Which one?

Cotchin
34 (69.4%)
Dangerfield
15 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 2

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: My Chumps on January 04, 2013, 06:53:33 PM
Cotchin is WAY more consistent, (Standard Deviation of 20.1) than Dangerfield (SD of 28.3), which is a big factor for me when deciding between premiums.

I also think Richmond SHOULD improve next season which will help Cotch's scoring. I can't see Adelaide getting much better.

I'd say I'll end up with both in my team by the end of the season, but mainly because of the consistency, I'll be starting with Cotch.

Agree on the Richmond improving and crows probably going slightly backwards in term of win/loss ratio so should be more points on offer.

But danger will still slightly score better but cotchin has a better bye

tbagrocks

Quote from: Southstorm on January 04, 2013, 07:47:44 PM
The thing that most turns me off Dangerfield is the prospect of a good tagger on him week in, week out. Unless I'm talking crap (could be likely) the main tag always went to Scotty T. while Cotchin had the tag with him every round.

Also, round 13 bye.
Danger got his fair share of tags, Sloane also gets it, Thommo will get it less as these two grow yep (please, please call him Thommo ;))

Danger is the sort of player a tag won't have much influence on, he's to quick, powerful and attacks it to hard!

Footyrulz

dangerfield for an incredible end to the season plus a bit of uniqueness. i think there is so much bias towards cotchin just because he is victorian.

Phasir

Dangermouse is a Victorian too.. he just plays for a team in shower australia
I mean "south" australia*

Obese Arachnid

Nothing to do with Vic bias. It has more to do with people being people, especially in a Supercoach scenario.

"Danger has burn't me in the past". "I picked Danger two yrs ago to breakout."

"Cotchin is the brand new penny".

Not being derogatory to either player, just that maybe a large part of WHY.

Dayze

First time writing. Big fan of the site!

Both players are insane supercoach jets of the future. Good to see the next wave of guns ready to take over (eventually) from ablett and swan. Cotchin looks so similar to ablett when he plays. I reckon that's why people are so swept up with him and his progression was more gradual than dangerfield.
Both players will learn to deal with the tag. Both have different attributes that when used are honestly untaggable. When dangerfield Hits a pack at his top speed which is obviously ridiculous at 90odd kilos who can stop that?

Both are locks for me, I hope dangerfield stays one of my PODs I feel very confident.

TheAnt

First of all some points I noticed in this thread-
Look at who Dangerfield played the final 8 rounds... Cotchin played against better teams.
Cotchins always been a superstar in the making, he just needed full pre-seasons, he's only had 1, and this is his second, with a bigger tank will be even better in 2013. He has the Gazza hunch too, which means you know he'll do well.

Sabretooth Tigers

Won't vote on this one, can't and don't see the need to seperate them. As a question to get peoples point of views on their preferences between the two, I still can't split them. Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Murphy and Fyfe are all locked and loaded. Cheers. Although considering swapping Mundy in for Pendles ( don't believe the price/points balance  is anywhere near accurate ) in order to gain better team scoring balance. Cheers.

tbagrocks

That's all fine and good, but who would you compare Dangerfield to? The exeleration from packs of a Goodes, the hitting the ball like Robbo, the slotting goals like Buckley

Just who did Danger play in those last eight games where he averaged 138?

GWS, Essendon, Brisbane Gold Coast, Melbourne yes, he played these guys

However he also did this

Rd 17 v West Coast 138
Rd 18 v Geelong 133
Rd 20 v  Fremantle 187

the arguement on who he played (as usual as it does not seem to matter at all who people play to when they score) is floored

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 05, 2013, 03:52:52 AM
Won't vote on this one, can't and don't see the need to seperate them. As a question to get peoples point of views on their preferences between the two, I still can't split them. Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Murphy and Fyfe are all locked and loaded. Cheers.

good luck in round 13 ::)

blue

Quote from: My Chumps on January 04, 2013, 06:53:33 PM
Cotchin is WAY more consistent, (Standard Deviation of 20.1) than Dangerfield (SD of 28.3), which is a big factor for me when deciding between premiums.

I also think Richmond SHOULD improve next season which will help Cotch's scoring. I can't see Adelaide getting much better.

I'd say I'll end up with both in my team by the end of the season, but mainly because of the consistency, I'll be starting with Cotch.

every year people think that the tigers are chance before round one and then they get smashed by the blues and there dream is over. I would take danger over cotch

vmac66

This is off topic and I do say sorry . .
Just trying to catch tags for his thoughts  on b smith . .
Will he get more time in the mids . .,worth a spot in the back line in super coach . .,?

mudgee

Does anyone else think that Crouch might take some points off of Danger? Very similar players...

My Chumps

Quote from: mudgee on January 05, 2013, 06:11:29 PM
Does anyone else think that Crouch might take some points off of Danger? Very similar players...
Surely not in Crouch's first year... maybe in one or two.

Adamant

Danger is an absolute jet, by I would go Cotchin out of the two.

I'm going neither though. :o