Mundy or Fyfe?

Mundy
21 (56.8%)
Fyfe
16 (43.2%)

Total Members Voted: 1

masedog333

Mundy priced at 477K, Fyfe at 498K.

Mundy is 27 years of age, whereas Fyfe is 21.

Mundy averaged 94 in 2010, 107 in 2011 (from 12 games) and it looked like he was fast becoming a premium midfielder. In 2012, he was recovering from his injury for most of the year, but when he finally found match fitness in his last 8 games of the season (including finals) he averaged 114. A premium midfielder when fit.

Fyfe averaged 72 in his first season, 108 in his second, but last year he averaged 93 due to having a shoulder operation and being nursed back into footy.

At the moment I am leaning towards Mundy, because he is cheaper and more suited to SC, but I might pick up Fyfe in Dream Team.

hawkers65

Quote from: masedog333 on January 09, 2013, 05:33:53 AM
Mundy priced at 477K, Fyfe at 498K.

Mundy is 27 years of age, whereas Fyfe is 21.

Mundy averaged 94 in 2010, 107 in 2011 (from 12 games) and it looked like he was fast becoming a premium midfielder. In 2012, he was recovering from his injury for most of the year, but when he finally found match fitness in his last 8 games of the season (including finals) he averaged 114. A premium midfielder when fit.

Fyfe averaged 72 in his first season, 108 in his second, but last year he averaged 93 due to having a shoulder operation and being nursed back into footy.

At the moment I am leaning towards Mundy, because he is cheaper and more suited to SC, but I might pick up Fyfe in Dream Team.

This is a tough decision and one i'm currently trying to figure out for my side too. In 2011 Mundy had a 6 where he got injured so if you take that out his average bumps up to 116 and as you have said he averaged 114 at the end of 2012, so thats where i see him averageing, around the 115 mark. But the thing tempting about fyfe is that he averaged 108 in his second year!!! Thats amazing. He is now going into his 4th and my prediciton was around the 115 mark too. Some i'm really puzzled on this one :( I can't even vote on your pole because i'm so undecided.

ronl

Whilt I respect Mundy as a footballer, Fyfe to me just oozes class.  I think he'll go on to be a super prem in the mold of Pendles.

Ringo

This is not an easy decision to make - Hawkers summed it up nicely.
Mundy and Fyfe played the last 7 games of 2012 together and Fyfe averaged 96 compared to Mundys 116 for these games. Fyfe was being esaed back in and looks a star of the future but tend to favour Mundy slightly atm. but not with a lot of confidence.

Either will be a sound choice though as evidenced by the poll.

hawkers65

Quote from: Ringo on January 09, 2013, 11:18:18 AM
This is not an easy decision to make - Hawkers summed it up nicely.
Mundy and Fyfe played the last 7 games of 2012 together and Fyfe averaged 96 compared to Mundys 116 for these games. Fyfe was being esaed back in and looks a star of the future but tend to favour Mundy slightly atm. but not with a lot of confidence.

Either will be a sound choice though as evidenced by the poll.

Yeah i think i'm leaning to Mundy too, purely because Mundy has proven to us he can average 115, where as with Fyfe we are just predicting. No doubt Fyfe will be in my team in 2014 as he will be in his 5th year and i see him going close to an 120 average.

masedog333

yeah i completely agree with everything you guys have said, slightly favouring mundy also at this point.

basil3134

Mundy is a lock for me and only 27

Holz

In DT its abit tough but in  SC in my mind its mundy easy. Will be the first guy i pick in SC.

His numbers in 2011 were fantastic and if you look at his average with a fit fyfe in the sqaud he is capable of going 115+ but really if he can go 110 he will be a great pickup.

valkorum

Quote from: ronl on January 09, 2013, 10:06:58 AM
Whilt I respect Mundy as a footballer, Fyfe to me just oozes class.  I think he'll go on to be a super prem in the mold of Pendles.

I would put it this way, Mundy oooozes class and Fyfe has X Factor.

For SC I would go Munday every day of the week.

JBs-Hawks

Would have said Fyfe, but you cant argue with Valk about freo players.

Ziplock

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 09, 2013, 06:36:24 PM
yes you can- 2011 he spent all preseason talking down fyfe so he would be his sneaky unique :P

valkorum

Quote from: Ziplock on January 09, 2013, 06:45:45 PM
yes you can- 2011 he spent all preseason talking down fyfe so he would be his sneaky unique :P

And that was my best EVER DT/SC work.  I killed it with Fyfey as my awesome unique.

At this stage I have Mundy in my SC team - easily ahead of Fyfe.  As good as Fyfe is his efficiency is nowhere near as good as Mundy's and that plays a big part in SC.  Fyfe is clearly a DT player and should be treated as such.

Best way to compare Fyfe's style is like Swan - DT but not SC

masedog333

I'm thinking of starting both of them...

Bluesman

Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 09, 2013, 06:45:45 PM

And that was my best EVER DT/SC work.  I killed it with Fyfey as my awesome unique.

At this stage I have Mundy in my SC team - easily ahead of Fyfe.  As good as Fyfe is his efficiency is nowhere near as good as Mundy's and that plays a big part in SC.  Fyfe is clearly a DT player and should be treated as such.

Best way to compare Fyfe's style is like Swan - DT but not SC
THear this all the time. What's wrong with Swan's record in SC?? Aren't his averages of 126, 121, 123, 126 since 2009 enough??!!  ::) 

creeker