Previous topic - Next topic

which to start? (Forwards)

Cox
18 (54.5%)
Franklin
15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

kilbluff1985

think this is a really tough one if Nic Nat does not play round 1 Cox could work out well

Obese Arachnid

Sorry KB but haven't you answered your own question?

So if Nic Nat is right, you are going to play him & Franklin.
If he's not you're going to play Cox & Franklin.

Unless I'm missing something, I often do, isn't the poll really about Cox v Nic Nat if they are both available?

kilbluff1985

not really, cant really afford both Cox and Franklin in the forward line

if Nic Nat does not play i like the look of Cox better

Obese Arachnid

I see what you mean & definitely either way if Nic Nat isn't playing round one then Cox has to be in the fwds.

You have to Cock & Load in that scenario, imo.

Bones Bombers

I have both in my forward line 8)
While I'm confident that both will be top 10 forwards I would possibly pick Cox over Franklin.
Franklin is obviously a superstar but he is a KPP.
Cox will probably play more forward but atleast some of the game he will play on the ball, possibly giving him more possessions.
His age is the biggest negative but he regularly plays 20 plus games while Buddy can miss a few.

Adamant

Definitely Buddy for me.

While he can be inconsistent, he should be coming into his prime, whereas Cox is (sadly) on the decline...

Both very good options, and Cox should be a handy pick with another R/F link.

masedog333

Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 05:02:49 AM
Definitely Buddy for me.

While he can be inconsistent, he should be coming into his prime, whereas Cox is (sadly) on the decline...

Both very good options, and Cox should be a handy pick with another R/F link.
+1

youl_R_FCK

coxs role has me nervous this year

SydneyRox

My Chumps

Bit worried about Cox's age and roll this year.

He's 31 now, so surely he'll start slowing down eventually?!

Franklin for me.

Sabretooth Tigers

Starting with Cox in the ruck and Ryder up forward and will upgrade another forward to Buddy after 6 or 7 rounds. Nicnat  in after playing 3 or 4 rounds. Reckon that Nicnat, Cox and Ryder could all fit in to the top 10 forward percentages, so depending on how Leuey goes, 2 ruck and 1 forward DPP is the idea at the moment. So Cox for me especially as Nicnat is rumoured to start the season late. Cheers.

upthemaidens

Food for thought...
  In the last 3 seasons  Buddy has played 16,19 and 17 games while Cox has played 22,22 and 22
Thats almost 5 games less per year,  sometimes averages isnt everything
And to add to that Cox gives you dpp flexibility.
      .....like I said  Food for thought ;)

Southstorm

IIRC, Buddy dropped near $100k in the first half dozen games of last season. Since he's starting with a tough draw again I'm considering him as an upgrade

quinny88

Im not certain that I will start with either.
Buddy is obviously very expensive and is destined to drop in price as all forwards have a shocker every now and then.
Cox a star for so long but like others have said, what will his role be? how will age affect him this season?
Will have to wait and see

Mykonos FC

Quote from: quinny88 on January 08, 2013, 01:27:59 AM
Im not certain that I will start with either.
Buddy is obviously very expensive and is destined to drop in price as all forwards have a shocker every now and then.
Cox a star for so long but like others have said, what will his role be? how will age affect him this season?
Will have to wait and see
I agree, if I had to pick one I'd pick Cox as he is DPP, durable and has quite an easier early draw.