Smokies for 2013!!

Started by underdog11, December 29, 2012, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Driride

to pick a mid price smokie , is it worth the gamble ? yes a low price smokey is worth it I think , but to spend $300,000 to make a $450,000 non keeper, this may be ok for a forward or back but not a mid , what do you think   

tbagrocks

Quote from: Driride on December 30, 2012, 01:08:52 AM
to pick a mid price smokie , is it worth the gamble ? yes a low price smokey is worth it I think , but to spend $300,000 to make a $450,000 non keeper, this may be ok for a forward or back but not a mid , what do you think
Definitely, A well picked mid priced mid, David Swallow, Gaff, Wallis, Fyfe, Watts etc

Will make you your quick cash to either upgrade to a fallen premo, Swan, Buddy, Goddard etc, or they will prove to be worthy keepers

Presto

+1
Although in some very rare case it might pay, but we have seen in previous years that for every smokie, there are dozens of mid price players that will not live up to expectations.
Much better to risk your money on (fallen) proven performers like Leunberger, Ball and Embley. And I would suggest not to have too many of them.

Football Factory

Quote from: Presto on December 30, 2012, 02:10:41 PM
+1
Although in some very rare case it might pay, but we have seen in previous years that for every smokie, there are dozens of mid price players that will not live up to expectations.
Much better to risk your money on (fallen) proven performers like Leunberger, Ball and Embley. And I would suggest not to have too many of them.
+ 2

stew42

Just a little team I made up... I tried to keep the rookies solid, and tried not to select the typical premos. This has no starting rookies in the backs, rucks, and potentially fwds, with only one in the mids. Of course the key word is "potentially"... Anyone got huevos?

TEAM NAME: Smokey team
DEF: D. Stanley, P. Duffield, B. Lake, J. Watts, C. Yarran, S. Atley (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: J. Redden, K. Jack, R. O'Keefe, T. Greene, A. Treloar, T. Liberatore, A. Embley, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, M. Leuenberger (M. Gawn, D. Currie)
FWD: G. Broughton, C. Sylvia, T. Cloke, A. Christensen, A. Siposs, S. Byrnes (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $4,400

Football Factory

Nice 1 Stew ..Use a family members email and give it a run  8)

stew42

Haha, I'll let you guys know how it goes  ;)

azza707

looking at players like savage or liam shiels. with no young and WhiteX out for the year, lots of room to move in that midfield now

Toga

stew42

Quote from: stew42 on December 30, 2012, 03:13:40 PM
Just a little team I made up... I tried to keep the rookies solid, and tried not to select the typical premos. This has no starting rookies in the backs, rucks, and potentially fwds, with only one in the mids. Of course the key word is "potentially"... Anyone got huevos?

TEAM NAME: Smokey team
DEF: D. Stanley, P. Duffield, B. Lake, J. Watts, C. Yarran, S. Atley (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: J. Redden, K. Jack, R. O'Keefe, T. Greene, A. Treloar, T. Liberatore, A. Embley, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, M. Leuenberger (M. Gawn, D. Currie)
FWD: G. Broughton, C. Sylvia, T. Cloke, A. Christensen, A. Siposs, S. Byrnes (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $4,400
Just been thinking about this team. Pretty much all of my 30 trades will be sideways. As they are mid-pricers, these upgrades would be early also... I'm going crazy; this is actually starting to look good...  :o

Or maybe I'm just hungover, lol

*Drink Responsibly

kilbluff1985

Besides Kreuzer i like it a lot should get Howlett in this mids though :)

stew42

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 31, 2012, 01:12:09 PM
Besides Kreuzer i like it a lot should get Howlett in this mids though :)
Baha, Belly instead...

oodmutler

Quote from: mdub on December 29, 2012, 07:44:23 PM
BRENT MALONEY!!! $308k, bit pricey I no BUT!!!!  think about it he avg 88 odd at Melbourne with jamar tapping it down to him. But imagine the purchase Maloney will get out of leuy, considering leuy is 10x the ruck man jamar is. Maloney I think could potentially be a all-Australian!!!!!

Beamer yes! I think with the extra two spots in the midfield, he has to be considered! Personally if he shows anything in the pre season like his 2011 form, then he's in! Embley and Ball could also compete for the same spot in your team. But, Beamer...it was evident that he did not agree with Mark Neeld's game plan....and was not giving anything near 100%. Surely he improves out of site at Brisbane.

Barra17

All reports is he is tearing it up at Brisbane at the moment.

Adamant

Not really a smokey, but Danny Stanley could be a nice unique who should push a 95ish average. Not in my side though.