Playing Prospects of Sydney Young Guys

Started by timmyparso, January 09, 2013, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Does anyone know what the playing likelihoods of Tom Mitchell, Tim Membrey and Jed Lamb are?? I understood that Mitchell was on the fringe of being picked last year but injured his foot before he got an opportunity. It also seemed pretty difficult to get into the Sydney Senior side in 2012 with the side being so settled (least number of player used of any team I think).

Thoughts?

stew42

Agreed, it's a tough life being a Swans rookie. Think of it this way. Our Grand Final side was missing Ben McGlynn and Gary Rohan, both of whom you'd think are in best 22. Lamb has been in the system in a few years, but hasn't broken through. Mitchell is the most talented of the lot, but hasn't come in, and I'm not too sure who he'll replace.

However in 2014-15, when Goodes, Bolton, O'Keefe and Shaw go, there will definitely be some spots :):):):):):) #futureplanning

Capper

It wasnt Mitchell's foot it was his knee. The Swans were slowly increasing his game time each week in the 2s until he had some knee tendonitis problems on the knee he had surgery on.

Rohan and Tippett will come in top the top fray after the byes but McGlynn should be avaliable from R1.

But like Stew said with the likes of Bolton (32), Goodes (33 yesterday, happy birthday Goodesy), Shaw (31), ROK (31), Mattner (30), Richards (30 on Saturday), Pyke (30 in March) and LRT (30 in Sep) there is going to be some spots coming upo to fill but we have plenty of time for these boys to mature.

My guess is that Bolton will not play everyweek and with that either Cunners, Lamb or Mitchell will get a run when he is out.

stew42

Quote from: tabs on January 09, 2013, 02:03:36 PM
It wasnt Mitchell's foot it was his knee. The Swans were slowly increasing his game time each week in the 2s until he had some knee tendonitis problems on the knee he had surgery on.

Rohan and Tippett will come in top the top fray after the byes but McGlynn should be avaliable from R1.

But like Stew said with the likes of Bolton (32), Goodes (33 yesterday, happy birthday Goodesy), Shaw (31), ROK (31), Mattner (30), Richards (30 on Saturday), Pyke (30 in March) and LRT (30 in Sep) there is going to be some spots coming upo to fill but we have plenty of time for these boys to mature.

My guess is that Bolton will not play everyweek and with that either Cunners, Lamb or Mitchell will get a run when he is out.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah Cunners!

Capper

Havent heard anything about how Bolton is travelling with his knee, which might me good news for Cunners

SydneyRox

The most likely of the young guns (in order) to get game time for me would be

Membrey
Cunners
Lockyer
Mitchell
Towers
Lamb

Football Factory

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 09, 2013, 02:44:08 PM

Membrey
Cunners
Lockyer
Mitchell
Towers
Lamb
Cant remember where i read it but Membrey is a good chance of some games this year.. not a fan of his tattoo's

SydneyRox

Yeah, Membrey will be fighting the likes of Morton, Pyke, LRT for the final fwd spot, probably just keeping it warm until Tippett comes in.

nrich102

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 09, 2013, 04:21:27 PM

Membrey
Cunners
Lockyer
Mitchell
Towers
Lamb
Cant remember where i read it but Membrey is a good chance of some games this year.. not a fan of his tattoo's

how don't you like those tats??

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tabs on January 09, 2013, 02:03:36 PM
But like Stew said with the likes of Bolton (32), Goodes (33 yesterday, happy birthday Goodesy), Shaw (31), ROK (31), Mattner (30), Richards (30 on Saturday), Pyke (30 in March) and LRT (30 in Sep) there is going to be some spots coming up to fill but we have plenty of time for these boys to mature.

Yes, it would be wise to give these young guys a bit of a run this year rather than dropping them in the deep end later on. Hopefully Mitchell and Membrey will get a go at some point.

Football Factory

Quote from: nrich102 on January 09, 2013, 05:11:04 PM

Membrey
Cunners
Lockyer
Mitchell
Towers
Lamb

Your being sarcastic yeah .. nice 1   ;D

Capper

Quote from: nrich102 on January 09, 2013, 05:11:04 PM

Membrey
Cunners
Lockyer
Mitchell
Towers
Lamb

i like your DP though FF

SydneyRox

The F.A.R.K.

SydneyRox

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on January 10, 2013, 12:24:50 AM
Chances of Jake Lloyd getting a game?

Slim to none. As a rookie he isnt getting upgraded anytime soon, and from the things i have read he was picked up due to his athletisim and running ability, hoping he could improve his skills.