Main Menu

Chris Judd

Started by Bluesman, January 02, 2013, 10:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesman

Couldn't find a SC profile on him.
Have never had him in my side, but with 8 mids this year I think he is tempting. Especially seeing Mick wants to take the pressure off him through the middle and Murph getting more of the attention/tag as he improves. I can see Juddy spending his fair share in the middle but then resting in the forward line (ala D. Jarman) to kick a couple of goals when required... thoughts on this thinking??

Speculator

He is currently in my sc side. Flying under the radar so far.

basil3134

If Murphy becomes Captain surely he will be tagged heavily so Judd can be let off the leash more.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: basil3134 on January 02, 2013, 11:54:37 AM
If Murphy becomes Captain surely he will be tagged heavily so Judd can be let off the leash more.
Huh? What does captaincy have to do with it?
Would you tag Swan or Maxwell? Haha

Ziplock

Obese Arachnid

tbagrocks

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 03, 2013, 01:14:03 AM
Beams

:P

Only a plus 0.5 :), just wondering with Ball back will that again give him less mid time.
Having said that, i have a suspicion they may give Beamer, some of Swans mid time & Swanny might play a bit more of a fwd role this year.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on January 03, 2013, 01:26:37 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 03, 2013, 01:14:03 AM
Beams

:P

Only a plus 0.5 :), just wondering with Ball back will that again give him less mid time.
Having said that, i have a suspicion they may give Beamer, some of Swans mid time & Swanny might play a bit more of a fwd role this year.
I tend to agree, though Swanny reportingly going as well as ever in pre-season training so... It's unlickly he will play on much into his thirties so the need to preserve him is less, so Swan could still play his normal role, with forward stints. That's just my opinion

I was worried about a forward role but it has been questioned for a while that he might retire early? How early is unknown, next year if he wins a flag? What worries me more is Ablett, preserving him until the Suns are legit is far more of a concern for me! If they don't preserve Gaz and he dominates the midfield for three more years, when the Suns are up Gaz will be out! So a serious problem there for the Suns imo

shorty3264

Juddy is no dount flying under the radar, will be the first year for a long time that he won't recieve a whole lot of tagging pressure. but the worry is how much forward time he will have.

Southstorm

Personally I think the sooner GAJ goes, the better it will be for the Suns in the long term. Don't have any science behind my beliefs but less Gary means more room for other, younger, ball magnets to emerge. 

I can see Judd and Murphy co-existing well together though, I'll be starting Murph however. Judd has a screaming kid to keep him awake at night.

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: Southstorm on January 03, 2013, 01:53:24 AM
Personally I think the sooner GAJ goes, the better it will be for the Suns in the long term. Don't have any science behind my beliefs but less Gary means more room for other, younger, ball magnets to emerge. 

I can see Judd and Murphy co-existing well together though, I'll be starting Murph however. Judd has a screaming kid to keep him awake at night.

Sound proposition, could send GAJ to the Pies then.

tbagrocks

Might serve the Suns better if Garry misses 12 weeks :P

His dad was an all time great forward, could Junior finish out in the forward line for his last few years? Leaving Swallow, Bennell, O'Meara, Broughton etc to carry the midfield?

shorty3264

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 03, 2013, 01:59:04 AM

Might serve the Suns better if Garry misses 12 weeks :P

His dad was an all time great forward, could Junior finish out in the forward line for his last few years? Leaving Swallow, Bennell, O'Meara, Broughton etc to carry the midfield?
No doubt GAJ will play his final years up forward, and with great success I'd imagine, his core strenght and overhead marking would make him extremely tough to match up on.

But if he's going anywhere, he'd be returning to the cattery.

SydneyRox

Back on track, Juddy.... was a Fantasy staple, will be interesting to see how not having the captaincy effects his game. His is surely still the No1 tag for Carlton? I have also think Murphy will score more overall, so cant/wont find room for both of them in the starting team.
Considering Carltons run home, Judd could be the perfect post byes inclusion.