2013 DT rule changes: 2 trades per week

Started by essendon2, January 11, 2013, 12:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

We now have 44 trades, but here's the game changer, we will have 2 trades per week, use them or lose them.
for example: if you don't trade after round 1, you won't still have 44 trades left, you'll have 42.

so no matter how many trades you use, you'll always have the same amount as the person next to you!

oh and 1 more thing: DT have scrapped the Rolling Lockout

timmyparso

That can't be right or no one will have any trades after round 15!!!! (2 x 15 rounds = 30 trades)!!!!!

essendon2

Quote from: timmyparso on January 11, 2013, 12:51:27 PM
That can't be right or no one will have any trades after round 15!!!! (2 x 15 rounds = 30 trades)!!!!!
We get 44* trades!

I take back what I said, for the people who usually run out of trades, this is a good thing

GM

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 12:47:11 PM
We still have 30 trades, but here's the game changer, we will have 2 trades per week, use them or lose them.
for example: if you don't trade after round 1, you won't still have 30 trades left, you'll have 28.

IMO - worst thing to ever happen to DT
2 trades available every week,use them or lose them.

kilbluff1985

DT don't still have 30 trades, DT has 2 per week no limit otherwise

SC still has 30 trades

tbagrocks

two trades "every" week, 44 trades, ruind the game, now it's a new game

GM

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 12:52:43 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on January 11, 2013, 12:51:27 PM
We get 46 trades!

I take back what I said, for the people who usually run out of trades, this is a good thing
44 mate starts rd2

essendon2

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2013, 12:54:31 PM
two trades "every" week, 44 trades, ruind the game, now it's a new game
hmm I thought that it's ruined DT initially, but I usually get hit by injuries and it's a bonus! the strategy is still there, the scores will be higher and the teams will be better!

T Dog

so everyone has 2 trades in bye weeks and in finals regardless... :-\

valkorum

I really like the no rolling lockout - that was the worst idea ever.

Interesting to see how the 2 trades per week goes.  It will definitely make league play more interesting.

timmyparso

And no rolling lock outs, teams locked at first bounce

Kellogscrunchynut

Awful rule, lack of rolling lockout is good though.

essendon2

Quote from: valkorum on January 11, 2013, 01:02:08 PM
I really like the no rolling lockout - that was the worst idea ever.

Interesting to see how the 2 trades per week goes.  It will definitely make league play more interesting.
it also means that we can afford to take more risks - high risk / high rewards on players such as Sandi, Cloke, Hartlett, Broughton, Pearce, Wright and Stanley

Holz

there goes my trade hard trade early strategy that gets me a leg up. Still thinking of ways to exploit the new rule.

There will be lots of straight swapping now.

GM

I dont think i need the ruck dpp link cover anymore.
Cop a LTI then trade them out!