Tennis Summer Discussion Thread

Started by tbagrocks, December 30, 2012, 01:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Young Barty has a big task here v Cibulkove seed (15), good start winning game one

But of course we won't see the young super star as their showing Ebden try and win a third set, Barty will be far a better player than Ebden

Still, GO MATTY!

tbagrocks

Young and impressive Ash Barty wins the first set 6-3 against the 15th seed

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 07:32:50 PM

reality might be seeting in the second set. I still hope she can win, the onyl Australian i really go for. If not still a good performance.

tbagrocks

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 14, 2013, 07:32:50 PM
Can't say the same for the second set :-[

tbagrocks

She's got some maturing to do, mentally failing today? Maybe just not fit enough so her mind is hindered, still, great showing from Ashley

PowerBug

Haven't been on all day coz i was watching the tennis. Having an hour off (still got the Radio on though) then gonna head back to the TV for the night. :D

My predictions for the tournament:

Mens: David Ferrer (My player for the year, last year it was Murray, now it's Ferrer's turn to win a Grand Slam)
Women's: Julia Goerges (Got through in 3 sets, onya girl!) Nah seriously Serena Williams will be unstoppable.

My other girl Hantuchova is also playing a 3 setter today, 6-1, 1-6 and it's 1-2 on serve in teh third :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Bill Manspeaker

Serena Williams should start playing mens tennis.. she might have a challenge

tbagrocks

If Serena won't subject to a gender test then i'll have Azarenka thanks

Nige

Quote from: brad on January 14, 2013, 09:45:49 PM
Serena Williams should start playing mens tennis.. she might have a challenge
I second this notion.

Also, get around Johnny Millman!

tbagrocks

Lol are you people seriois? Serena wouldn't be capable of beating the top 100 men what the frog are you on :o

Martina Hingis was a far, far beter tennis player than Serena Williams will ever dream of being

I'm 6'3 and a strong black lass I should be able to blast anyone else off the court? Very lady like!

She has some ability but imo she will always suck, maybe i'm to much of a Hingis fan sure, but I want to see good tennis, not some (supposed) woman capable of challanging Arnie in an arm wrestle

Bill Manspeaker

so she could challenge Arnie in an arm wrestle but she couldn't challenge a male tennis player? :P

Hewy looking good to take the second set

tbagrocks

Something likme that, though it makes Martina more impresseve imo

Lleyton is in for the fight of his (since he became old and got back into it) life

Bill Manspeaker

as i say that Tipsarevic breaks back 5 all... now 6-5 Tipsarevic

Bill Manspeaker

aaaand second set goes to Tipsarevic

and tbag i'm with you, Hingis was my favourite female tennis player, but both in their prime i'd probably back Serena. but i don't know jack shower about tennis :P

Bill Manspeaker

get stoned and just watch the ball boys/girls. so freakin organized, for some reason they remind me of ants