The Incredible Fantastic Thread Where All Combo Questions Will Be Answered!

Started by Adamant, January 08, 2013, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

McVeigh at 104 average is very generous, Jukes. I know he has a dream draw early, but do you actually think he can jump 13 points?

Jukes

Quote from: Adamant on March 28, 2013, 12:36:22 AM
McVeigh at 104 average is very generous, Jukes. I know he has a dream draw early, but do you actually think he can jump 13 points?

I don't think Harper will average 80 over the season either; I give an average for how long I believe you will have him in your side for, plus a week or two in case you gotta fix other components of your side first.

McVeigh = 4 weeks + 2
Harper = 6 weeks + 2

DTmagician

QUESTION: START OR HOLD ON FRANKLIN? If not start, then who in replacement. current fwds: rock, robbo, martin, franklin, karnesis, macaffer, rowe, dwyer

Jukes

Quote from: DTmagician on March 28, 2013, 12:43:27 AM
QUESTION: START OR HOLD ON FRANKLIN? If not start, then who in replacement. current fwds: rock, robbo, martin, franklin, karnesis, macaffer, rowe, dwyer

Don't start with him. Plays the other 7 finallists from last season in the first 7 matches (don't know how the fixtures turned that out), including tough match-ups against Rivers and Glass first two weeks. Can only see him barely scraping a 90 average over the first 7 weeks, maybe even low to mid 80s.

Get in the Zork. He'll average more than Buddy easily too, imo. The sky's the limit for Dayne.
Buddy: 94-99 average
Zorko: 98-105

DTmagician

Jukes

Quote from: DTmagician on March 28, 2013, 12:58:29 AM
thoughts on jordan lewis? zorko easily over him?

You got it. Can't see Lewis coming close to matching Zorko.

Reason I love Zorks so much if you wanted to know: Last season in his first season in the afl after numerous best and fairests at Broadbeach he avg 94; without his sub-affected 26 and injury-affected 69 (he was off to a good start but copped a knock and was a bit out of it the remainder of the match) he averaged 101.5. This pre-season he looks better than he did last season, due to more experience and a full pre-season on an afl list. 100% lock him in.

Adamant

Quote from: DTmagician on March 28, 2013, 12:58:29 AM
thoughts on jordan lewis? zorko easily over him?

Lewis... great unique. Amazing consistency and you can always bank on a 90 average from him. He's like the Grant Birchall of the forward line.

Having said that, I'd still go Zorks over him. I'm not the biggest Zorko fan, but he is a jet and is in like 30% of teams at the moment. I actually don't really have a legitimate reason of not starting with him lol.

DTmagician

With Burger seemingly out, R2 will be a major issue. COXY already at #1, what seems like a legitimate move?

1. Keep Burger. -> Bench, get rookie (blicavs, daw, longer at R2)

2. Swap for mid-price-ish rucks (martin, kruezer, smith)

3. Set two ruck "premiums" (Coxy, McEvoy/Maric/Mumford/Giles/Roughead)

thoughts? any other options please note!

Jukes

Quote from: DTmagician on March 28, 2013, 01:11:56 AM
With Burger seemingly out, R2 will be a major issue. COXY already at #1, what seems like a legitimate move?

For value for money, I'd go with Zac Smith. If you want the security of knowing neither of your rucks won't spud it up, would lean towards McEvoy or Maric.

RookieDTer

Quote from: Jukes on March 28, 2013, 01:14:53 AM

For value for money, I'd go with Zac Smith. If you want the security of knowing neither of your rucks won't spud it up, would lean towards McEvoy or Maric.
Im waiting for the lineup, but I think I'll have Currie on my bench and have Roughead as R2.

Why no love for Roughy?

Jukes

Quote from: RookieDTer on March 28, 2013, 08:41:28 AM
Quote from: Jukes on March 28, 2013, 01:14:53 AM

Im waiting for the lineup, but I think I'll have Currie on my bench and have Roughead as R2.

Why no love for Roughy?

I just prefer McEvoy and Maric.

Senior

1. Longer (R2) + Macaffer (f6)

VS

2. Blicavs (R2) + Harper (F5)

Option 2 i'd have Macaffer as my f7 and I have Cox in my Fwd line for backup of rucks if I need him.

swansong

Jukes

Quote from: Senior on March 28, 2013, 01:51:13 PM
1. Longer (R2) + Macaffer (f6)

VS

2. Blicavs (R2) + Harper (F5)

Option 2 i'd have Macaffer as my f7 and I have Cox in my Fwd line for backup of rucks if I need him.

(b)

Quote from: swansong on March 28, 2013, 02:27:53 PM
Whitfield (M8) and Dwyer (F8)

or

Viney (M8) and Patton (F8)

(b)

Holz

starting to panic, this choice will inffluence my whole season.

Lids, Bartel, Stevenson (trading terlich out but stevo would come to field), Heath, Longer

Whitfield, Martin, Hartlett, Frost, Goldy