Main Menu

A Gaff

Started by GraysFan, January 07, 2013, 08:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraysFan

Whats everyones thoughts on picking Gaff as a POD?? Better options out there?

hawkers65

Currently in my side! Should look at averaging 105-110, maybe more! The kid is an absolute jet and his games is unbelievably SC friendly.  You never know with the talent of this kid he might even do a Patrick Dangerfield or Dayne Beams did He also had ten scores above 100 in this year and only had less than 20 disposals twice. With the likes of Shuey, Priddis, Selwood and Kerr in the same team i don't seem him getting the tag. Here are his stats from this year.

Goals/Behinds: 9.13
Kick/Handball Ratio: 374/217 Ave. 15.6 kicks per game (7th overall)
Average Marks: 4.8 per game
Average Tackles: 1.4 per game
Frees for: 10
Frees Against: 12
Average Disposals: 24.6
Disposal Efficiency: 75.2% (Elite!)
Contested Possessions Per Game: 8.6
Uncontested Possessions Per Game: 18.6 (2nd overall)
Inside 50s: 4.4 (12th overall)
Clangers Per game: 2.0
Clearances Per Game: 1.7

tbagrocks

Remember though this the DreamTeam section :P

Gaff in his third year in an impressive Eagles team could produce the 100 ave or more, not a risk I want to take at his price

hawkers65

Oh crap sorry! My bad!

tbagrocks

Still though those are impressive stats, to be a keeper though you will need probably 28 odd disposals, some guys went to new levels like Boyd, Swablett, Beams etc. History says new players will step up every year, Watson, Cotchin, Beams had great years, Redden and Rocky the previous.

I'll be looking a Fyfe, Gaff, Dangerfield, D Swallow, Trengove, Wallis, Caddy, Shuey, Sloane, Ziebell, possably some of these could go 105+ but trying to pick the one that does is the tricky but fun bit

Question is though is a third year midfielder to big a risk? Cotch, Danger, Ebert were all fith years, Beams and Sidebum fourth.

GraysFan

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 07, 2013, 10:00:02 PM
Still though those are impressive stats, to be a keeper though you will need probably 28 odd disposals, some guys went to new levels like Boyd, Swablett, Beams etc. History says new players will step up every year, Watson, Cotchin, Beams had great years, Redden and Rocky the previous.

I'll be looking a Fyfe, Gaff, Dangerfield, D Swallow, Trengove, Wallis, Caddy, Shuey, Sloane, Ziebell, possably some of these could go 105+ but trying to pick the one that does is the tricky but fun bit

Question is though is a third year midfielder to big a risk? Cotch, Danger, Ebert were all fith years, Beams and Sidebum fourth.

Gaff is also a number 4 draft pick though? I dont think any of those listed players were top 5. He did life his average by 20 points from first to second year however and a further big jump is possible, especially with those stats, and another full pre season.

tbagrocks

Cothin No 2, Sidedebot, Danger, Ebert 11, 10, 12

Also seriously looking at Daniel Rich

Adamant

I like Gaffy. I can see him and Shuey both improving to around the 100ish mark, but would rather take a punt on Mundy/Fyfe who are both underpriced, yet have shown that they can average 100+.

GraysFan

Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 11:46:41 PM
I like Gaffy. I can see him and Shuey both improving to around the 100ish mark, but would rather take a punt on Mundy/Fyfe who are both underpriced, yet have shown that they can average 100+.

I think im going to go the punt on Gaff, if it works will become a great POD

Adamant

Quote from: GraysFan on January 07, 2013, 11:48:41 PM

Don't blame you at all, the guy is a gun. Hopefully he works out for you if you go through with him.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 11:55:06 PM
Quote from: GraysFan on January 07, 2013, 11:48:41 PM

Don't blame you at all, the guy is a gun. Hopefully he works out for you if you go through with him.

+1