The Trading Rule ~ Does this change your team structure?

Started by essendon2, January 11, 2013, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2013, 05:06:59 PM
I'm looking at something like swapping Ablett to a bolter before Rd 3, say Ebert or Shuey start with tons, something like that, even a Caddy or some youngster looks like doing a Danger/Ebert

See, there you go. That's the type of stuff that's going to make 2013 so interesting.

essendon2

NRoo playing GC first up, scored 136 and 125 against them last year...

Adamant

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 05:17:08 PM

flower, NRoo was my sneaky unique.

Holz

could be a good pick round 1 than trade him out. the thing is though you stil only have 4 trades to set yourself up for round 3. do you want to use one of them chasing points like that?

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 05:25:28 PM

could be a good pick round 1 than trade him out. the thing is though you stil only have 4 trades to set yourself up for round 3. do you want to use one of them chasing points like that?
He plays Richmond and GWS in Round 2 and 3, can offload in round 4 after his price increase !

Nieso FC

Changes my mids significantly.

Out go Uber Premiums and in come underpriced premiums.

You know what comes next ;)

Football Factory

Changes my thinking a little .. these new trade rules make it a simple goal for me .. upgrade my team before anyone else and then worry about sideways trading. So a mix of the Top 6 premo's from each position and the best midpricers and rooks i can find.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Nieso FC on January 11, 2013, 06:22:26 PM

That was my original strategy, now i'm thinking opposite, trade down before rd three to the underpricer who's gunning it

essendon2

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2013, 06:29:04 PM

That was my original strategy, now i'm thinking opposite, trade down before rd three to the underpricer who's gunning it
I'm still going with 5 Gun MIDS, they're the ones who score the most points! It's not all about the $$$

tbagrocks

Maybe but the cheaper one's are often younger one's and can rapidly improve over a pre-season, trick is finding them, think Beams and Cotch last year, who will it be this year? I'm banking on Redden, Murphy and the Dangerman even Fyfe

essendon2

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2013, 06:36:42 PM
Maybe but the cheaper one's are often younger one's and can rapidly improve over a pre-season, trick is finding them, think Beams and Cotch last year, who will it be this year? I'm banking on Redden, Murphy and the Dangerman even Fyfe
Yeah my MID is Swan, Ablett, Watson, Pendles, Redden

Watson and Pendles are renown for their quick-fire starts and Redden has an easy draw, as does Hartlett and NRoo

Football Factory

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 06:30:53 PM

I'm still going with 5 Gun MIDS, they're the ones who score the most points! It's not all about the $$$
Isnt it ? .. im thinking with these new trade rules people will be going nuts with trades to make enough money as they can to upgrade their team as quick as they can .. or is that just me ? A decent score is also necessary from the get go so a mix of Uber Premo's,midpricers and rooks seem like the way to go to me they all make you cash .. anyone agree?

GM

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 11, 2013, 06:39:40 PM

Isnt it ? .. im thinking with these new trade rules people will be going nuts with trades to make enough money as they can to upgrade their team as quick as they can .. or is that just me ? A decent score is also necassary from the get go so a mix of Uber Premo's,midpricers and rooks seem like the way to go to me they all make you cash .. anyone agree?
+1 FF.Im looking at 5 mid premos + Ball

tbagrocks

Agree, need to make as much money as quick as you can, but yeah still need to be within striking distance of the leaders

essendon2

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 11, 2013, 06:39:40 PM

Isnt it ? .. im thinking with these new trade rules people will be going nuts with trades to make enough money as they can to upgrade their team as quick as they can .. or is that just me ? A decent score is also necassary from the get go so a mix of Uber Premo's,midpricers and rooks seem like the way to go to me they all make you cash .. anyone agree?
hmm interesting point...
would you rather Redden + Mayes or Embley + Ball + 70k then