Tennis Summer Discussion Thread

Started by tbagrocks, December 30, 2012, 01:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: whatlez on January 21, 2013, 07:20:38 PM
I'm loving the French commentary in the all French match.
Me too. Go Tsonga! 2-1 up and has a double break in the fourth over Gasquet  8)

tbagrocks

Why do the French guys seem to always be playing each other giving the French nutter a job ???

Entertaining yes but a conspiracy?

What gripes me (yes another tbag rant) is the commentaitors speaking to softly but the other noises, shrieks, crowd ect is to loud for me and the commentaitors aren't authoritative enough and speak far to gently. It's time like this I want to be in America where they are boisterous in there calling, speak up ya chumps!

Justin Bieber

That is stupid Tbag.

There are so many good French players, they have to play eventually ::)

Jay

what the flower 7? So throughout the whole Tsonga vs. Gasquet game they were pumping up the after-match interview with Henri Leconte and telling us to tune in, will be a cant miss moment... and then just when the match finishes, 7 flick it over to the Joker vs. Stan replay from last night. Dafuq???

Justin Bieber

colmullet

hey guy,s quick question, i may have missed something over the last year or two....but what happened to Robin Soderling?? He was a huge danger man a year or two ago

T Dog

I am going out on a limb here but I think Serena may win tonight  :o

jhello234

Quote from: colmullet on January 21, 2013, 09:12:45 PM
hey guy,s quick question, i may have missed something over the last year or two....but what happened to Robin Soderling?? He was a huge danger man a year or two ago

I think he has been out for about a year and a half due to sickness.

colmullet

Quote from: jhello234 on January 21, 2013, 10:16:35 PM
Quote from: colmullet on January 21, 2013, 09:12:45 PM

I think he has been out for about a year and a half due to sickness.

yeah i just looked it up myself....looks like hes going through exactly what i did, had mono and then it turned into chronic fatigue.....im 3 years into recovery and still not right so who knows when we will see him again

PowerBug

Quote from: Jayman on January 21, 2013, 07:48:25 PM
what the flower 7? So throughout the whole Tsonga vs. Gasquet game they were pumping up the after-match interview with Henri Leconte and telling us to tune in, will be a cant miss moment... and then just when the match finishes, 7 flick it over to the Joker vs. Stan replay from last night. Dafuq???
Same. Very, very annoying.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

My Chumps

Roanic just casually hits a 238 km serve  :o

Justin Bieber

Nige

My boy Milos is smashing out some big serves, but he just can't break Federer's...  :o  :(

PowerBug

From the Guiness book of Records 2013:
Ivo Karlovic (Croatia), who stands 2.08m tall, served a ball at 251kmph in a doubles match against Germany in the Davis Cup on 5 March 2011.

The fastest serve by a woman is 209kmph by Brenda Schultz-McCarthy on the 15 July 2006. Matched by Venus Williams in 2008.

For some reason, neither of those seem correct to me.

Edit: Wiki says otherwise. Sam Groth hit 263kmph and Sabine Lisicki hit 210kmph.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

tbagrocks

A few peoples early tip Radwanska is booted out by Narley (sorry) Leynar, what is it Li Na or Na Li?

Anyway Narley Li Na is looking good, not as good as Radwanska's legs but still playing well

Still got my money on the defendiong champ ;D

Though I am a softy for Maria :-* and she's flying too