Do you have the balls to get your HIGG INS?

Started by Ziplock, January 01, 2013, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Higgins reminds me of when i was a kid and ate to much shortbread biscuits , cant even think about it without getting nauseous. :-\

Ziplock

haha! did the same thing with chocolate one easter! woke up at 5am and ate like the eggs intended for 6 children... couldn't eat chocolate for years and copped a hiding from my older cousins :P

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock link=topic=70316.msg 985837#msg 985837 date=1360508281
haha! did the same thing with chocolate one easter! woke up at 5am and ate like the eggs intended for 6 children... couldn't eat chocolate for years and copped a hiding from my older cousins :P

lol almost parallel my story, my Aunt made up trays of shortbread biscuits for me my brother and cousins. All night i was sneaking into the kitchen and grabbing handfuls of them until i got crook and boy was i crook, like a scene from the exorcist it was. Haven't been able to stomach them since. Have a similar tale about Bundaberg Rum later in life, cant stand the smell of it now. :P

SydneyRox

higgins could come out and avg 120 this yeat, and i would still be fine with not picking him to start.

Nails

Really beginning to think starting team doesn't matter THAT much this year...

If you get a really great unique who kills it, people will just trade him in after 2 rounds, if someone is killing it, trade 'em in. You can fix a shower starting team too easy this year.

Ziplock

or, you can trade in chad cornes after 2 rounds ;)

Grazz

Quote from: Nails on February 11, 2013, 03:21:48 AM
Really beginning to think starting team doesn't matter THAT much this year...

If you get a really great unique who kills it, people will just trade him in after 2 rounds, if someone is killing it, trade 'em in. You can fix a shower starting team too easy this year.

Tend to agree Nails, you may get a week or two jump on the rest of the field before everyone has jumped on. The key now is how quick you can fill up with prems. Your starting team for rnd 1 is still important but nowhere near as in the past as mistakes are easily fixed with no real damage done apart from your opposition gaining a cash cow etc that week while your fixing a mistake and gaining an advantage on you that way. I feel alot of coaches will opt for cookie cutter sides where they are more assured of points and leave the riskier options untill its glaringly obvious that a certain player is worth jumping on. Those that gamble and take a risk with POD's from rnd 1 that pay off will have a big advantage as ive got a gut feeling that a clever coach who gets a jump on the field is going to be alot harder to run down than in the past.

Vincent

fractured and dislocated right elbow
broken ankle
groin issues
adductor
OP
thyroiditis
calf injury
hamstring
knee

He gets injured during matches so even with the extra trades he is too risky. I don't want a guy who is made out of tissue and can score 20 at any time.

Justin Bieber

Yeah I read Rids article. Doesn't look good for missy lol

Windigo

Quote from: Vincent on February 11, 2013, 07:20:25 PM
fractured and dislocated right elbow
broken ankle
groin issues
adductor
OP
thyroiditis
calf injury
hamstring
knee

He gets injured during matches so even with the extra trades he is too risky. I don't want a guy who is made out of tissue and can score 20 at any time.

All the evidence I need to make a judgement.....

NO.  8)

Football Factory

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2013, 12:54:15 PM
or, you can trade in chad cornes after 2 rounds ;)
Cant this year i think he's injured for the first 12 rounds atleast

meow meow

*Reports that the Etihad surface is rock hard.
*Higgins misses the next week

A little birdy told me that Higgo has a fractured/broken bone in his foot.