Tennis Summer Discussion Thread

Started by tbagrocks, December 30, 2012, 01:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

Azarenka wins 6-1 6-0 in under an hour

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 02:12:33 PM
I've got a cable somewhere, how am I supposed to be on ff and watch tennis at the same time is i'm watching tennis puter?

open 2 tabs. and have FF on the side.

FisherSaints

FisherSaints

Whoops he hasn't yet but should. He's serving for the set I think 5-3

tbagrocks

Think i'd rather leave tv for tv, might have to get fox this year, really don't want to pay those nazi's though

Like tomorrow depending on who's playing tennis I might surf between cricket and tennis, don't want to go down the track of watching internet on tv, don't want to pay that much more for internet to be watching heaps of live sport either

PowerBug

Nice one FS, you jinxed Soeda! >:(
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

tbagrocks

Bad luck Mighty Duck, 4 hours 52 minutes, 8-10 in the fifth

Capper

Duckworth was unlucky.

After 2 rounds, 10 sets and over 9 hours he was beaten 3-6, 6-3, 6-4, 6-7(7-3), 10-8

PowerBug

I'd hate to be Monfils' coach, the guy is untrainable. Monfils has 40-30 on his serve, match point. From there he goes: double fault (Big 2nd serve), ace, double (Gone hard on the 2nd again), ace, doule (hit halfway up the net), unreturned serve, double (missed by 2 metres)

So his opponent has hit 1 ball in 7 points and it's Deuce. Luckily for Monfisl he won the next point and a good serve out wide on match point won hm the match.

:o

colmullet

agreed, but he would be one guy i wouldnt mind watching cuz ya never know what your gonna see haha

PowerBug

Quote from: colmullet on January 17, 2013, 10:47:30 PM
agreed, but he would be one guy i wouldnt mind watching cuz ya never know what your gonna see haha
I'd love to watch him play.... vs Baghdatis >:D That would be some match. (+ leconte in commentary)

tbagrocks

What's with that nut case of a french commentator, bit over the top? Not bias at all

Windigo

Tell me who Dafuq was that Lu bloke, had some weird grunt way before the ball had came to him. So distracting that I had to mute the game.   :'(

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 17, 2013, 10:52:22 PM
What's with that nut case of a french commentator, bit over the top? Not bias at all

Leconte, runner up in a french open.  :P

PowerBug

Henri Leconte, when Monfils is playing crazy good shots he is quite awesome to listen to.

tbagrocks

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 17, 2013, 10:56:19 PM
Henri Leconte, when Monfils is playing crazy good shots he is quite awesome to listen to.
It's better than the ones who speak so softly you have to turn it up, but I get annoyed at the roar of the crowd that I keep it down to a level meaning I can't always here the commentary