Do you have the balls to get your HIGG INS?

Started by Ziplock, January 01, 2013, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

haha mate, you've just made my case for higgins, and destroyed your own, cheers.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on January 01, 2013, 07:23:52 PM
haha mate, you've just made my case for higgins, and destroyed your own, cheers.
That's just silly, how the frog did you come to that conclusion :o

I made a case for all young midfielders with dpp averaging under 90 last year, if like me, you pay attention to players development when you watch them, then it is easy to put them into your Dream Team :P

I was right about Vince, I was right about Walker, I was right about Sloane, i'll be right about Wright two! P.s the four players I told everyone about as they came through the system, and i'll be right about Rory Laird and Luke Brown too ;D

meow meow

Quote from: zeddyzed on January 01, 2013, 06:30:28 PM
I'd make Tambling captain before i picked Higgins again ;D

+1. Picking Tambling as captain would be a great choice.

People are being swayed by one article during preseason? Wow. Higgo draws you in with his good looks and charm, but he's only going to hurt you.

Ziplock

Exactly... higgins isn't an old player dude, he's still pretty young.

As for vince, he's had one good DT season- the rest have been average, at best.

Walkers also only just had one good year...

and m2, I'm not saying that everyone should pick higgins, just that he's certainly underpriced, and has potential...

tbagrocks

When I mentioned Walker, Vince, Sloane and Wright I was talking about their ability not DT, only been playing DT for a year and a half ;D  anyway...

How many people started with Waters and Grimes last year? Well Waters was very cheap but I doubt many serious punters did

So then do we pick Missy and Hamstrings (Hartlett) this year?

You could yes, realistically both would be very good upgrade targets if they do stay sound and fire, though is both men play 22 games they would have to go close to top 6, Hamish would be a no brainer then as Port's best player!

With 30 trades you could start with one or both, easy to make the swap when they go down!

chaosAD

It's not about having the balls to get him, it's about having the brains to leave him out for ever. He's a muppet and a marshmallow, has the ability to be an elite forward but if u are considering him just push the delete my team button right now!

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 01, 2013, 09:12:08 PM
When I mentioned Walker, Vince, Sloane and Wright I was talking about their ability not DT, only been playing DT for a year and a half ;D  anyway...

How many people started with Waters and Grimes last year? Well Waters was very cheap but I doubt many serious punters did

You could yes, realistically both would be very good upgrade targets if they do stay sound and fire, though is both men play 22 games they would have to go close to top 6, Hamish would be a no brainer then as Port's best player!

With 30 trades you could start with one or both, easy to make the swap when they go down!

I started with waters... I was going to start with grimes, until he got injured pre-season, so I dropped him out of my team.

Adamant

Couldn't fit him in anyway with all the other forward options.

Ziplock

I just scraped him in then, mostly just to see how he complemented my team.

essendon2

Capper

Do you have the balls to get your  HIGG INS? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

No, i don't

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on January 02, 2013, 12:05:41 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 01, 2013, 09:12:08 PM

I started with waters... I was going to start with grimes, until he got injured pre-season, so I dropped him out of my team.

Zip is right on that one alot of serious dt players started waters. I was one of them he was part of the reason I got off to a strong start.

I haven't got Higgins at the moment but it would be silly to discount guys like him and hartlett. My concern is the dogs have a loaded midfield I'm not sure if he can average 90 again even fully fit. If I thought he could I would have him in my team.

There are a few key rules for how I play dt.

1. Load up the midfield early
2. Who cares about positions it's all about how much more can he score than a bench player.
3. Always take the injury risk player who can score over the player who the risk is scoring.

Rule 2 is why I might not be starting burger

Rule 3 is why rioli Sylvia Higgins hartlett are all on my short list

Ziplock

what bench ruckman could  you possibly have who'd outscore even an unfit burger :S

Nails

Higgins could be called HigGUNs. As that's what he has the potential to be, but as the topic said, do you have the balls?

I started him in DT but not SC last year or vice versa...

Theis years w/ 44 trade it doesn't really matter. If they get injured at training (where probably half the injuries seem to occur) trade them out and it doesn't cost you any points or cash. If they kill it you get a huge advantage, well, not that huge as everyone can just trade them in.

Only time you get hurt lots is if they get injured @ before HT... if they're a good player and get injured in 3rd qtr, should still give you a reasonable (albeit below premium) score.