Parkin mentoring Morabito / 3rd Knee Reconstruction

Started by valkorum, January 08, 2013, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

valkorum

Quote from: Ziplock on January 10, 2013, 04:54:25 PM
giants would probably take a punt tbh.

And they would have a pick before Freo in the rookie draft.

SydneyRox

They wouldn't be the only ones interested though, can imagine West Coast would also be very keen to see him slip from Freo to WC.

valkorum

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 10, 2013, 05:10:04 PM
They wouldn't be the only ones interested though, can imagine West Coast would also be very keen to see him slip from Freo to WC.

And WC will have a pick before us next season as well  (see what I did there)

Grazz

Poor kid having no luck at all. feel for him.  :(

valkorum

Article from late last week saying that LARS could be a possible option for Morabito.  From reports over the weekend it's understood that Mora is keen on getting the knee done and going through rehab in a bid to play again.

He is supposed to be sitting down with the club later this week to discuss his options.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/lars-looms-as-lifeline-for-dockers-midfielder-anthony-morabito/story-e6frf9lf-1226552704574

Grazz

Thats good, i wish him the best of luck, God knows he needs some.

SydneyRox

He might as well try the LARS.

I would agree with what the article says that the LARS should help his confidence if he could be back running in two months, it would be a positive

Grazz

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 14, 2013, 02:40:01 PM
He might as well try the LARS.

I would agree with what the article says that the LARS should help his confidence if he could be back running in two months, it would be a positive

Agreed the kid would be low on confidence right now, whats impresive is his desire still while his confidence is down. I hope whatever he decides to do works and he gets a break in life and live his dream.

anchorman

very sad to see the kid from the Hawks do his knee for the second time as well.Not sure of his name .but was almost there from his first reco. Very sad for kids so young.

valkorum

I was wondering how long it was going to take for this type of article to come out.  I would have put money on that it would have been by Kim Hackdorn but Jay Clarke is close enough

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/morabito-considers-retirement-after-third-serious-knee-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1226554558375

QuoteFREMANTLE knee victim Anthony Morabito could retire from the AFL after tearing his ACL ligament for a third time.

Jroo

Quote from: valkorum on January 16, 2013, 12:27:47 PM
I was wondering how long it was going to take for this type of article to come out.  I would have put money on that it would have been by Kim Hackdorn but Jay Clarke is close enough

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/morabito-considers-retirement-after-third-serious-knee-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1226554558375

QuoteFREMANTLE knee victim Anthony Morabito could retire from the AFL after tearing his ACL ligament for a third time.
I really hope he dosen't retire. I know it's been hard for him, but would be a shame for him and Freo if retired.

SydneyRox

If its true you cant blame him, his confidence must be shot to shower, he wouldn't remember what it was he enjoyed about playing footy, and wondering 'why me'. Must be in an awful frame of mind right now. Should be encouraged not to make too many big decisions.

Wish him all the best, but some guys are just unlucky, his knee may never hold up?