2013 DT rule changes: 2 trades per week

Started by essendon2, January 11, 2013, 12:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Quote from: nostradamus on January 11, 2013, 04:06:12 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 04:01:47 PM
some interesting things you can do.

Start a 5 premo mid for example just before round 3 you drop them to a rookie. Pocket the 400k in the bank take the hit of maybee 30-40 points than bring them back the round after.

Question is 50k worth 30-40 points and a trade (which value has gone down alot)

another would to be trade premos who are going to take a price hit (eg Swan + Gazz, as they'll likely drop in price early) for ones that are in for a price hike.....effectively double the difference, then trade them back in
DT is turning into a Sharemarket game  :o

nostradamus

One consellation is there will be alot of newbies caught out chasing "fools gold" though. Getting in players a week after they make a good score, and also having knee jerk reactions and disposing of good players after an average game.

owenbond007

I was looking forward to the rolling lockout to be honest. Looks like no double chances for captain every week. The players will be turned even more in to a stock market still plenty of strategy and a lot of number crunching (make the assistant coach even more popular). Will bring mid-pricers into the game even more I think. Guys like hodgey (fallen DT Guns) can easily come into a side make a quick buck and then roll-em back out for fallen elite premo.

Mr.Craig

Re the 44 trades - It's not what you've got but how you use it.

Re the no rolling lockout -

Holz

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 04:09:46 PM

Start a 5 premo mid for example just before round 3 you drop them to a rookie. Pocket the 400k in the bank take the hit of maybee 30-40 points than bring them back the round after.

another would to be trade premos who are going to take a price hit (eg Swan + Gazz, as they'll likely drop in price early) for ones that are in for a price hike.....effectively double the difference, then trade them back in

yep and im starting to like it the more i think about it.

than again i work in stockbroking.

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 04:17:42 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 04:09:46 PM

yep and im starting to like it the more i think about it.

than again i work in stockbroking.
haha lucky you, i'm in year 11, did Savings & Investment as a subject 2 years ago..  ::)

SydneyRox

The first few rounds offer some good opportunity to manipulate the trades you would never have otherwise considered.

but at the end, 2 trades a week, means there still needs to be an overall strategy otherwise you will be burning them without doing anything to the team, then next weeks trades get used to fix the f*ck up

Torpedo10

This is a ploy to get more people in Supercoach & Dreamteam.

jabroni

Quote from: owenbond007 on January 11, 2013, 04:16:08 PM
I was looking forward to the rolling lockout to be honest. Looks like no double chances for captain every week. The players will be turned even more in to a stock market still plenty of strategy and a lot of number crunching (make the assistant coach even more popular). Will bring mid-pricers into the game even more I think. Guys like hodgey (fallen DT Guns) can easily come into a side make a quick buck and then roll-em back out for fallen elite premo.

There you have it. Not only will it attract more hits to the site (seriously cant someone setup dynamic ip bots to refresh dreamteam site every min so their jimmies remain unrustled) but due to the need to predict who will score high each coming week - the AC will become almost a must have to stay ahead of the game which means more $$$

But hey im just cynical

Windigo

Everyone will have the exact same rookies after round 3 id assume ( ???), from there it's how you use the cash from those rookies to premiums.

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on January 11, 2013, 10:31:08 PM
Everyone will have the exact same rookies after round 3 id assume ( ???), from there it's how you use the cash from those rookies to premiums.
and you can't just buy the players that will gain you the most many because they're not going to earn you enough points! It's the players that score just below a premium level that will rise in price, for eg: undervalued players such as Mundy, Fyfe, Murphy, Redden, Pendlebury, Embley, Ball, LeCras, Knights, Josh J. Kennedy and Varcoe!

stew42

Holz

Is it just me or are others just blindly hoping VS do a back flip.

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on January 12, 2013, 02:20:36 AM
Just you ;)

I've completely changed my structure... gone from 5 Guns in the MID, to 3 + 2 Mid-pricers

tbagrocks

Quote from: Holzman on January 12, 2013, 02:20:36 AM
Hoping ::)

Just going to be more work than we want all season, have to look at everything every week to keep up and get the best bargains, not really easier just more complex imo, that does not mean better :P

Also no concequenses for bad picks like me and Zeibell ect, just trade them asap, I actually had Ziebell on the bench with team mate Gibbo playing in the end