great write up m8
I agree and I'm hoping he does. And thanks  :D

Bones Bombers

Nothing to do with SC but I might put a bet on him for the Brownlow.
Would have put money on Jobe at the start of last year but I've never put a bet on in my life. Think it's time to start.
Big fan of Cotch so he's in for me, along with Jobe and Swablett.

CrowsFan

I know you put a lot of work in to that Jroo, but there was already a profile thread on Cotchin. Maybe just post your stats and opinion in that one? No need having two profiles on the same player :)
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68147.0.html

basil3134

Quote from: Bones Bombers on January 12, 2013, 01:41:49 AM
Nothing to do with SC but I might put a bet on him for the Brownlow.
Would have put money on Jobe at the start of last year but I've never put a bet on in my life. Think it's time to start.
Big fan of Cotch so he's in for me, along with Jobe and Swablett.

I am feeling more confident now that he stay as one of my prems now

coolfugitiv0

This man will be the next Ablett in years to come.

AKA perma-captain.

tbagrocks

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on January 12, 2013, 05:09:31 AM

AKA perma-captain.
I can think of two guys his age that averaged higher last season that could always challange for that Captain title!

nrich102

Good write up Jroo, I like those stats,

Keeper27

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 05:16:30 AM
I can think of two guys his age that averaged higher last season that could always challange for that Captain title!

Danger & Beams??

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on January 12, 2013, 05:09:31 AM

AKA perma-captain.

if he continues the way he's going Cotchin will be like the new GAJ.

Jroo

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 12, 2013, 01:44:24 AM
I know you put a lot of work in to that Jroo, but there was already a profile thread on Cotchin. Maybe just post your stats and opinion in that one? No need having two profiles on the same player :)
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68147.0.html
Yep I understand, next time if there is already a player profile of the player I will put it in that thread.