Why is everyone picking Cotchin over Watson?

Started by essendon2, January 04, 2013, 07:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

I don't understand it, am I missing something? Jobe shows sheer consistency and amazing talent and he will no doubt back up his 2012 average of 112.5

Cotchin is being hyped by the majority of FF users to average 118... I think this is definitely risky as he will be tagged more often in 2013 and I'm not certain he can break a tag like Watson can.

I just think Watson is a safer pick at the moment, what are your thoughts?

Holz

Quote from: essendon2 on January 04, 2013, 07:47:22 PM
I don't understand it, am I missing something? Jobe shows sheer consistency and amazing talent and he will no doubt back up his 2012 average of 112.5

Cotchin is being hyped by the majority of FF users to average 118... I think this is definitely risky as he will be tagged more often in 2013 and I'm not certain he can break a tag like Watson can.

I just think Watson is a safer pick at the moment, do you guys agree?

the reason is cotchin started slow and he came home strong in the second part of the season. People seem to think he will keep up his late season form. Im going neither

JBs-Hawks

Holz

nostradamus

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on January 04, 2013, 07:59:33 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 04, 2013, 07:58:52 PM
Cos essendon suck :P

I agree but if we follow that rule no goddard.
Essendon certainly have more potential than Richmond..

tbagrocks

I see this thread is going to get ugly! Where's Jukes :P

Football Factory

Quote from: nostradamus on January 04, 2013, 08:01:06 PM
its got to do with the byes too
+ 1 the byes aint helping .. Alot of people will go Swan,Ablett,Pendles and then someone thats not a round 13 premo

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 04, 2013, 08:05:30 PM
I see this thread is going to get ugly! Where's Jukes :P
lol .. i bit my tongue   :P

JBs-Hawks

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nostradamus on January 04, 2013, 08:01:06 PM
its got to do with the byes too

Exactly how many round 13 premos can we have lol GC, Carlton, Pies, Essendon, Adelaide all have round 13 byes

essendon2

Yeah byes don't help i guess, but how much do we think Watson is average in comparison to Cotchin?

Football Factory

Quote from: essendon2 on January 04, 2013, 08:24:07 PM
Yeah byes don't help i guess, but how much do we think Watson is average in comparison to Cotchin?
Im gonna sit on the fence and say they will average the same

Toga

Quote from: essendon2 on January 04, 2013, 08:03:33 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 04, 2013, 07:59:33 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 04, 2013, 07:58:52 PM
Cos essendon suck :P

I agree but if we follow that rule no goddard.
Essendon certainly have more potential than Richmond..

lol ok mate ;)

I'd say people are picking Cotch over Watson simply because Jobe had a career best year this year, winning the Brownlow medal, but is getting to the latter stages of his career. Cotch however had a real breakout year, upped his average by a good 17 points, is young, and should experience further natural development over the next few years, and has recently been named captain of his club, which has in a number of examples (J.Selwood, C.Ward) lead to increased fantasy output.

That's my take on it, and I, for one, will be starting Cotchin or Murphy over Watson!

Football Factory

I think the Bombers and Richmond have alot of potential and both will be up there in the coming years

There's a bit of bias coming through there fella's Toga for Richmond and Essendon2 obviously for the dons.

Their both great players .. i am going to lean towards Cotchin over Watson in dreamteam but are both well worth putting into your team imo

Bones Bombers

I think both these guys are guns and will average about the same. They even play similar I think. Both have shown they can handle the tag and go forward and kick goals.
I don't have either in DT at the moment but I have Jobe in SC.
I plan to have both ASAP.
I too have noticed most teams have Cotch and very few have Jobe, you should just be happy to have a pod.