The Trading Rule ~ Does this change your team structure?

Started by essendon2, January 11, 2013, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

I'm just playing around with my team at the moment, but because of the 44 trades I've traded in some players that have easier starts to the season - they are also higher risk players!

I'm going 3 guns in DEF = God, Gibbs, Hartlett (easy start)

6 gun MID = Swan, Ablett, Watson, Pendlebury, Jack - IMO Essendon will start well again, like they have the past 2 seasons! Pendles always starts like a house on fire, and Sydney play GC and GWS in the first 2 Rounds; talk about DT paradise.

3 guns and 1 mid-price = Stevie Jay, Rockliff, Robinson, Martin, Wright - again, Brisbane has an easy draw, IMO Stevie Jay and Robbo will average 100+ and Wright, with the help of an easy draw, has the potential to average 95+!

has it changed your strategy or structure?

timmyparso

Starting team not going to change much, early rounds usually have high trade numbers to catch the rookies playing well that weren't in your starting team. Premiums will not change.

May risk and try unique rookies though and fix in rounds 2-4 if they don't come though without fear of having no trades left at seasons end.

GM

Quote from: timmyparso on January 11, 2013, 04:19:50 PM
Starting team not going to change much, early rounds usually have high trade numbers to catch the rookies playing well that weren't in your starting team. Premiums will not change.

May risk and try unique rookies though and fix in rounds 2-4 if they don't come though without fear of having no trades left at seasons end.
+1.The extra trades will allow you to have multiple rooks in on the bubble before rd 3.

GM

I dont see the ruck dpp link as critical now.
Sandi or Cox with Berger now for me.

SydneyRox

Why wouldn't your starting team alter a little??

Pick the lowest scoring rookies, and a couple of extra guns for the first 2 weeks before prices change

Then, alter your team as needed to get the optimum rookies and balance your team??

timmyparso

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 11, 2013, 04:31:43 PM

Why wouldn't your starting team alter a little??

Pick the lowest scoring rookies, and a couple of extra guns for the first 2 weeks before prices change

Then, alter your team as needed to get the optimum rookies and balance your team??

There is still only so much you can do with 2 trades which is why I'd only shuffle around the rookies in the early rounds. My team is already mostly a Gun/rookie side so there are plenty of rookies to trade with.

Ricochet

It will definitely change my strategy but won't affect my structure too much.
I've already locked away 2 trades after RD2 to fix rookies that were expect to be playing but aren't getting games (2013's Tom Couch).

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on January 11, 2013, 04:42:47 PM
I've already locked away 2 trades after RD2 to fix rookies that were expect to be playing but aren't getting games (2013's Tom Couch).

im planning on 1 trade to downgrade a premium to a rookie to pocket the first price change than trade back the round after.

I want that premium socring in round 1 and 2 and the rookie only round 3.  To gain maybee 50 points early.

Adamant

Hasn't really changed my structure, but my premo's and strategy will be a lot different.

I already had Sandi in there, but he is now 100% locked.

Stanton is also locked with his notorious big starts to the year.

Then I'll look at a few uniques such as Stanley down back and Pav up forward.

essendon2

Quote from: Adamant on January 11, 2013, 04:50:30 PM
Hasn't really changed my structure, but my premo's and strategy will be a lot different.

Hartlett down back too, PA have a really easy start!
Pav's had back surgery during pre-seaosn btw*

SydneyRox

Yeah Sandi looks really good now doesnt he!!

Capper

This could potentially become a great money making idea, better than Sarah Palin's "Print more money" policy.

Before round 3 has started look at you prems and trade to 2 players that are likely to drop the most in price and replace them with players that will make the most money. You could do this the entire year as you now have 2 trades to do with what you want. This will give an advantage to those who have DT gold as all the stats will be there for them to study. For people that dont have DT Gold, they can use m0nty's rollercoaster and bubble boys section.

tbagrocks

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 04:54:17 PM

Hartlett down back too, PA have a really easy start!
Pav's had back surgery during pre-seaosn btw*
Haha sorry had to laugh, nothing will be easy for Port Adelaide :P

But is Hamstrings looks fit he has to be considered

Ricochet

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 04:46:20 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 11, 2013, 04:42:47 PM

im planning on 1 trade to downgrade a premium to a rookie to pocket the first price change than trade back the round after.

I want that premium socring in round 1 and 2 and the rookie only round 3.  To gain maybee 50 points early.
Not a bad plan actually. Would you lose that 50 points you gained over rd1 and rd2 in rd3 tho?
Mid rook = 70-80
Mid prem = 110-130

Ablett gets the Raines tag in RD3
Pendles, Swan, Beams have Hawks (All three score well against Hawks)
Stanton has Freo (career average of 89 against Freo)
Cotchin has Bulldogs (scored 152 against them last year)
Murphy has Cats (scores relatively well against them)

Could definitely work by downgrading Stants or Ablett before rd 3.

tbagrocks

I'm looking at something like swapping Ablettto a bolter before Rd 3, say Ebert or Shuey start with tons, something like that, even a Caddy or some youngster looks like doing a Danger/Ebert