Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 10:57:20 PM
Yeah still a lot of thinking do do FF, sure it's not that easy week in week out
Yeah for sure .. im not complaining but i does make it easier for the noobs

tbagrocks

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 12, 2013, 10:59:22 PM
Imo harder for the tragics, need to find ways to stay near the top while genarating cash asap

Football Factory

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 11:04:30 PM
Imo harder for the tragics, need to find ways to stay near the top while genarating cash asap
Maybe .. im not a fan of change .. i knew what i was doing and now their flowering with me lol

Andrew

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 12, 2013, 11:11:16 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 11:04:30 PM
Maybe .. im not a fan of change .. i knew what i was doing and now their flowering with me lol

Well yeah, up until now I thought we were getting 30 trades. Was that not an official announcement?

tbagrocks

Nah mate that was only ever from SuperCoach

Need to pay much more attention to earning money, BE's and price rises, basically you need Assistant Coach which means

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 13, 2013, 03:05:43 AM

Need to pay much more attention to earning money, BE's and price rises, basically you need Assistant Coach which means

nah http://tooserious.net/  does B/E's don't need assistant coach

tbagrocks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 13, 2013, 03:14:17 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 13, 2013, 03:05:43 AM

nah http://tooserious.net/  does B/E's don't need assistant coach
How accurite are they Bluffman? I like Footywire for my stats but their BE's are usually a little out :-\

kilbluff1985

good question lol i couldn't really tell you as i have never had assistant coach but i used them last season came in handy rather often and seemed pretty accurate usually but yeah i'm not sure if they were or not

Capper

both too serious and footywire are about as accurate as FF. but its usually only a couple if points they are out by

tbagrocks

Lol some muppet on DTtalk thinks DTtalk is by far the best sire for information :o sorry probably an irrelivant post but surely Fan Footy is the best site for information?

It seems as if the DTtalk guys are supporting the rules just to save face and ceep their site looking positive, a bit like whan I challanged Dr DreamTeam when the rules came out about why the game has become a shambles (not these words, but still was funny seing Dr Dream Teams reaction to all the criticism)

Lol the muppet Dr DT was questioning how I said it was ruined, any moron can see it totally changed the game to a complete new game!

Windigo

Anyone remember this last year on Dt Talk:

Use it or Lose it

Each coach has the opportunity to make up to 2 trades every week of the season, and up to 3 trades in the bye rounds. If you don’t use them, too bad. Yes, I realise that this means that a coach can effectively use up to 47 trades in a season, which sounds ludicrous compared to the 24 trades we had this year. This brings me to the next big change:
Significantly Higher Magic Number

This will ensure that even if a coach uses all those trades, they won’t have a complete team by Round 10 of the season. With a higher MN, we’ll have to be very liberal with our cash distribution with our starting squad. We’re already setting up for a Mid-Price resurgence next year, and this would almost guarantee it.

My vision is that with this salary pressure we start the year with 6-7 Premiums, 15-16 Mid-Pricers and 10-12 Rookies, much like the spread of talent at an actual AFL club. This should ensure a high degree of uniqueness between teams, as your Premiums will even be unique as you’ll only be able to afford 1 or 2 in each position to start off the season.

Trading up to a ‘complete’ team will also be much more difficult, with less Cash Cows available (no expansion club this season) and smaller dividends milked from successful Mid-Price improvers.
Desired Result

I believe this would keep both breeds of DTers happy, which in turns makes Virtual Sports happy. We’ll have season-long interest from the casual DTers as they’ll be able to trade every week of the season, rather than losing interest halfway through. Hardcore DTers would now have the ability to make the most of their DT nous with smart trading throughout the season, with the bonus that a bad run with injury won’t derail your entire year. Again, the MBRs will be what separate the boys from the men, but that’s an issue that gets its own conversation.

In essence, I think this will make DT both more enjoyable and more relevant season-long. I instantly perk up at the thought that we’ll spend a fair portion of our time analysing the Mid-Price type players, who at the moment are bordering on insignificance. I feel a rush of joy at the thought that Guns & Rookies won’t be king anymore, and the prospect of going into a League head-to-head match with less than 10 players in common.

Could there be shakes ups to the MN in the next few weeks... :o Or maybe not.  :P

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on January 13, 2013, 12:49:24 PM
Anyone remember this last year on Dt Talk:

Use it or Lose it

Each coach has the opportunity to make up to 2 trades every week of the season, and up to 3 trades in the bye rounds. If you don’t use them, too bad. Yes, I realise that this means that a coach can effectively use up to 47 trades in a season, which sounds ludicrous compared to the 24 trades we had this year. This brings me to the next big change:
Significantly Higher Magic Number

This will ensure that even if a coach uses all those trades, they won’t have a complete team by Round 10 of the season. With a higher MN, we’ll have to be very liberal with our cash distribution with our starting squad. We’re already setting up for a Mid-Price resurgence next year, and this would almost guarantee it.

My vision is that with this salary pressure we start the year with 6-7 Premiums, 15-16 Mid-Pricers and 10-12 Rookies, much like the spread of talent at an actual AFL club. This should ensure a high degree of uniqueness between teams, as your Premiums will even be unique as you’ll only be able to afford 1 or 2 in each position to start off the season.

Trading up to a ‘complete’ team will also be much more difficult, with less Cash Cows available (no expansion club this season) and smaller dividends milked from successful Mid-Price improvers.
Desired Result

I believe this would keep both breeds of DTers happy, which in turns makes Virtual Sports happy. We’ll have season-long interest from the casual DTers as they’ll be able to trade every week of the season, rather than losing interest halfway through. Hardcore DTers would now have the ability to make the most of their DT nous with smart trading throughout the season, with the bonus that a bad run with injury won’t derail your entire year. Again, the MBRs will be what separate the boys from the men, but that’s an issue that gets its own conversation.

In essence, I think this will make DT both more enjoyable and more relevant season-long. I instantly perk up at the thought that we’ll spend a fair portion of our time analysing the Mid-Price type players, who at the moment are bordering on insignificance. I feel a rush of joy at the thought that Guns & Rookies won’t be king anymore, and the prospect of going into a League head-to-head match with less than 10 players in common.

Could there be shakes ups to the MN in the next few weeks... :o Or maybe not.  :P

It has been mentioned  :(  makes the whole year so far a waste of time with all these changes  :(

I could be wrong but if it does go down that track i cant see the casual dreamteamer lasting very long even with 2 trades a week

GM

Surely,they had these changes in mind before releasing the new MN & 2013 team picker.
Lets hope so anyway.

Football Factory

Quote from: greenmoon on January 13, 2013, 02:53:45 PM
Surely,they had these changes in mind before releasing the new MN & 2013 team picker.
Lets hope so anyway.
I hope so, i would be pretty pi.s.sed off if i had the assisstant picker and none of the prices were relevant  :D .. ill deal with the new trade rule .. but i dont want to be messing around with shiploads of Midpricers

Windigo

Can't help but feel that with the re-branding to "AFL Fantasy" there will be more changes, not just to the trade rule.