The Incredible Fantastic Thread Where All Combo Questions Will Be Answered!

Started by Adamant, January 08, 2013, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: essendon2 on January 12, 2013, 02:50:55 AM
Quote from: picker_man on January 12, 2013, 02:37:08 AM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 12, 2013, 02:29:35 AM
Quote from: picker_man on January 12, 2013, 02:16:13 AM
Low risk ??? By the time you've upgraded those guys to real premiums that every1 else started with you would have lost trades, not to mention rookies will make money a whole lot quicker.... so good luck with that stratergy :P
I've still got the same number of rooks as everyone else.... and Ball + Embley will earn me a lot more cash than someone like Watson + a rookie..

A rookie will earn cash quicker then Embley or Ball, you then have to waste trades upgrading either of those too to someone like Watson who everyone else started with. Not to mention the points lost why you try upgrade to a premium and the risk that approach has with it, makes no sense to go that way, yeah one or two of the midpricers for sure but the bunch your saying is a bit much
you don't understand.... I'm replacing the Premiums with Mid-pricers... not my rookies. So i'll be earning more $$$
Embley is going to go up 150k, so is Ball.
Whereas if I had Watson + a Rookie, the rook will go up 250k and Watson will probably stay the same.
Then there's the extra cash I got from having the 2 mid pricers where I upgraded the rest of my field!

oh and I'm not wasting trades... since we all have the same amount regardless of how many i use  8)

Take Dylan Shiel for eg, he took 10 rounds to increase 200k last season, average 70-75
Then Take Maric, he took 9 rounds to increase 200k, averaging 90-95

It's about the same speed... so if I have Embley + Ball, I'll be earning almost double the amount of money whilst losing only 5-10 ppg less per week. This means I won't start off too well, but I'll come home strong as my team will be upgraded in no time!
Shiel started with a subbed game tho so of course it took longer
Greene, Magner, Horsely, Zorko, Giles only took 2 price rises to make 130-150k profit
Good rookies will make cash a lot faster than Embles and Ball

From what i can see, the best strategy is to start with 2 premos then after RD 2 trade both for two for of the best performing rooks... wait for two-three price rises and then trade the premos back

essendon2

Mr.Craig

Quote from: essendon2 on January 12, 2013, 03:19:52 PM
Stevie Jay + Hrovat
vs
Knights + Embley

Scoring -

Stevie J 95 + Hrovat 60 = 155
Knights 75 + Embley 75 = 150

Cash generation -

Stevie J + Hrovat = 200k
Knights + Embley = 260k

I say Knights/Embley.

Here's mine -

Robinson + Daniher vs
Wright + Varcoe

GM

Quote from: Ricochet on January 12, 2013, 03:09:19 PM
Low risk ??? By the time you've upgraded those guys to real premiums that every1 else started with you would have lost trades, not to mention rookies will make money a whole lot quicker.... so good luck with that stratergy :P
I've still got the same number of rooks as everyone else.... and Ball + Embley will earn me a lot more cash than someone like Watson + a rookie..

A rookie will earn cash quicker then Embley or Ball, you then have to waste trades upgrading either of those too to someone like Watson who everyone else started with. Not to mention the points lost why you try upgrade to a premium and the risk that approach has with it, makes no sense to go that way, yeah one or two of the midpricers for sure but the bunch your saying is a bit much
you don't understand.... I'm replacing the Premiums with Mid-pricers... not my rookies. So i'll be earning more $$$
Whereas if I had Watson + a Rookie, the rook will go up 250k and Watson will probably stay the same.
Then there's the extra cash I got from having the 2 mid pricers where I upgraded the rest of my field!

oh and I'm not wasting trades... since we all have the same amount regardless of how many i use  8)

Take Dylan Shiel for eg, he took 10 rounds to increase 200k last season, average 70-75

It's about the same speed... so if I have Embley + Ball, I'll be earning almost double the amount of money whilst losing only 5-10 ppg less per week. This means I won't start off too well, but I'll come home strong as my team will be upgraded in no time!
Greene, Magner, Horsely, Zorko, Giles only took 2 price rises to make 130-150k profit

From what i can see, the best strategy is to start with 2 premos then after RD 2 trade both for two for of the best performing rooks... wait for two-three price rises and then trade the premos back
+1

Football Factory

Quote from: greenmoon on January 13, 2013, 02:36:05 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 12, 2013, 03:09:19 PM

+1
From memeory fella's the amount of rooks dropped off severly .. so if you jump off your rooks too early your risking losing a fair bit of dosh .. i also remember with some players last year everyone though they had maxed out early then they went bang and made another quick fire 100k+ .. If theres a rook ripe for picking then yes by all means jump off and grab the cash but be wary of the js of these guys and the potential to all of a sudden not be playing anymore. At one stage last year i was downgrading good rooks to rooks with little to no js just to get my team upgraded.

essendon2

Embley + Knights
vs
Wright + Crouch

was thinking 2nd option for first two rounds because Embley and knights could start poorly

Windigo

Or they might not.

I'd go for the proven Embley and wait on Knights' nab form.

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on January 13, 2013, 07:06:05 PM
Or they might not.

+ 1  ..with a fresh start i can see Knights bouncing back to his best this season. Before his injuries i was thinking this guy is going to be one of the best goal kicking midfielders in the game.

nostradamus

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 13, 2013, 07:31:49 PM
Quote from: Windigo on January 13, 2013, 07:06:05 PM
Or they might not.

+ 1  ..with a fresh start i can see Knights bouncing back to his best this season. Before his injuries i was thinking this guy is going to be one of the best goal kicking midfielders in the game.

if he goes well in the NAB cup he'll be in alot of teams for sure

essendon2

stew42

Broughton (90) + Pendles (118)
Wright (88) + Murphy (112)

Broughton and pendles for me.

Now...

Bellchambers, Mundy, Moloney
or
Vardy, Redden, Treloar

Adamant

Quote from: stew42 on January 16, 2013, 05:38:38 PM

Now...

or
Vardy, Redden, Treloar

Bellchambers (84) + Mundy (105) + Moloney (82)
OR
Vardy (67) + Redden (108) + Treloar (89)

Bellchambers, Mundy and Moloney for me.

stew42

Quote from: Adamant on January 16, 2013, 05:45:51 PM
Quote from: stew42 on January 16, 2013, 05:38:38 PM

Now...

or
Vardy, Redden, Treloar

Bellchambers (84) + Mundy (105) + Moloney (82)
OR
Vardy (67) + Redden (108) + Treloar (89)

Bellchambers, Mundy and Moloney for me.
Cheers mate. How about:
Cotchin + Pedersen
VS
Bellchambers (84) + Mundy (105)

henry

I reckon Cotchin will average 115 and Pederson 72, so Belcho and Mundy. Very close though and could actually go the other way.

Byrnes vs Varcoe vs Daniel Menzel vs Nicoski vs Harper vs Petterd vs Krakaouer vs fwd rook?

Windigo

I have heard that Shannon is lighting up the training track...But I do have a soft spot for Varcoe. So I'd select Travis, should have good JS and is tipped for dt friendly role off half back and could net 70-80 points a game.

Okay:

Option 1: Go with a 3 premium defense, (the 3 G's), Staker a D4, Embley as M6, 4 premium fwd line Cox as F1 & Martin F4 with Varcoe at F5.

Option 2: 4 premium defense, 3 G's + Stanley, Varcoe as M6 over Embley, 3 premium FWD line, Zorko over Cox & Knights at F4. Then Staker at F5

Sorry if this is confusing.  :P

I like option 1 personally.