Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd or Cotchin

Boyd
16 (42.1%)
Cotchin
22 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Football Factory

Both players are Dt guns .. Boyd averaged 115 in 2012   .. Cotchin averaged 111 in 2012

Boyd captain of the Doggies costs a little more but has been a scoring machine for years and averaged more last year

Cotchin broke out last year and looks to be a bloody good player, now has the captaincy.

It seems they both can handle the tag

They both have the round 11 bye

Not sure who to start with .. thanks   :)

Boyd  $593,700       Cotchin  $570,200

Windigo

Not many are locking in Boyd next year from the looks of it. Could be a great POD for you side. I just wanna see how Cotch goes next year a few games in with the captaincy and even more scrutiny from the opposition.

Cannot go wrong with either though!  ;)

Holz

every year apparenlty boyd is too old. By season end everyone has him in the squad.

Boyd is a much safer option, I know the cotchin bandwagon is huge but im not convinced. I woudl say neither but from the two I would actually go boyd.

Boyd will as he normally does go around 115 and score well every week.

GM

Currently i have both.
I have had Boyd in my starting line up for 3 years,he is a gun.
This year i think he would be a great pod as lots of teams that have been posted have cotch.
Both will be top 8 i would expect at the end of the year.
I do think cotch will have a lot closer tag this year as he seems to be more damaging ie,kicks more goals than boydy.
If Boydy looks fresh and sharp in the nab ,i would start with him.

Football Factory

Quote from: Holzman on January 04, 2013, 04:15:34 PM
every year apparenlty boyd is too old. By season end everyone has him in the squad.

Boyd is a much safer option, I know the cotchin bandwagon is huge but im not convinced. I woudl say neither but from the two I would actually go boyd.

Thanks Holzman .. Reasoning behind neither ?  Are you one of many that are going the cheaper Midfield premos Stants,Redden 

I agree they will make you cash and end up in the top 8 premo's but i cant seem to make a massive difference to my team starting with guys like Stants,Redden etc unless i select them over Ablett and Swan which im not willing to do .. With the extra trades it shouldnt effect me much when it comes to upgrading my team.

I guess im going about it differently to others .. make my cash from rooks on the bubble like most years and then upgrade to the next best mids available.

Quote from: Windigo on January 04, 2013, 04:12:30 PM
Not many are locking in Boyd next year from the looks of it. Could be a great POD for you side. I just wanna see how Cotch goes next year a few games in with the captaincy and even more scrutiny from the opposition.

Cannot go wrong with either though!  ;)
Yeah thats the problem only have room for 1 of them with Swanny,Yablett and Pendles

Quote from: greenmoon on January 04, 2013, 04:18:08 PM
Currently i have both.
I have had Boyd in my starting line up for 3 years,he is a gun.
This year i think he would be a great pod as lots of teams that have been posted have cotch.
Both will be top 8 i would expect at the end of the year.
I do think cotch will have a lot closer tag this year as he seems to be more damaging ie,kicks more goals than boydy.
If Boydy looks fresh and sharp in the nab ,i would start with him.
Boyd is seeming like the way to go .. i like the sound of Boyd as a POD

Windigo

Haha, TBH if I came up against a side with Swan, Ablett, Pendles & Boyd. I'd be more concerned, than if you had Cotchin over Boyd. It just 'looks' better.  :P

But people cannot dis-respect Boyd. He was the number one DT option last year. In terms of overall points.  ;)

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on January 04, 2013, 04:32:37 PM
Haha, TBH if I came up against a side with Swan, Ablett, Pendles & Boyd. I'd be more concerned, than if you had Cotchin over Boyd. It just 'looks' better.  :P

But people cannot dis-respect Boyd. He was the number one DT option last year. In terms of overall points.  ;)
Definitely leaning towards Boyd at the moment cheers bud

masedog333

SydneyRox

I am not starting either ATM. Dont trust Cotchin just yet (or Richmond for that matter) and I think Boyd may struggle, they have a rough draw and he carries a lot of weight in the midfield.
By season end I expect to have one - maybe both, but I am confident not starting them and picking GAJ, Swan/Pendles is the better option

Grazz

Boyd youd think simply because he's done it time and time again, tends to make you feel more confident of the same.

