Do you have the balls to get your HIGG INS?

Started by Ziplock, January 01, 2013, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on February 10, 2013, 02:08:30 AM
what bench ruckman could  you possibly have who'd outscore even an unfit burger :S

ahh but thats forgeting the most important part of the rule forget about positions.

My current Ruckline is Goldy Sandi.

I got the money to upgrade Burger to sandi by either downgrading a back premo to a back rookie.

Or a forward premo to varcoe/byrnes

people say burger is great value as a ruck but really varcoe could easily outscore burger.

Ziplock

haha, I really doubt it.

on one hand, you have a bloke coming off a serious injury who's averaged at a premium level before

on the other hand you have another bloke coming off a serious injury who's never averaged over 75 before.

I'm personally going to just wait and see how berger runs out the NAB

Nails

Berger is a Burger with the lot at Plain Hamburger price

He costs how much a plain hamburger does, but will taste like a tasty one with the lot.

Get on, flower Varcoe off.

Colliwobblers

Holzman speaks much wisdom.

and Nails is a poet - that is so beautifully put my friend.

Varcoe has been in my team most preseason only risk of him going is byrnes i think...

still if berger is fit he is a starter for me as a cash cow or a keeper IF HE IS FIT he is a lock.

on higgins and sylvia and hartlett and chaplin and several others that are either coming off injury or prone to injury, it is a gamble to pick them but with the new trade rules the cost of losing the bet is far less this season,

all fantasy fotball is a gamble, don't pick ablett he is expensive and may start slow, stevie J usualy does swan might, the gamble there is paying too much vs missing out on a massive score your opponent gets...

the rooks, might be named round one and flying in nab cup but may never play again.... or spud up in the real games or be vested every game, you just don't know so you do your homework and you

GAMBLE.

i won't be starting higgins, or sylivia or hartlett imo  ;D

Holz

Alot of the skill this year will be picking which patches to target players.

Higgins starts with lions, freo, richmond, adeliade, gellong so not the greatest start.

A guy like hartlett who basically is the backline version of higgins

demonds, gws, crows, gc

Adamant

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Adamant on February 10, 2013, 02:56:08 AM
Did anyone read the link I posted?

yes quite funny, nothing new on higgins there but amusingly put.

I did take something out of the comments on using trades to remove injured or poor performing for that matter players are a total waste.

fact is if you pick risky picks sure you can trade them out with your two trades a week....

but you have to ask yourself while you are doing that with your trades, what is your opponent (everyone else) doing with their trades to improve their team instead of fix it like you have to.....

Ziplock

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 10, 2013, 03:01:25 AM
Quote from: Adamant on February 10, 2013, 02:56:08 AM
Did anyone read the link I posted?

yes quite funny, nothing new on higgins there but amusingly put.

I did take something out of the comments on using trades to remove injured or poor performing for that matter players are a total waste.

fact is if you pick risky picks sure you can trade them out with your two trades a week....

but you have to ask yourself while you are doing that with your trades, what is your opponent (everyone else) doing with their trades to improve their team instead of fix it like you have to.....
they'll be using them to get higgins in ;)

personally I'm hoping for only at 85 odd average from higgins over the first handful of rounds- that way people wont jump on him and reap his 100+ average this year.

mwhahahahaha

SydneyRox

Quote from: Holzman on February 10, 2013, 02:55:34 AM
Alot of the skill this year will be picking which patches to target players.

Higgins starts with lions, freo, richmond, adeliade, gellong so not the greatest start.

A guy like hartlett who basically is the backline version of higgins

demonds, gws, crows, gc

Now that is some wisdom shared people!

Nails

Higgins last 3 scores against Lions: 93, 81, 109

Freo: 90, 82, 30 (assuming injury)

Richmond: 114, 84, 106 (though the most recent tiges game was 2010)

essendon2

Quote from: Nails on February 10, 2013, 04:51:12 AM
Higgins last 3 scores against Lions: 93, 81, 109

Freo: 90, 82, 30 (assuming injury)

Richmond: 114, 84, 106 (though the most recent tiges game was 2010)
+1 I researched this a while ago, he has a dream start. and first games at etihad!

Football Factory

My balls shrivle thinking about Higgins .. i might pick him up in Fantasy Elite tho

Nails

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 10, 2013, 01:39:08 PM
My balls shrivle thinking about Higgins .. i might pick him up in Fantasy Elite tho

Not if I pick him up first ;)

Football Factory

Quote from: Nails on February 10, 2013, 06:51:48 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 10, 2013, 01:39:08 PM

Not if I pick him up first ;)
Pick him up with your first pick .. No 3  ;)

stew42

F1 in my smokey team... join a league with me!