2013 DT rule changes: 2 trades per week

Started by essendon2, January 11, 2013, 12:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 01:07:32 PM
there goes my trade hard trade early strategy that gets me a leg up. Still thinking of ways to exploit the new rule.

There will be lots of straight swapping now.
+1
can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing though ?

quinny88

Has the afl stuck there nose into dt or something? There's more knee jerk rule changes in dt than there is in the actual game of afl. Trading wisely and saving trades for finals are2 of the major strategies of dt that separates the best from the rest. Now it's just a matter of trade away as you please with no consequence.. What fun is that?

daz77

DT is ruined. Looks like I will be starting Stanton now.
Absolutely no strategy or risks involved.
Top 1000 is going to be completely different this year.   

Capper

all this 2 trade per week "use it or lose it" will do is make a lot of coaches trades prems in and out of their teams like there is no tomorrow.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tabs on January 11, 2013, 01:54:15 PM
all this 2 trade per week "use it or lose it" will do is make a lot of coaches trades prems in and out of their teams like there is no tomorrow.

yep get in a premium that is playing an easy team

Windigo

Who ever plays Giants next get him in.....Shower, he plays Swans the week after. Out you go after the giants game.  ::)

azza707

Biggest farce in DT history. The only thing separating the good from the average was trading and now look?

Having all these trades also renders DPP useless. (Yes you can still use DPP but the need for DPP players has dropped significantly)

nrich102

Quote from: azza707 on January 11, 2013, 02:14:30 PM
Biggest farce in DT history. The only thing separating the good from the average was trading and now look?

Having all these trades also renders DPP useless. (Yes you can still use DPP but the need for DPP players has dropped significantly)
+1, totally agree with you

jk17

Here's to hoping they backflip on this rule like they did with the rolling lockout. Otherwise, this will be my first year of SC, yep I said it - never thought I would because of the scoring system, but this rule changes everything for me. Well done VS.

tbagrocks

I don't think DT baclflipped on rolling lockout, I think that was only ever for SuperCoach

timmyparso

A lot of rookie coaches lost interest in the game in the second half after using their trades early, guess this is one way to retain more coaches for longer, i.e. more people exposed to the advertising for longer. The more coaches retained at the end of the season the better for the AFL.

If the gap between the good and bad is now reduced because of this then bring it on, it will now take a brilliant coach to get themselves at the top of the leader board now, separate the men from the mice. The only reason to fear this change is because you don't want to lose.

Try harder and stay ahead of the pack!!!!

Just remember that you need more than 2 trades per week to fix a rubbish team

essendon2

I still think the strategy is still there, just in a different way!
a lot of the time, it's not the uber premiums that do well against GWS and GC anyway, so I'm sure there'll be alt of sideways trades that don't gain you anything, then in the same week you might be hit by 1-2 injuries. you'll have to trade the injured players, and keep the player you traded in who's now playing a top 4 side!

Bones Bombers

You're still only gonna have a certain amount of $ to make upgrades.
Sideways trading premos may happen more but I think trading non playing rookies every week will be pretty common.
Need the cash cows to make upgrades to get a full premo team.
There will still be crap coaches.

timmyparso

Quote from: Bones Bombers on January 11, 2013, 03:04:16 PM
You're still only gonna have a certain amount of $ to make upgrades.
Sideways trading premos may happen more but I think trading non playing rookies every week will be pretty common.
Need the cash cows to make upgrades to get a full premo team.
There will still be crap coaches.

Agree, cash cows will always be better value trades than sideways

Justin Bieber

Rolling Lockout was my way of winning money :( lol.