Playing Prospects of Sydney Young Guys

Started by timmyparso, January 09, 2013, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 15, 2013, 05:48:55 PM
Quote from: tabs on January 15, 2013, 05:39:11 PM
but in a couple of years when the likes of Goodes, McVeigh and Bolton leave these kids will be near there peak........

along with the likes of Jetta, Rohan, dan han...
Its the "couple of years" bit that doesn't sit with me. I can understand such a rationale for younger players but not a 25 year old!
but he is yet to play at AFL level, he will get his chance and when he does needs to take it with both hands and run. You have to remember that Towers is trying to break in to a GF team

In saying that, i expect the swans to play all of there senior list during the NAB Cup besides Goodes.

SydneyRox

[/quote]

In saying that, i expect the swans to play all of there senior list during the NAB Cup besides Goodes.
[/quote]

I agree - think we will get a very good look at most of the younger swans, especially in the first round robin games. Would be surprised if too many of Goodes, ROK, Mattner, Mumford, Rohan, McGlynn, Smith, Richards play in that first session. All have had a modified PS.

mezzoculo

Well, after his GF performance I guess Malceski is guaranteed a spot!

Capper

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 15, 2013, 08:26:52 PM
at this stage but half way through last season, he didnt even look like getting a game

mezzoculo

Quote from: tabs on January 15, 2013, 08:42:50 PM
at this stage but half way through last season, he didnt even look like getting a game
Ha ha. True. My previous post was originally going to be something along the lines of 'Malceski has to be close to retirement so Towers could take his spot' then I remembered his Grand Final performance!

Capper

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 15, 2013, 08:50:35 PM
Quote from: tabs on January 15, 2013, 08:42:50 PM
Ha ha. True. My previous post was originally going to be something along the lines of 'Malceski has to be close to retirement so Towers could take his spot' then I remembered his Grand Final performance!
from my memory, Eski was a late inclussion after having a couple of weeks out of the team and then didnt leave the team

SydneyRox

yeah he got dropped when his performance dropped off, but then came back and play like a gun.

But Towers wouldnt replace him, more likely Armstrong.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 15, 2013, 09:01:36 PM
yeah he got dropped when his performance dropped off, but then came back and play like a gun.

But Towers wouldnt replace him, more likely Armstrong.
yeh i agree although LRT could go back and Towers could be in that mid/HF rotation

owenbond007

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 10, 2013, 03:07:49 PM
Your right FARK ( wow - never thought I would type those words!! :) )

It wasnt LLoyd the article was on, but Richards.

More research on my part, shows Lloyd could be a little gem for us to slip to the rookie draft. Still cant see him getting a game early on as there are no spots, but one for the future by the sounds of it.

His scoring potential must be alright 24 points week 1 and 85 week 2 at 96 points per 100 mins. I havent seen the lad play but is a any chance of early selection.

Noz

Surely Dane Rampe would get game time this year he should be first elevated.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Noz on March 08, 2013, 09:02:18 AM

Couple of the rookies didn't do themselves any harm over the NAB. Rampe and Lloyd look like fighting it out, they are the only rookies named this weekend, though I did like the looks of Biggs also.

The issue will be we have no one (touch wood) going on LTI. So they will get to run around and destroy the NEAFL

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 08, 2013, 01:18:10 PM
Quote from: Noz on March 08, 2013, 09:02:18 AM

Couple of the rookies didn't do themselves any harm over the NAB. Rampe and Lloyd look like fighting it out, they are the only rookies named this weekend, though I did like the looks of Biggs also.

The issue will be we have no one (touch wood) going on LTI. So they will get to run around and destroy the NEAFL
Jed Lamb named but Cunners isnt. That was a surprise for me. Although Lamb played well last week. Rampe and Lloyd are named as emergencies

Mr.Craig

AFL Fantasy Source ‏@fantasy_afl
Gary Rohan on long term injury list! Could open up spots for unknown rookies. #AFLFantasy

Well, there's the opportunity. Let's see what happens.

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 08, 2013, 03:50:46 PM
AFL Fantasy Source ‏@fantasy_afl
Gary Rohan on long term injury list! Could open up spots for unknown rookies. #AFLFantasy

Well, there's the opportunity. Let's see what happens.
This could be interestign to see who gets the spot

Current Rookie List
Daniel Robinson
Brandon Jack
Sam Naismith
Xavier Richards
Dane Rampe
Jake Lloyd
Shane Biggs

mezzoculo

So, who's likely?

Current Rookie List