Tennis Summer Discussion Thread

Started by tbagrocks, December 30, 2012, 01:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Robson turned into a woman :o yikes!

Justin Bieber

If Monfils lost that match somehow, how much of an idiot would he look?

He served like 5 doubles in a row lol. In round 1 he served like 16 as well :(

Holz

Cant believe it my taping stuffed up for the robson match. I was watching untill 2-1 in the seccond set and it cut out and than i saw her 10-9 in the 3rd.

Soo angry i missed that match but really happy for robson could be the break she needs. The robson bandwagon grew alot today. But who cares.

Windigo

She was born in Melbourne too.  :(

Justin Bieber

Highly entertaining match between Novak and Stepanek.

Cicjose

Sharapova giving Williams a thrashing

PowerBug

Waiting for Ferrer (my Open prediction) to come on and play my fellow countryman (pretty much :P). An entertaining 5 set win to Ferrer would be perfect. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

colmullet

Question: Would the tennis world still accept Sharapova's shrieking if she didn't look like a supermodel and win matches?

PowerBug

Quote from: colmullet on January 18, 2013, 10:22:53 PM
Question: Would the tennis world still accept Sharapova's shrieking if she didn't look like a supermodel and win matches?
They accept Schiavone's whatever stuff :P so yeah i think so. Same can be said for Azarenka too.

colmullet

what really annoys me is they show her practicing and there's not a noise coming from her....so shes obviously doing it for the benefit of her opponent

PowerBug

Ferrer + Baghdatis looks like going for a while. Some good tennis ahead with plenty of highlights i hope. :D

Sapientia

Sloane Stephens v Laura Robson shapes up to be a cracker. Had money on Sloane to reach the quarters so hopefully she beats Robson. Sloane's easily been the player who's won me the most money in tennis over the last year.

Cracker of a player. Between her and Keys, America's tennis future is looking really sound.

As for the Ferrer game tonight, was pretty obvious that Marcos wasn't going to be able to keep up with David. Clinical performance from a clinical player (against those ranked lower than him <_<)

Holz

Robson v Stephens was looking for it for about a minute thinking surely rod laver or hisense.

Show court 2!!!

Why is doubles on rod laver just because they are Australian should mean nothing. I'm sorry but does anyone here rather watch 2 average Australians play doubles or would you rather see two young up and coming players duke it out.

tbagrocks

Does anyone enjoy watching Serena? To me she's just a big hitting bully, far to butch and looks like she's taken more drugs than Lance

colmullet

na shes not good to watch (looks and game style), looks like Mike Tyson in a dress