Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?

Cotchin
34 (69.4%)
Dangerfield
15 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 2

kilbluff1985

very interested in this result think it will be close both guys coming off breakout seasons both priced about the same i think

both semi risky considering only really one solid season

should hide this thread from TBAG lol

CrowsFan

You asking who will score more or who will win the brownlow? :P

GM

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 04, 2013, 01:29:27 PM
very interested in this result think it will be close both guys coming off breakout seasons both priced about the same i think

both semi risky considering only really one solid season

should hide this thread from TBAG lol
Taylor Walker ;) Cotchin for me

tbagrocks

Both men will be in the top 8, here's some interesting number crunches from when both dominated the last 8 rounds

Cotchen Rd 16-23, 29.5 disposals  at 125.5
Danger Rd 16-23, 29.25 disposals at 138

Also interesting is they were born only two days apart :o

Once again, even though Danger finished two points a game higher, lol at the Victorian bias ::)

I'll be starting with both ;)

Nige

tbagrocks

Also, can people please tell me why they thing Cotch is more of a lock even though Danger out scored him? I really want to know this! Thanks :D, imo Danger is the best midfielder in South Australia since Andrew McLeod and could be the best to play AFL in this state, so why is Cotchen better ???

masedog333

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 04, 2013, 03:50:34 PM
Also, can people please tell me why they thing Cotch is more of a lock even though Danger out scored him? I really want to know this! Thanks :D, imo Danger is the best midfielder in South Australia since Andrew McLeod and could be the best to play AFL in this state, so why is Cotchen better ???

tbag, mate, you are so biased towards the crows its not funny. cotchin is going to be as good as gary ablett was in three years. dangerfield i agree is a champion, but he doesn't have the same footballing ability as cotchin. cotchin is an all round great player, he adds many factors to his game such as being able to go forward and take contested marks and kick a bag. they will both be in the next best players for the 5 years but you don't have to get so angry and act like a smart ass when people are just give their opinions. thanks buddy

SydneyRox

Cant believe the poll result ATM. Dangerfield IMO is the better option, and will no doubt be in my starting team.

If this was a DT discussion I would favour Cotchin, but Dangerfield is SC gold.

tbagrocks

masedog i'm not getting angrey or being a smart ass, the poll is quite one sided even though Danger had a bigger average, so I asked a simple question on why this was the case, I wanted to hear peoples opinions on why they thing Cotchen is the better pick, rarther than just saying "Cotchen" I actually want to hear why!

GM

In the end tbag it probably just comes down to personal preference.Both are guns.
Danger will be a good pod.
We all have differing opinions.
If we didn't life would be boring.

Nige

Quote from: greenmoon on January 04, 2013, 05:50:36 PM
In the end tbag it probably just comes down to personal preference.Both are guns.
Danger will be a good pod.
We all have differing opinions.
If we didn't life would be boring.

This is basically why I said Cotch. It's personal preference and maybe a bit of bias. If everyone says Cotch as is going to pick him then by all means go get Danger, you'll have a POD and I'm sure he'll do equally as well.

Bones Bombers

Can anyone tell me their SC averages from 2010 and 2011?
I think Cotch has always been a mid while Danger played more forward. I may be wrong.
This may explain people preferring Cotch. I like to start with players who have been doing it for more than one season.
At this point I won't be starting either. Can't fit them in with Ablett, Swan, Watson and Murphy. But things may change by rd1.

My Chumps

Cotchin is WAY more consistent, (Standard Deviation of 20.1) than Dangerfield (SD of 28.3), which is a big factor for me when deciding between premiums.

I also think Richmond SHOULD improve next season which will help Cotch's scoring. I can't see Adelaide getting much better.

I'd say I'll end up with both in my team by the end of the season, but mainly because of the consistency, I'll be starting with Cotch.

tbagrocks

Right you are Bone! Danger only started regularly appearing in the guts in late 2011 when Bicks took over, but it wasn't until last year he got the gig. Then he was more a hard ball winner, getting little outside ball, but, as the year went on he started learning how to dominate the midfield, by the end of the year he was getting plenty of run and carry as well. Sure he had a poor finals series but he will learn from that!

Both men will most likely take over from Swan and Ablett in a couple of years, if that's even possible :P

2010, 2011, 2012
Cotch 78, 100, 116
Danger 69, 80, 118

Dangerfield's not really inconsistant at all, he got more consistancy as the year went on, last 8 games had a low of 110, a season low of 86, he's 23 this year, more consistancy will follow, remember it was his first full year in the midfield!

Southstorm

The thing that most turns me off Dangerfield is the prospect of a good tagger on him week in, week out. Unless I'm talking crap (could be likely) the main tag always went to Scotty T. while Cotchin had the tag with him every round.

Also, round 13 bye.