Andrew Embley, West Coast Eagles Best 22 and opinion seeking?

Started by eaglesman, January 10, 2013, 08:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

I am a pretty passionate Eagles fan and like to think I know the team inside and out. Haha ... I see Andrew Embley in a lot of Fantasy teams and I must say I have my doubts about whether he is in fact entrenched as a walk up start to the eagles team. I would of thought to be considered a fantasy selection in the midfield you would wanna be pretty certain that a mid priced player was pretty much a walk up for a guernsey. I decided that I would put forward my best 22 West Coast Team and seek get some feedback from you lads and ladies.

Full Back: Hurn Glass Schofield

Half Back: Waters Mackenzie Brennan

Centre: Gaff Priddis Rosa 

Half Forward
: Wellingham Darling Lecras

Full Forward Cox Kennedy Hill

Followers: Natanui Shuey Selwood

Interchange Kerr Masten Nicoski
Sub A.Embley

Waiting: Mitch Brown, Adam Selwood, Ashley Smith, Ash Hames, Sam Butler, Patrick Mcginnty, Scott Lycett, Callum Sinclair? Fraser Mcinnes? Jamie Bennell? Brad Dick? Jamie Cripps? Cale Morton?

So I have EMBLEY Vested as the SUB and ONLY JUST!!!! He could not be ahead of that centre line nor our on ball brigade. I though maybe i could squeeze him onto the forward flank with a few positional shuffles.

What do you think of my eagles best 22? Would you make positional changes? Could any of the waiting list be swapped for a current fielded player?

Thoughts

GM

Quote from: eaglesman on January 10, 2013, 08:03:24 PM
I am a pretty passionate Eagles fan and like to think I know the team inside and out. Haha ... I see Andrew Embley in a lot of Fantasy teams and I must say I have my doubts about whether he is in fact entrenched as a walk up start to the eagles team. I would of thought to be considered a fantasy selection in the midfield you would wanna be pretty certain that a mid priced player was pretty much a walk up for a guernsey. I decided that I would put forward my best 22 West Coast Team and seek get some feedback from you lads and ladies.

Full Back: Hurn Glass Schofield

Half Back: Waters Mackenzie Brennan

Centre: Gaff Priddis Rosa 

Half Forward
: Wellingham Darling Lecras

Full Forward Cox Kennedy Hill

Followers: Natanui Shuey Selwood

Interchange Kerr Masten Nicoski
Sub A.Embley

Waiting: Mitch Brown, Adam Selwood, Ashley Smith, Ash Hames, Sam Butler, Patrick Mcginnty, Scott Lycett, Callum Sinclair? Fraser Mcinnes? Jamie Bennell? Brad Dick? Jamie Cripps? Cale Morton?

So I have EMBLEY Vested as the SUB and ONLY JUST!!!! He could not be ahead of that centre line nor our on ball brigade. I though maybe i could squeeze him onto the forward flank with a few positional shuffles.

What do you think of my eagles best 22? Would you make positional changes? Could any of the waiting list be swapped for a current fielded player?

Thoughts
With Kerrs late start could enhance Embleys chances

tbagrocks

If Embey gets a vest at all early it will be a disaster and make him not worth picking, that's the problem I see, but just because he might be the 22nd picked does that mean he wears a vest? I want to find out before round one

popedelio

I don't really see Lecras/Nicoski/Hill all in the starting lineup since all 3 are the small/medium forwards. This is why I reckon embers would have the nod over nico and hilldawg ;) Eagles actually have some good depth now, I'm really excited for the 2013 season :)

eaglesman

I actually think Nicoski might return to the half back line and use his lovely left foot to set some play up but he may still play forward will have to wait and see.
, i just love the way brennan tries his guts out and genuinely has some talent that i think fit maturity and fine tuning will have him in the team
... if there was a change i considered it would be lecras to the forward pocket and embley to the flank and hill the sub

... but i prefer lecras up the ground ... hill offers a bit of defensive pressure to our side .. early third of last year he was number 1 in the comp for defensive pressure acts but fell away in that area as the season went on ... if he was to return to that i would have him in over embley because he hasnt got a defensive bone in his body

if we stay fit and healthy we could really give this year a shake!!! i love these eagles haha

Andrew

Nicoski out Embley in, and for what it's worth, Brennan out Adam Selwood in. McGinnity, Nicoski, Brennan, Smith, Morton, and Dick to battle it out for the subs vest. Kerr unlikely to play round 1 and could wear a green vest early in the season, ensuring Embley plays from the get-go.

eaglesman

Ok kerr out early .... nico has been on modified program but about to join main team, so lets say he misses early (even though i doubt) ..... then you have embley in and he is probably going to be the last or second last player picked ... those 2 come back and he becomes very very fringely in the team

risky pick fantasy wise? awkward price awakward job security????

Bluke

Brennan Out (just) Butler In

If Butler is fit he plays.

McGinnity showed a lot by the end of last season. Its going to uber tough this spot with compitition all round the ground except for the KPP spots up forward. Our season hinges on Kennedy staying fit because if he goes down a lot of responsibility passes to Darling.

Football Factory

Who was he keeping out of the team last year when he came back and played really well .. I cant see him being a sub honestly but who knows. You dont hang onto a player like Embley unless your going to play him.

mezzoculo

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 10, 2013, 09:17:30 PM
Who was he keeping out of the team last year when he came back and played really well .. I cant see him being a sub honestly but who knows. You dont hang onto a player like Embley unless your going to play him.
That's what i hope. Although the arrival of Sharrod Wellingham is giving me jitters.

tbagrocks

Embley's got a big runner isn't he? Keep post in FF I am really enjoying your posts atm

Football Factory

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 10, 2013, 09:23:46 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 10, 2013, 09:17:30 PM
That's what i hope. Although the arrival of Sharrod Wellingham is giving me jitters.
Yeah its got me thinking for sure  ;D  i cant see Nicoski keeping him out of the team and Kerr isnt right for round 1 as far as i know.

Round 23 team 2012

West Coast

B: Beau Waters, Darren Glass, Adam Selwood
HB: Shannon Hurn, Mitch Brown, Will Schofield
C: Daniel Kerr, Matthew Priddis, Andrew Gaff
HF: Josh Hill, Jack Darling, Patrick McGinnity
F: Andrew Embley, Josh Kennedy, Nic Naitanui
Foll: Dean Cox, Scott Selwood, Luke Shuey
I/C: Sam Butler, Chris Masten, Andrew Strijk, Jacob Brennan
Emg: Quinten Lynch, Bradd Dalziell, Lewis Stevenson

Finals week 1

West Coast Eagles

B: Beau Waters, Darren Glass, Adam Selwood
HB: Shannon Hurn, Eric Mackenzie, Will Schofield
C: Daniel Kerr, Matthew Priddis, Andrew Gaff
HF: Josh Hill, Jack Darling, Patrick McGinnity
F: Andrew Embley, Josh Kennedy, Nic Naitanui
Foll: Dean Cox, Scott Selwood, Luke Shuey
I/C: Sam Butler, Quinten Lynch, Chris Masten, Bradd Dalziell, Andrew Strijk, Ashton Hams, Jacob Brennan

Spanner221

can't tell if your trolling but Lynch has gone to collingwood.

Football Factory

Quote from: Spanner221 on January 10, 2013, 09:56:03 PM
can't tell if your trolling but Lynch has gone to collingwood.
Are you brain dead .. these are the line-ups from WC last 2 games of 2012

Windigo

I think your profile pic might have clouded his thinking.  :P