The Incredible Fantastic Thread Where All Combo Questions Will Be Answered!

Started by Adamant, January 08, 2013, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 05:50:49 PM
Redden + Cloke
vs
Jack + Wright/Martin
Redden + Cloke

I think Cloke,Wright and Martin are gonna average around the same. Redden will average more than Jack

essendon2

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 11, 2013, 05:57:50 PM
Redden + Cloke
vs
Jack + Wright/Martin
Redden + Cloke

I think Cloke,Wright and Martin are gonna average around the same. Redden will average more than Jack
Yeah and I'm going NRoo over Martin/Wright for first 3 rounds!

Ricochet

Redden + Cloke
vs
Jack + Wright/Martin
Initially Jack and Wright would win with Jack's easy start with GC and GWS. Then you could sideways trade him

essendon2

Quote from: Ricochet on January 11, 2013, 06:07:44 PM
Redden + Cloke
vs
Jack + Wright/Martin
Initially Jack and Wright would win with Jack's easy start with GC and GWS. Then you could sideways trade him
Redden has got WB at Etihad, even with 2 trades, I'd rather not take the risk!

Football Factory

Redden + Cloke
vs
Jack + Wright/Martin
Dont forget premo's dont always score big against the GC's  and GWS's ..

Yes we have 2 trades a round Rico but lets not lose sight of what we need to do from the start and thats start with the best money making team you can along with as many premo's as you can get, then worry about sideways trading after our teams are upgraded. This is the way im looking at it anyway.

Ricochet

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 11, 2013, 06:16:20 PM
Redden + Cloke
vs
Jack + Wright/Martin

Yes we have 2 trades a round Rico but lets not lose sight of what we need to do from the start and thats start with the best money making team you can along with as many premo's as you can get, then worry about sideways trading after our teams are upgraded. This is the way im looking at it anyway.
yes thats true but its also about getting early points on the board

Football Factory

Quote from: Ricochet on January 11, 2013, 06:17:35 PM
Redden + Cloke
vs
Jack + Wright/Martin

I agree .. and thats why i will be going with Ball,Embley,Knights,Varcoe early points with good JS and will make you some decent cash aswell

Ricochet

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 11, 2013, 06:19:37 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 11, 2013, 06:17:35 PM
Redden + Cloke
vs
Jack + Wright/Martin

I agree .. and thats why i will be going with Ball,Embley,Knights,Varcoe early points with good JS and will make you some decent cash aswell
starting to lean that way also

essendon2

the only difference I've made is Cotchin --> Pendles, Duffield --> Hartlett and Martin --> NRoo

PA has a relatively easy start, Pendles always starts well and NRoo kills shower teams!

Goldstein + Grimes + Cloke
vs
Sandi + Hartlett + Cloke
vs
Goldstein + Hartlett + Martin + 30k

Adamant

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 06:28:30 PM
the only difference I've made is Cotchin --> Pendles, Duffield --> Hartlett and Martin --> NRoo

PA has a relatively easy start, Pendles always starts well and NRoo kills shower teams!

Goldstein + Grimes + Cloke
vs
Sandi + Hartlett + Cloke
vs
Goldstein + Hartlett + Martin + 30k

Sandi + Hartlett + Cloke.

But I would go Sylvia over Cloke.

essendon2

Because of the trade rule I've changed my structure around to something that'll earn me as much $$$, as quickly as possible. How? By buying as many low risk underprices players as I could!

Watson --> Embley
Pendlebury --> Ball
Goldstein --> McEvoy (Sandilands does terribly against WCE)
Cloke --> Sylvia
Staker --> Knights
Docherty --> Grimes

Only question is:

McEvoy v Goldstein v Jacobs v Roughead
&

Pendlebury + Stringer
vs
Ball + Knights

picker_man

Low risk ??? By the time you've upgraded those guys to real premiums that every1 else started with you would have lost trades, not to mention rookies will make money a whole lot quicker.... so good luck with that stratergy :P

essendon2

Quote from: picker_man on January 12, 2013, 02:16:13 AM
Low risk ??? By the time you've upgraded those guys to real premiums that every1 else started with you would have lost trades, not to mention rookies will make money a whole lot quicker.... so good luck with that stratergy :P
I've still got the same number of rooks as everyone else.... and Ball + Embley will earn me a lot more cash than someone like Watson + a rookie..

picker_man

Quote from: essendon2 on January 12, 2013, 02:29:35 AM
I've still got the same number of rooks as everyone else.... and Ball + Embley will earn me a lot more cash than someone like Watson + a rookie..

A rookie will earn cash quicker then Embley or Ball, you then have to waste trades upgrading either of those too to someone like Watson who everyone else started with. Not to mention the points lost why you try upgrade to a premium and the risk that approach has with it, makes no sense to go that way, yeah one or two of the midpricers for sure but the bunch your saying is a bit much

essendon2

Quote from: picker_man on January 12, 2013, 02:37:08 AM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 12, 2013, 02:29:35 AM

A rookie will earn cash quicker then Embley or Ball, you then have to waste trades upgrading either of those too to someone like Watson who everyone else started with. Not to mention the points lost why you try upgrade to a premium and the risk that approach has with it, makes no sense to go that way, yeah one or two of the midpricers for sure but the bunch your saying is a bit much
you don't understand.... I'm replacing the Premiums with Mid-pricers... not my rookies. So i'll be earning more $$$
Embley is going to go up 150k, so is Ball.
Whereas if I had Watson + a Rookie, the rook will go up 250k and Watson will probably stay the same.
Then there's the extra cash I got from having the 2 mid pricers where I upgraded the rest of my field!

oh and I'm not wasting trades... since we all have the same amount regardless of how many i use  8)

Take Dylan Shiel for eg, he took 10 rounds to increase 200k last season, average 70-75
Then Take Maric, he took 9 rounds to increase 200k, averaging 90-95

It's about the same speed... so if I have Embley + Ball, I'll be earning almost double the amount of money whilst losing only 5-10 ppg less per week. This means I won't start off too well, but I'll come home strong as my team will be upgraded in no time!