Stevie J vs Cyril vs (fully fit) Daisy vs Jimmy

Started by cortez, January 06, 2013, 10:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which one of the 4 stars would you pick in your forward line?

S. Johnson
C. Rioli
D. Thomas
J. Bartel

cortez

Hey guts tossing up between these four for my last prem starting spot in my forward line. Atm I have Stevie J but very tempted on Cyril who is getting better every year, Daisy should be in for a good year with Ball back but fitness is a worry and Jimmy well he is just Jimmy and a champion! If you could vote that would be great, if you could comment that would be even better:)

Cheers

BB67th

I went for Johnson out of those 4, as I think he is a great player, and on his day he just dominates like no one else and has a great ability to just read the play and use the ball effectively, meaning lots of points. On the downside though, he can go missing at times and can occasionally be shut down by a hard tag.

Rioli is no doubt getting better and could have a real breakout year. I think he could score way more points if left in the midfield, and I think he spends just a little too much time up forward to really score consistently at a high level. He also has a few fitness concerns.

Thomas would be one I would probably steer clear from. He has had a lot of fitness issues, and with people like Ball and even Macaffer coming back and others like Sidey and Beams breaking out, I feel he is losing quite a few points to those players.

Then there is Bartel, who is a champion, but I think may now just be a little too old for his best scoring. Like Rioli, I think it really depends where he is left to play most of his football, and he is spending too much time up forward, where he can't always get to the ball for me.

So, for me, it would be Steve Johnson just, over Rioli in a close second. But Stevie is a real rollercoaster and can have his shockers. Still, I think it's worth going through to get his best, which can be very good. Hope I helped a bit :)

kilbluff1985

Stevie J or Thomas for me

Cyril to much of a chance he will get a vest

Bartel question marks over his age and his scores might decline

Stevie J or Thomas have the most upside for me

and leaning towards Stevie J more as he is a rare decent round 12 bye premo

johnnytheboy1

If Daisy is 100% fit come Round 1 i would be selecting him but if not go with Stevie J he will score well in most games.

Ringo

Stevie J or Daisy for me hard to separate the 2.  Obviously watch Thomas's progress from injury.

JBs-Hawks

Adamant

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 07, 2013, 12:00:02 AM
Too much value in daisy for me, lock him.in.

+1

Daisy is underpriced and should finish in the top 10 forwards by seasons end.

masedog333

ronl

Don't think the way Collngwood is lining up at present really suits Daisy all that much.  I'm willing to take the risk that Stevie has one more big year left, let's face it he'll want to go out in a blaze of glory. Love Cyril but simply doesn't get enough of the pill.

GM

Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 05:04:14 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 07, 2013, 12:00:02 AM
Too much value in daisy for me, lock him.in.

+1

Daisy is underpriced and should finish in the top 10 forwards by seasons end.
We need him to finish top 6 Ada.

quinny88

This all depends on a lot of factors but lets assume they are all fit and ready for round 1 and playing the roles we think they should then I would say Stevie > Daisy > Cyril > Jimmy

jimmytigs

stevie j vs rioli is another that comes up every year,certainly did last year,at least the other 2 have been added to cut out some of the yawn factor,but there is still only 1 choice & that is stevie j,this year made even more easy a choice with his dpp status.Bartel is inconsistent & like they say hes usually asleep for 3 quarters of a game,thomas is inconsistent & injury prone & rioli is terribly injury prone,all 3 are absolute champs & youd have them at your club anytime,but strictly speaking fantasy,its all the way with seviej-btw im going a totally different way this season in my forward line & wont be having any of them,in fact my most expensive forward will be all the way with robbie gray

Sabretooth Tigers

Stevie J just ahead of Cyril purely coz of the HMac factor as it's been a while since the Cats have had a good tap ruckman. But this is the year I think that Cyril may really show what he can do. Either way an upgrade target for me. Cheers.

enzedder

Stevie J because you know at some point he will go bang. Of the 4 he will average/score the most IMO.
Jimmy is an interesting one. Great player who I'd be happy to get if he was going to play in the middle but due to his versitility he gets the utility roles such as playing tall in the forwards. Can see him averaging 95-100 again.
Daisy is a wait and see option now with his moon boot and looks a likely upgrade option.
Cyril for me is more of an upgrade target as well but like Stevie J will pump out some big scores with a few others that will see his price plummet.

Holz

Rioli averaged 115 from round 6 onwards if you exclude the vests. Locked for me