Tennis Summer Discussion Thread

Started by tbagrocks, December 30, 2012, 01:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

The weirdest game ever here between Monfils and Simon...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: My Chumps on January 20, 2013, 02:29:18 AM
The weirdest game ever here between Monfils and Simon...
I was on Monfils :(. Got my money back...

My Chumps

Dammit man, ruined the match for me :P

It's delayed on 7 and only into the fifth set. Awell. I was backing Monfils too :(

Justin Bieber

Oh by your comment I thought you saw the rest of the match :o. It gets worse haha

colmullet

Nishikori looking really good early here, could be long tight match

colmullet

Tominator

5th set of Djokovic-Wawrinka has been going for 91 minutes already... 11-10 Djokovic leads

Sapientia

Anyone watching the Wawrinka/Djokovic match?

Wawrinka has been immense, absolutely immense. 10-10 in the 5th at the moment. His court coverage and baselining have been absolutely immense. I think Djokovic will still win but wow, this has been fantastic.

The last time I remember someone lifting their game so considerably for a match with an elite opponent was Rosol in last year's Wimbledon, and before that I can't even remember.

Justin Bieber

gossiboy

Unbelievable match after a week of very ordinary tennis. The Federer-Tomic second set was the best tennis I'd seen all tournament before tonight.

Kellogscrunchynut

What a performance by both participants, Wawrinka unlucky in the end put up a great fight.

Sapientia

Wow, just wow. Amazing last point. Great stuff from Novak but I'm disappointed Stan didn't win, always love the underdog.

Amazing stuff.

Tominator

PowerBug

Quote from: whatlez on January 19, 2013, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 19, 2013, 05:36:21 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 19, 2013, 05:28:43 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 19, 2013, 05:16:50 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 19, 2013, 05:04:50 PM
Channel 7 really do suck, while we were forced to endure the she-man winning world number 6 Del Potro was losing the first two sets

Really finding their coverage poor

That was a good call serena is the best women's player in the world she should be on tv.
But they didn't show the world number one Azarenka the other day, double standards much? Sure Serena is the best bully in the world I wouldn't call her the best player

Nup 7 just suck, like that hobo they keep showing ???

Honestly I don't want to watch Serena, ever! It's not pretty to watch

We all know azarenka is not the best player in the world if serena played the full calendar she would be number 1 easy.
Serena is currently world number one though...
Ummmm... ??? Sorry whatlez, not sure if you've looked at the draw at all this open, or even watched any of the tennis. Surely you'd have seen by now that Serena hasd a '3' next to her name, not a '1'. :P

Quote from: SilkySkills on January 14, 2013, 09:42:44 PM
My predictions for the tournament:

Mens: David Ferrer (My player for the year, last year it was Murray, now it's Ferrer's turn to win a Grand Slam)
Women's: Julia Goerges (Got through in 3 sets, onya girl!) Nah seriously Serena Williams will be unstoppable.
*whistles* If only Wawrinka got through last night things would be looking better. :-\
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Justin Bieber

I'm loving the French commentary in the all French match.