The Incredible Fantastic Thread Where All Combo Questions Will Be Answered!

Started by Adamant, January 08, 2013, 10:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

essendon2

Windigo

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 09, 2013, 06:35:39 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 09, 2013, 06:01:31 PM
last one!
then my team is pretty complete

Cotchin + Grimes + Goldstein
vs
Redden + Heppell + Roughead

Cotchin + Grimes + Goldy

I can see all 3 of these guys averaging more than the other 3

Redden + Varcoe

vs

Johnson + Wines

Redden & Varcoe. I see huge upside in Trav, but I'd like to see some good NAB performances though.

Stevie J is a bit pricey for my liking. When he goes huge, it is huge. But Robbo had more tons  overall than him last year.  :-\

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on January 09, 2013, 08:03:19 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 09, 2013, 06:35:39 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 09, 2013, 06:01:31 PM
last one!
then my team is pretty complete

Cotchin + Grimes + Goldstein
vs
Redden + Heppell + Roughead

Cotchin + Grimes + Goldy

I can see all 3 of these guys averaging more than the other 3

Redden + Varcoe

vs

Johnson + Wines

Redden & Varcoe. I see huge upside in Trav, but I'd like to see some good NAB performances though.

Stevie J is a bit pricey for my liking. When he goes huge, it is huge. But Robbo had more tons  overall than him last year.  :-\
have them both!
I've got Stevie, Rocky, Thomas, Robbo and Martin!

Adamant

Quote from: Windigo on January 09, 2013, 07:59:11 PM
Adam, Redden is no way in hell over rated.  :o

In terms of DT, I think he is getting a little overrated lately. He only averaged 103 last year and everyone is saying he'll average 110+ easily.

Trust me, I had him in 2011 and absolutely loved him. I just think that his low ceiling may restrict him from becoming an uber premo (115 average).

Tbh, I think I'm just a bit annoyed that everyone is locking him in, when no-one wanted to go near him at the start of 2012.

He's still a great option and I wouldn't be surprised to see him push a 110 average, that's why I am considering him for M5. :)

Windigo

QuoteTbh, I think I'm just a bit annoyed that everyone is locking him in, when no-one wanted to go near him at the start of 2012.

Dude, you have hit the nail on the precisely. I've had him in my team 4 years in a row, albeit the first time was by pure accident.  :P

But I've come to really appreciate him as a player that is really un-heralded to some degree.

I've raised the point on a few occasions as to why no one wanted to go near him in 2012 even when he averaged more points per game in 2011 than in 2012. I don't get it TBH.

I was always gunna have #30 in my team no matter what.

picker_man

Quote from: Adamant on January 09, 2013, 05:52:32 PM
Quote from: picker_man on January 09, 2013, 05:35:56 PM
Quote from: Adamant on January 09, 2013, 05:24:39 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 09, 2013, 05:22:28 PM
Redden will average more than Murphy !

Murphy isn't in either of the combo's ???

I think Murph will go 110+, I love Redden, but he is a little overrated IMO.

You will regret saying that Adz, was 20 whilst ave 109 and backs it up with 103. Did drop a little this yr but would be expected for someone so young 110+ easily this year ;D

You choose Swan + Mcevoy + Martin for my dilemma was wondering if you could give a bit of a reason why as i had the other option locked in and now im not sure :-\ cheers.

Well, I have both Swanny and Ablett locked in, but Swan is still #1 in DT land. Averaged a massive 133 and only dropped below the ton once... and that was sub affected. I know that many people prefer Ablett due to price, but I reckon Swanny will outscore him by 3-5 points.

McEvoy and Jacobs are very even and really comes down to personal preference. McEvoy is more consistent as he only dropped below 80 three times, but Jacobs has a much higher ceiling.

There were so many times this year where Dusty killed it up until half time, and then would drop off. I read a stat and I think he averaged 54 in the first half and 30 in the second. With another pre-season under his belt, I expect a 90-95 average. I still rate Daisy over him, but Daisy's ankle surgery may mean a slow start to the year.

Thanks Adz very helpful :) just changed my team and like the look with swan,mcevoy,dusty 8)

Adamant

Quote from: Windigo on January 09, 2013, 08:18:17 PM
QuoteTbh, I think I'm just a bit annoyed that everyone is locking him in, when no-one wanted to go near him at the start of 2012.

Dude, you have hit the nail on the precisely. I've had him in my team 4 years in a row, albeit the first time was by pure accident.  :P

But I've come to really appreciate him as a player that is really un-heralded to some degree.

I've raised the point on a few occasions as to why no one wanted to go near him in 2012 even when he averaged more points per game in 2011 than in 2012. I don't get it TBH.

Haha yeah, he dropped his average by 6 points and now everyone is on him. ???

I remember talking to you last pre-season about Redden, and how we both traded him in before the Gold Coast game in 2011 haha... got something like 64 followed by a 75.

Seriously though, putting your Redden love aside, would you take him ahead of Boyd? it frees up a lot of cash, but I don't think Boydy is done by a long shot.

essendon2

do you have him this year? if so, is he M4 or M5

picker_man

what do you expect ??? a player has to prove themselves before there considered, one year ave 100+ means nothing really exspecially when you jumped 30ppg  :o you gotta back it up with another good year, which he did and thats why everyone is jumping on. Good on you two for taking the risk last year but dont be annoyed cause alot are talking him up, as i said what else do you expect.......

Windigo

Haha, yes I traded him and he got 64.....But I went one step further and put him as CAPTAIN.  :'(

Well it's hard to say no, I had bit cash left over and could have 'upgraded' him to Cotch. But I couldn't.  :P

But I'd take Boyd over Redden. But I'd never do it. So I got both.  :P

Boyd is the ultimate professional and he won't sliding down the slope any time soon I wouldn't think. He is shaping as a real unique choice for a bloke that was number in DT last year.  :P

Haha, I get your point Picker man. It's just the polar opposite of this time last year with him.  :P

Redden is M5.

tbagrocks

I'm having Redden because he's one of my Glenelg boys ;D might have some guy named Gibbs to ;D

essendon2

Redden has proven that he is better after his bye, I'm not saying he won't do well pre-bye, I hope he does, so he can reward all the ballsy coaches that put him in! But since I'm starting with only 4 MID Guns (Swa, Ablett, Watson, Cotch) I'll look to go Viney --> Redden in Round 12!

picker_man

Quote from: essendon2 on January 09, 2013, 08:52:22 PM
Redden has proven that he is better after his bye, I'm not saying he won't do well pre-bye, I hope he does, so he can reward all the ballsy coaches that put him in! But since I'm starting with only 4 MID Guns (Swa, Ablett, Watson, Cotch) I'll look to go Viney --> Redden in Round 12!

He averaged something like 101 before and 105 after....... flower all diff so would you like to explain how lol :P

essendon2

Quote from: picker_man on January 09, 2013, 09:02:44 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on January 09, 2013, 08:52:22 PM

He averaged something like 101 before and 105 after....... flower all diff so would you like to explain how lol :P
Difference of 12 in 2011, Difference of 4 in 2012

2012: Averaged 84 in first 5 rounds, averaged 109 Round 6-23