Boyd or Cotchin

Boyd
16 (42.1%)
Cotchin
22 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 3

jabroni

Quote from: whatlez on January 04, 2013, 06:48:49 PM
Anyone who is putting Boyd in their team next year might as well not enter... lol, bit harsh, but it's the truth.

SydneyRox

Quote from: whatlez on January 04, 2013, 07:41:48 PM
Well FF, Sydney Rox and other smart arses. Is Boyd in your STARTING team atm?

If yes then well I look silly, but if that is a yes then lol @ you.

he isnt! but i do understand why others would, think you may have gone OTP.

tbagrocks

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 06, 2013, 02:36:47 AM

Lez has definatelly lost it! He selected Taylor Walker with pick 16 in the Asians draft :o

He should trade him imediatelly to save some credability!

Seriously though, starting with Boyd imo is a poor idea, couldn't keep the average going with age and emerging superstars around him

Upgrade target once his price falls juicy enough

Windigo

Every year Boyd says he wants to continue to improve.

A good positive mindset.

Football Factory

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 06, 2013, 02:42:53 AM

Lez has definatelly lost it! He selected Taylor Walker with pick 16 in the Asians draft :o

Seriously though, starting with Boyd imo is a poor idea, couldn't keep the average going with age and emerging superstars around him

Its starting to annoy me that selected people are saying starting with Boyd is bad. HE SCORED MORE POINTS THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER IN DREAMTEAM LAST YEAR. Its only bad if he plays like shower and drops heaps .. anyone got a crystal ball .. Swan would be a bad pick if he drops his averge considerably and would be a better upgrade target aswell  ???  Starting with K.Hunt would be bad NOT BOYD

Justin Bieber

If you had back to back picks, you would of taken Walker ;)

Toga

I don't think its so much boyd will be a bad pick, i think its more so there are other blokes (e.g. Pendles, Cotch, Murphy) that have more upside and could increase their averages to the tune of boyd's, but are cheaper, making them better selections (albeit maybe with a bit of risk).

Football Factory

Quote from: Toga on January 06, 2013, 06:06:59 PM
I don't think its so much boyd will be a bad pick, i think its more so there are other blokes (e.g. Pendles, Cotch, Murphy) that have more upside and could increase their averages to the tune of boyd's, but are cheaper, making them better selections (albeit maybe with a bit of risk).
Why is the cheaper guy a better selection? Im not going to say Murphy is a bad pick cos he's not but he had a nasty shoulder injury/surgery last year and has had another operation in the off season aswell as a minor knee op .. so some players are cheaper for obvious reasons .. Cotchin is only 20K less than Boyd, 20k aint gonna make much difference.

Toga

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 06, 2013, 06:48:36 PM
Why is the cheaper guy a better selection? Im not going to say Murphy is a bad pick cos he's not but he had a nasty shoulder injury/surgery last year and has had another operation in the off season aswell as a minor knee op .. so some players are cheaper for obvious reasons .. Cotchin is only 20K less than Boyd, 20k aint gonna make much difference.

The cheaper guy is a better option if they jave the potential to out score Boyd in 2013. As I said, there is some risk involved, but if you think Cotchin will go 115 and Boyd might go 110, why wouldn't you pick Cotchin!

^btw those numbers are hypothetical lol but do you know what I mean?

Football Factory

Quote from: Toga on January 06, 2013, 06:59:02 PM

The cheaper guy is a better option if they jave the potential to out score Boyd in 2013. As I said, there is some risk involved, but if you think Cotchin will go 115 and Boyd might go 110, why wouldn't you pick Cotchin!

Because Boyd is a proven scorer .. and he's consistent/durable worth the extra cash imo .. but i dont actually have him at the moment  :-X i just cant understand why he would be a bad pick considering he sored the most points in DT in 2012

ShaynoB

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 06, 2013, 05:00:11 PM

Its starting to annoy me that selected people are saying starting with Boyd is bad. HE SCORED MORE POINTS THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER IN DREAMTEAM LAST YEAR. Its only bad if he plays like shower and drops heaps .. anyone got a crystal ball .. Swan would be a bad pick if he drops his averge considerably and would be a better upgrade target aswell  ???  Starting with K.Hunt would be bad NOT BOYD

+1

Boyd is only 30!! He will easily b in the top 8 MIDS for the year (unless serious injury occurs - which who can forsee that)...

Durable, has a massive ceiling and rarely has a bad game!

tbagrocks

Boyd's possession count has increased every year, why would this stop now? Sure he needs over 33 a game to do so :P

Still, I won't be paying that much for any player! All are upgrade targets for me, saving cash and going with the improvers :D

Ziplock

Quote from: Toga on January 06, 2013, 06:59:02 PM

because that's all speculation :P It's far more likely for a young player averaging 110 for the first time to drop in average, than a player who's average 115 for the past 3 years to.

Windigo

Lol, I wonder what the man himself would say about all this. I wonder if he even knows he is an absolute DT gun.  :P

-Probably is aware of it.  ;)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Windigo on January 06, 2013, 08:40:33 PM
Lol, I wonder what the man himself would say about all this. I wonder if he even knows he is an absolute DT gun.  :P

-Probably is aware of it.  ;)
If he made himself captain he'd probably kick more!