The Incredible Fantastic Thread Where All Combo Questions Will Be Answered!

Started by Adamant, January 08, 2013, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Quote from: POK252 on March 02, 2013, 05:19:32 PM
Cloke + K.Mitchell
or
Sylvia + Crouch

Clokey and Kane for me.

I see Cloke and Sylvia about equal - both are priced within 10k of each other and will average around the 90 mark, but I'd rate Mitchell over Crouch.

essendon2

Embley + McEvoy + Sylvia
vs
J. Viney + Cox + Zorko (already got Robbo)

Toga

Quote from: essendon2 on March 02, 2013, 06:46:23 PM
Embley + McEvoy + Sylvia
vs

Embley (84) + McEvoy (92) + Sylvia (84) = 260

Viney (62) + Cox (99) + Zorko (103) = 264

Adamant

Embley + McEvoy + Sylvia
vs

Hmm, tough one.

I see Sylvia about 5-8 points behind Zorko, which isn't much considering the massive price difference. As much as I love McEvoy, you just have to lock in Coxy, you need him at least early. Embley is a bargain and will outscore Viney easily.

Is there anyway you can go Embley + Cox + Sylvia?

essendon2

Quote from: Adamant on March 02, 2013, 06:58:50 PM
Embley + McEvoy + Sylvia
vs

Hmm, tough one.

I see Sylvia about 5-8 points behind Zorko, which isn't much considering the massive price difference. As much as I love McEvoy, you just have to lock in Coxy, you need him at least early. Embley is a bargain and will outscore Viney easily.

Is there anyway you can go Embley + Cox + Sylvia?
I've got Moloney over him at the moment

Embley would be my M6

I can't exactly find money to go Viney --> Embley

unless i downgrade a fwd gun to Karnzeis or Byrnes

Jukes

POK252

Terlich + Embley + Fyfe
or
Vlastuin + Wines + Murphy

DEF: Goddard Gibbs Heppell Hartlett Pittard Goodes (Vlastuin/Terlich Stevenson)
MID: Swan Ablett Pendles Greene Murphy/Fyfe Moloney Embley/Wines O'Meara (Crouch Viney)

Jukes

Quote from: POK252 on March 02, 2013, 10:41:07 PM
Terlich + Embley + Fyfe
or
Vlastuin + Wines + Murphy

DEF: Goddard Gibbs Heppell Hartlett Pittard Goodes (Vlastuin/Terlich Stevenson)
MID: Swan Ablett Pendles Greene Murphy/Fyfe Moloney Embley/Wines O'Meara (Crouch Viney)

Terlich 65, Embers 87, Fyfey 100
vs
Vlas 74, Wines 79, Murph 106

stew42

Windigo

A fit Mummy is a better choice IMO, just for the cash you'd save.

Mummy has been carrying an ankle injury, I had to do some digging to find that info.  :P

Dutchie64

Roughy ......although if Mummy can stay on the park this year he'd be a great pick and you'd save some money as well

Combo question:

Moloney & Minson vs Embley & Cox vs Embley/Moloney & Mummy + cash in bank

Windigo

Quote from: Dutchie64 on March 03, 2013, 03:00:31 PM

I'm a huge fan of Mumford's. Cox is a lot to pay for a bloke who won't be raising his average anytime soon. Well you wouldn't think so anyway!  :P

Hopefully Mummy plays next week, to make the decision on him easier. How much cash overall would you have if you go Mumford over Cox?

Dutchie64

Quote from: Windigo on March 03, 2013, 03:12:20 PM
Quote from: Dutchie64 on March 03, 2013, 03:00:31 PM

I'm a huge fan of Mumford's. Cox is a lot to pay for a bloke who won't be raising his average anytime soon. Well you wouldn't think so anyway!  :P

Hopefully Mummy plays next week, to make the decision on him easier. How much cash overall would you have if you go Mumford over Cox?

If I have Embley & Mummy - $75K
If I have Moloney & Mummy - $38K

Still haven't recovered from having Mummy in my team last year but if he's fit and good to go this year I will pick him again..... :o

Windigo

Hm, it depends on what you can do with that extra coin. Cox in the rucks does look formidable. But is he necessary, looking at all the ruck options this year, It's debatable.

Sometimes you gotta forget about the past and look to the future. Mummy is priced 10 points down on his 2011 form and his last 5 games last year were all above 80+.

RookieDTer

Quote from: Windigo on March 03, 2013, 03:29:14 PM
Hm, it depends on what you can do with that extra coin. Cox in the rucks does look formidable. But is he necessary, looking at all the ruck options this year, It's debatable.

Sometimes you gotta forget about the past and look to the future. Mummy is priced 10 points down on his 2011 form and his last 5 games last year were all above 80+.
Looking to the future, Cox without NicNat in the opening half a dozen rounds = my first pick.

My combo question:
Monfries (m5) (under valued)+ Embley (m6) (under valued)
Vs
Whitfield (m6) (no. 1  draft pick, highest scorer in his team this week) and Wright (m5) (undervalued)

Whitfield won't play every game.... but, he was highest DT scorer in his team this week. Imagine him being say, 85 average from, say, 17 games? Sure, best case scenario.... but, even 75 avg from 12 would be a fair return from his $180k price?

If Crouch makes it into Crows best 22 (likely).... then swap between Crouch and Whitfield for who makes the Dream Team when Whitfield plays. Means every second week you will only have one midfield emergency player available, but that is fine if it is someone with good job security - at the moment, I have Viney, but that could change.

EDIT->Ideally, I'd go -Viney + Whitfield..... but that costs $80k or so - and I only have $10k. Not sure where I could get another $70k from.

EDIT-> Could even do:
Monfries (m5) (under valued)+ Embley (m6) (under valued)
Vs
K. Mitchell (m7) (Just cracked 100DT points in NAB 2) and Wright (m5) (undervalued) and have +59k.

I'd then have $68k and could do -Stevenson + Vlaustin... then have $29k instead of $9k.

EDIT :P -> Could even do +Fyfe instead of +Wright......