Holz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 04, 2013, 04:26:57 PM

Thanks Holzman .. Reasoning behind neither ?  Are you one of many that are going the cheaper Midfield premos Stants,Redden 

I agree they will make you cash and end up in the top 8 premo's but i cant seem to make a massive difference to my team starting with guys like Stants,Redden etc unless i select them over Ablett and Swan which im not willing to do .. With the extra trades it shouldnt effect me much when it comes to upgrading my team.

I guess im going about it differently to others .. make my cash from rooks on the bubble like most years and then upgrade to the next best mids available.

No I never cheap out on the mids.

Im locking in Swan and Ablett just becasue they are a level above anyone else in the competiton and should comformatably be 1 and 2 again.

I than have pendles as i think he will go 115+ and will probably be the 3rd best this year.

Murphy is massively undervalued and i can see him going 110-115  the injury really held him back and Carlton under Malthouse i think will be a powerhouse.

Now M5 is where i woudl be looking to fit these guys in my squad as those 4 are locked in. I just cant afford them to be honest my first 4 take up a huge chunk of cash. Im not entirley conivnced with cotchin he could very well go 120+ but can re replicate his end of season, im not sure. I woudl go boyd but for me Mundy is very underpriced. I did some stats and he averages around 110 with fyfe in the squad, I have him down as M5 for a 105 average.

To put it simply Cotchin and Boyd arent in my opinion goign to rise (i.e better value elsewhere) and they are not at the level of swan and ablett who I dont exepct/care if they increase their average if they can keep it is good enough for me.

If boyd and cotchin are keeping their aveage I will just upgrade to them.

Football Factory

Quote from: Holzman on January 04, 2013, 05:14:21 PM

Im locking in Swan and Ablett just becasue they are a level above anyone else in the competiton and should comformatably be 1 and 2 again.

I than have pendles as i think he will go 115+ and will probably be the 3rd best this year.

Murphy is massively undervalued and i can see him going 110-115  the injury really held him back and Carlton under Malthouse i think will be a powerhouse.

Now M5 is where i woudl be looking to fit these guys in my squad as those 4 are locked in. I just cant afford them to be honest my first 4 take up a huge chunk of cash. Im not entirley conivnced with cotchin he could very well go 120+ but can re replicate his end of season, im not sure. I woudl go boyd but for me Mundy is very underpriced. I did some stats and he averages around 110 with fyfe in the squad, I have him down as M5 for a 105 average.

To put it simply Cotchin and Boyd arent in my opinion goign to rise (i.e better value elsewhere) and they are not at the level of swan and ablett who I dont exepct/care if they increase their average if they can keep it is good enough for me.

Ahh fair enough .. the only reason im not going Murphy is because i already have Swan,Yablett and Pendles dont want to start with 4 premo round 13 bye players.. but yes he is underpriced by 60-70k

Holz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 04, 2013, 05:23:05 PM

Ahh fair enough .. the only reason im not going Murphy is because i already have Swan,Yablett and Pendles dont want to start with 4 premo round 13 bye players.. but yes he is underpriced by 60-70k

with 30 trades this year im seriosuly thinking maybee a straight swap to a boyd come round 13. As you said probably nets you 50k and will probably net you 40 or so points. For me thats almost worth a trade.

Football Factory

Quote from: Holzman on January 04, 2013, 05:29:59 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 04, 2013, 05:23:05 PM

with 30 trades this year im seriosuly thinking maybee a straight swap to a boyd come round 13. As you said probably nets you 50k and will probably net you 40 or so points. For me thats almost worth a trade.
Not a bad idea .. last year i needed about an extra 6 trades .. so i dont know if i would be sideways trading, unless i dont go silly like i normally do early  ;D

Justin Bieber

Anyone who is putting Boyd in their team next year might as well not enter... lol, bit harsh, but it's the truth.