Tennis Summer Discussion Thread

Started by tbagrocks, December 30, 2012, 01:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: colmullet on January 24, 2013, 07:51:42 PM
If i was Sloane i would be pretty pissed about that
Be honest, how good would you actually feel if you made a grand slam final because someone clearly better than you choked and couldn't serve it out, leaving you to stroll into the final?

My Chumps

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 26, 2013, 05:39:25 PM
Quote from: colmullet on January 24, 2013, 07:51:42 PM
If i was Sloane i would be pretty pissed about that
Be honest, how good would you actually feel if you made a grand slam final because someone clearly better than you choked and couldn't serve it out, leaving you to stroll into the final?
Couldn't care less to be honest!

My Chumps

Anyway, who's everyone tipping, Murray or Novak?

I think it'll be a tight one... Really, REALLY hope Murray gets up, but I think Djockovic will get the win in 5 sets.

tbagrocks

The good news is that after this match we won't have to put up with that hobo till next year ::)

Jay

Quote from: My Chumps on January 26, 2013, 07:25:18 PM
Anyway, who's everyone tipping, Murray or Novak?

I think it'll be a tight one... Really, REALLY hope Murray gets up, but I think Djockovic will get the win in 5 sets.
Djoko in 4 I say

Nige

tbagrocks

Why do they do that stupid kissy thing when presenting trophies? We are not in Europe :o

Once again I can't stress how happy I am that we no longer have to put up with that stupid hobo 8)

Btw I now need Murrey to win to complete a three leg bet

SriLanke won the 2nd Odi, Azarenka win, Murrey to win for a 50/1 shot to get up ;D

tbagrocks

Why is the bluddy hobo still on my tv >:( surely now this is the last of him :-[ get lost ya bluddy hobo!

Why is channel 7 so obsessed with this bluddy hobo anyway >:(

T Dog

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 27, 2013, 01:11:34 AM
Why is the bluddy hobo still on my tv >:( surely now this is the last of him :-[ get lost ya bluddy hobo!

Why is channel 7 so obsessed with this bluddy hobo anyway >:(

Can I check - which one is the Hobo? ..lol.. ;D

tbagrocks

The hobo that always is shown stalking Azarenka ;D

I need Murray here to get my 50/1 shot up ;D

T Dog

tbagrocks

Quote from: T Dog on January 27, 2013, 11:53:27 PM
He is doing his best..just for you.lol.. 8)
What I shoulda done is put some money on Joker for cover, com'on Muzza ;D

My Chumps

Murray was seriously unlucky tonight. Should've won the second, he played the better tennis. That heckler should never be allowed into an areana again.

Hate to see a player affected by injury in a final too. It can become less about who's the better player but who's not injured. As one of his supporters, I can't help but wonder what might've been if he had another day to recover. Murray also unlucky having Fed on his side of the draw rather than Ferrer. But I guess that's just the way it goes.

Keen for Rafa to get back into it to make slams even more open.

Holz

Quote from: My Chumps on January 28, 2013, 02:18:33 AM
Murray was seriously unlucky tonight. Should've won the second, he played the better tennis. That heckler should never be allowed into an areana again.

Hate to see a player affected by injury in a final too. It can become less about who's the better player but who's not injured. As one of his supporters, I can't help but wonder what might've been if he had another day to recover. Murray also unlucky having Fed on his side of the draw rather than Ferrer. But I guess that's just the way it goes.

Keen for Rafa to get back into it to make slams even more open.

I wouldnt say unlucky the world number 1 should get the easier draw.

Congrats novak 3 straight is a massive achievment. I do hope rafa can make it back for the french though.

Justin Bieber

Before Aus Open finished. Rafa was 1.90 to win the French lol.