2013 DT rule changes: 2 trades per week

Started by essendon2, January 11, 2013, 12:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 02:30:34 AM
Quote from: Holzman on January 12, 2013, 02:20:36 AM
Is it just me or are others just blindly hoping VS do a back flip.
Hoping ::)

Just going to be more work than we want all season, have to look at everything every week to keep up and get the best bargains, not really easier just more complex imo, that does not mean better :P

Also no concequenses for bad picks like me and Zeibell ect, just trade them asap, I actually had Ziebell on the bench with team mate Gibbo playing in the end
I think the way to go is starting with undervalued players that are going to earn you more that $$$ that's going to help upgrade Embley + Ball to uber premiums quicker than the coaches with just Guns/Rooks

Andrew

Quote from: Holzman on January 12, 2013, 02:20:36 AM
Is it just me or are others just blindly hoping VS do a back flip.

Nope, me too. I was really looking forward to the game with 30 trades, thought that would be a good number for the nuffies who like to burn (are they so mathematically challenged they can't resist 2 trades every week?), and a good number for those who want to save (it was looking good to retain trades to a situation where you could use 2 a week).

Now, it's a different game. All the planning done thus far by everyone may as well go out the window. When will we know for sure what the damn rules are?!

egosbar

its a bloody terrible rule and one that obviously they havent put a lot of thought into , every team will be the same , someone killing it he comes into your side for a swap no problem no wondering if you should trade or keep trades the reward is always there and the risk is nil

take my side i have cox in the forward line with dpp rookie for a safety ruck if needed , now i just get rid of cox and get buddy and drop both my bench ruckman to 89k players why do i need them

i think everyone on this site should get a petition going to the mods SO AGAINST THIS RULE DONT DO IT DT

tbagrocks

ust remember there is a full lockout so you need a playing sub incase of late outs

tbagrocks

The spud that may have been involved in this rubbish changes actually posted all his thinking on changes back in september on DTtalk, the post then went around twitter!

His name is Nix and he posted this at DTtalk

He decided to out himself and re-post at 9.30pm last night
http://dreamteamtalk.com/2013/01/11/game-changer-trade-addiction/

;)

Justin Bieber

The reason why they did it, was for occasional players to make trades every week without any strat. Usually players would use two trades per week andteybrun out after 10 or 12 rounds. So ths allowed the casual player and players who do not strategise to still come online every week.

Andrew

Quote from: egosbar on January 12, 2013, 09:46:56 AM
i think everyone on this site should get a petition going to the mods SO AGAINST THIS RULE DONT DO IT DT

+1

nrich102

timmyparso

Talk about over reaction!!!!!! It's still only 2 trades per week. You''ll cop injuries and suspensions and you''ll be better off with the trades without fear of destroying you strategy. Trade burners  typically didn't use their trades wisely anyway, dud coaches will still be duds.

Just accept the rule and prove that you''re still better than the pack. The only reasons to fear this rule change is if you don't thankyou are good enough.

The bad coaches will fail, you still have 8 weeks to prepare and kick their buts. Only the best will win!!!!

nrich102

Quote from: timmyparso on January 12, 2013, 10:31:26 PM
Talk about over reaction!!!!!! It's still only 2 trades per week. You''ll cop injuries and suspensions and you''ll be better off with the trades without fear of destroying you strategy. Trade burners  typically didn't use their trades wisely anyway, dud coaches will still be duds.

Just accept the rule and prove that you''re still better than the pack. The only reasons to fear this rule change is if you don't thankyou are good enough.

The bad coaches will fail, you still have 8 weeks to prepare and kick their buts. Only the best will win!!!!
Your missing the point. Having a limited amount of trades makes it hard which makes it fun. Babies will be able to do this.

tbagrocks

It's not an over reaction because it's a whole new game, it's nothing like the former game now! You have to be swapping rookies for rookies looking for the biggest price rises every week, it is no longer about sitting on your fattening cows, if you do that you will be far behind the leaders

timmyparso

Quote from: nrich102 on January 12, 2013, 10:33:52 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on January 12, 2013, 10:31:26 PM

Your missing the point. Having a limited amount of trades makes it hard which makes it fun. Babies will be able to do this.

I'm not missing the point. You want it hard to make it fun??? Everyone is complaining the new rule makes it too hard as they believe the gap between good and bad will decrease, if this is the case you will have more fun!!!!

Baby/spud/clueless coaches will always have rubbish non-competitive teams, by the time they trade their way out they''ll be so far behind they become irrelevant.

The only change I see is that there will be closer competition at the top which makes it real hard and if you slacken off or make a wrong move you too will be left behind. I accept this challenge and will be ready come round 1.

Football Factory

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 10:38:34 PM
It's not an over reaction because it's a whole new game, it's nothing like the former game now! You have to be swapping rookies for rookies looking for the biggest price rises every week, it is no longer about sitting on your fattening cows, if you do that you will be far behind the leaders
Im going to disagree with that buddy .. theres not thousands of rooks to make money off so it will pretty much be same as usual you will need to hang onto them for a while to make cash then put the bubble rooks in. It will help the noobs because they can start fixing the problems in their teams straight away. They can fix their rooks and sideways trade failed premo's which will benefit the players who dont make good starting line-ups.

timmyparso

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 10:38:34 PM

New rules, new game, new challenge, same footy, BRING IT ON!!!!!!

tbagrocks

Yeah still a lot of thinking do do FF, sure it's not that easy week in week out