will josh kennady (swans) inprove on last year?

Started by lordy9, January 03, 2013, 01:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordy9

just wondering if this guy will inprove on last year because i think he can take it up another level and theres not many round 12 midfeilders to pick from and his quiet unique as well?? what do use reackon??? cheers  :P

owenbond007

Pretty consistent in his scoring, would be a good unique - dont know if hell improve much though, wont be in my top 10 mids by years end.

stew42

Basically, see this article: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67894.msg887210.html#msg887210

He's no 1 in the AFL in:

• Handballs
  • Clearances
  • Contested Possessions
So basically, he is SC god.

He averaged 28.4 disposals, 1.1 goals and 5 tackles per game in 2012. If he can lift that to about the 30 disposal mark, then he can become DT elite (like is is in SC). Unfortunately, I don't see this happening, as there are other Swans who will also improve, such as Jack, Hanners and even Ro'K (who averaged something like 140 in the finals series. Age, schmage!)

Smokey for Brownlow 2013 though. I reckon he'll get more votes than Fyfe.

SydneyRox

The way JPK plays he is much more suited to the Supercoach scoring system. He wins contested footy, does the 1% and tackles.
His DT scores have always been a little lower because he tends to dig the ball out rather than receive. Having said that he really lifted his goal scoring last year, kicking 24 goals (up from 10 in 2011)
He is a certain lock for me in SC, but will not probably make my starting team for DT.
Consistency is his big strength, so expect a 105 odd average for the year, but not too many 130+ scores.

kilbluff1985

yeah i'm not considering him for dreamteam

But he has been in and out of my supercoach team cant decide between JPK, K.Jack, Priddis or A.Swallow to get a round 12 bye premo mid into my team

Windigo

lordy9

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 03, 2013, 03:52:23 PM

But he has been in and out of my supercoach team cant decide between JPK, K.Jack, Priddis or A.Swallow to get a round 12 bye premo mid into my team
I no there is just no round 12 mids!!! i wont to go swallow but meh im not sure??

kilbluff1985

Quote from: lordy9 on January 03, 2013, 03:55:15 PM

I no there is just no round 12 mids!!! i wont to go swallow but meh im not sure??

i just made a poll on the supercoach board about round 12 mids so might help us out :P

lordy9

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 03, 2013, 04:02:46 PM
Quote from: lordy9 on January 03, 2013, 03:55:15 PM

i just made a poll on the supercoach board about round 12 mids so might help us out :P
sweet i will take a look!!! ;)

tbagrocks

Just remember people that JPK has like a 20 point dofference between DT and SC, not all good SC'ers score well in DT, however we have 8 mids now so he can make a 7-8th mid nicely but would still need to slightly lift his disposals as he handballs to much

SydneyRox

His kick to HB ratio is certainly not great (1.3HB to 1) but Stew hit the nail on the head, he needs to lift his overall possession count above 30 to become an elite DT scorer.

Adamant

Can't really see him improving to a 110 average, and he wont finish in the top 8 mids.

Capper

my thoughts
Quote from: tabs on September 11, 2012, 01:20:07 AM
Good write up Stew.

For me it was interesting that JPK learnt from last year and was able to play alot better whilst getting the tag every week.

Last year he was outstanding in the NAB cup and then struggled with the tag throughout the year going from 50-120. This year much more consistent with not only his DT stats but his SC as well.

If you pick a player from the Swans in your DT mids next year its JPK, SC i got to go with KJack.
KJack is cheaper and a better pick for SC than JPK
Quote from: tabs on November 26, 2012, 07:38:11 PM
Move over Patrick Dempsey there is a new McDreamy in town, JPK!!! What cant he do?? He was the winner of the "Bob Skilton" medal for the Swans best and fairest in 2012 and played pivotal roles in the qualifying and preliminary finals this year. Absolute ball magnet and unlike 2011, he has learnt to score well whilst being tagged. He is an absolute lock in all XV leagues and must be in consideration for DT and SC teams. $638k is a lot to pay for a mid in SC when it isn’t GAJ or Swan but he plays GWS and GC in his first2 games, so you know he is worth a punt. If you don’t get him at the start of the DT or SC season, then imo he must be in line as an upgrade target.

The_Captain

Mr.Craig