Main Menu

old school dt league

Started by Holz, January 11, 2013, 11:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 03:05:51 PM
Quote from: T Dog on January 11, 2013, 03:02:39 PM
If any space sign me up Holz  8)

plenty of space just looking at interest at the moment, than need to talk to some people asbout setting it up. It will be a big thing to organise so only worth it if people are really interested in it.

Will involve as much time on peoaples behalfs as their real DT and SC.

Its a lifestyle Holz..not an addiction..nonononono...lol.. ;D

tbagrocks

An idea, actually kake a DT league but just limit the trading to the 22 and make it illegal to use more trades! That way you'd still be able to trade properly, wouldn't have to do massive write ups, it's all there at DT, just limit the trading ;D

Of course people will have to create another account but it wouldn't be cheating because it would be just for the purpose of the old school ff comp

Holz

probably wont be feasible but im looking into running it from excell.

Maybee we just run a few ultimate teams which would mean drafting which is not what i wanted. But is a backup.

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 11, 2013, 03:14:52 PM
An idea, actually kake a DT league but just limit the trading to the 22 and make it illegal to use more trades! That way you'd still be able to trade properly, wouldn't have to do massive write ups, it's all there at DT, just limit the trading ;D

Of course people will have to create another account but it wouldn't be cheating because it would be just for the purpose of the old school ff comp

hahah i knew there was an easy solution yes that works and thats easy to run. Would have to give up the 7 6 2 7 strucutre idea though.

Basically all i would do is get all the scores and run a overall ranking thing. I may also do i think like the elxam with different leagues not sure.

GM

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 03:27:19 PM

hahah i knew there was an easy solution yes that works and thats easy to run. Would have to give up the 7 6 2 7 strucutre idea though.

Basically all i would do is get all the scores and run a overall ranking thing. I may also do i think like the elxam with different leagues not sure.
Maybe a small hiccup is the way they allocate trades.ie they prob will show 2 to use each week instead of 44 to go.
so each team would need monitoring so they keep to the 20 allowed.

Holz

Quote from: greenmoon on January 11, 2013, 03:37:18 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 03:27:19 PM

Maybe a small hiccup is the way they allocate trades.ie they prob will show 2 to use each week instead of 44 to go.
so each team would need monitoring so they keep to the 20 allowed.

yeah, I dont mind running things if enough people show interest. The old strucutre would be good but this is a much much easier solution.

Holz

Im thinking yeah we just ue the DT site but we have a limit of 20 or 24 trades. Will be really interesting to see the difference in the old school DT and that of the 44 trade teams.

I will start both with my same setup and see how they change.

It all depends on how many people show interest in this idea. Essentially it would require people to put in as much effort to the normal DT and SC so not sure if people are interested in doing that but it would be good.

At the minimum i want to get a league going if we can get more thats even better. 

Justin Bieber

Hmm to win, I would like to use as many trades as possible. To participate, I'll have to use a second team... :/

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on January 12, 2013, 03:00:03 AM
Hmm to win, I would like to use as many trades as possible. To participate, I'll have to use a second team... :/
Yeah but it's not really a second team as we arn't competing in the AFL Fantasy comp, we are just using it to make a propper DreamTeam league ;D so it doesn't count as a second team in the comp, anyway VS screwd us over so screw them we'll cheat if we want to if that's what it takes to make a propper comp!

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on January 12, 2013, 03:00:03 AM

thats what im going to do. It will also be a learning experience for me if they keep the rules for 2014, so you can see the difference in the 2 teams. I can understand if people dont want to do this though.

picker_man

C'mon Tbag sign up instead of thinking like I always say you know everything...... Put your money where your mouth is for once  ay?? :P

Great idea btw Holz :)

tbagrocks

Yeh it is a pitty I can't play the old game this year properly as last year started disasterously, I was still learning the game, wanted a chance to see how much I actually learnt ;D

Well we can still in SC but 30 trades is still pretty easy

finished 17 500 last year in DT, also traded Ablett to Ziebell :P

I'll play this game sure :D

picker_man

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 03:18:37 AM
Yeh it is a pitty I can't play the old game this year properly as last year started disasterously, I was still learning the game, wanted a chance to see how much I actually learnt ;D

Well we can still in SC but 30 trades is still pretty easy

finished 17 500 last year in DT, also traded Ablett to Ziebell :P

I'll play this game sure :D

Sweet I wanna smash you in something :P haha

I wish we were rivals in AXV :(